Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

In Each Other by fiskehandler

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Discalimer: I do not own Harry Potter characters, they're JKR's.



One of the last days of the summer was drawing to a close. School had already started, and three teenagers were sitting alone in the Gryffindor common room, doing their homework. Well, actually the two boys were doing their homework, and the girl was knitting socks for the house elves.

The red-headed boy finally realised that he had nothing else to add to his Potions' essay, put his quill down, turned his head to the other boy, and asked "So, Harry, how did it go with that girl I saw you talking to today?"

"Bad! I couldn't say a word, I kept stuttering!" the boy answered putting down his own quill.

"Bad luck, mate!"

The girl stopped knitting, and said to the boy with the glasses, "Honestly, Harry, there's nothing to worry about, either she rejects you, or she doesn’t."

"Well, it's easier for you, isn't it, Hermione? You're a girl, girls don't ask boys out, they are asked out!" argued the red-headed boy.

"Easier? You think that being a girl is easier than being a boy?"

"As a matter of fact, I do!"

"Ron, you wouldn't last one day in a girl's body, I guarantee you!"

"And you think, you can last longer in a boy's body?"

"Of course." she proudly announced and went back to her knitting.

"Can you believe her?" Ron asked Harry, but Harry too busy in his own essay didn't answer. Ron gathered his things and stood up. "I'm going to bed, it's getting late. Good night!" he said to his friends, and slowly climbed the staircase, leading to the boys' dormitory.

A few minutes later, Harry finished his essay, and feeling too tired, decided to go to bed as well. "Night, Hermione!" he yawned, and left her alone in the common room. Hermione looked at how many socks she had finished knitting, and decided that it would be better for the house elves if she forced herself to stay up at least until midnight.

A few hours later Hermione stopped knitting the final sock for the night. She looked proudly at the pile that was now standing on top of the table, and thought of all the house elves that would be liberated after she had fallen asleep. Too tired to climb up to her dormitory, she remembered the little argument she had with Ron earlier. "I wish Ron and I could change places for just one day, so he could see how hard it actually is to be me!" she sighed and right after that she fell asleep on the comfortable armchair. Suddenly a ring on her hand glowed very bright, and some writings in an unknown language appeared on it.

The following morning, Ron woke up in the common room, sitting in an armchair. What was going on, he had no memory of having fallen asleep here. He caught a glimpse of his hair. But it didn't look like his hair. It was long, and brown, and bushy. He reached to pick it up with his hands, so he could have a better look at it. But then he realised that his hands were softer and smaller than they normally were. Those were not his hands. He looked down at his body, and saw that it actually wasn't his body; it was the body of a girl! What was going on here? Was he dreaming? "Ouch!" he exclaimed. No! He wasn't. The pinch had hurt, so it wasn't a dream at all. What was going on then? Whose body was that, if not his? He quickly got up from the armchair, and made his way to the bathroom. There in front of the mirror, he saw Hermione's face.

"Bloody hell!" Hermione's voice echoed throughout the bathroom. "That's Hermione’s voice!" he exclaimed! Well, of course it was. If he looked like Hermione, then he definitely should have sounded like her too. "I wonder..." he said, looking into his bosom. "Nice!"

"What are you doing?" Ron turned around to see Parvati Patil standing right behind him.

"Hi, Parvati" he muttered. "How are you? Are you feeling a bit different? Feeling like... I don't know... like you're not you?"

"No!" she answered. "I'm fine, thank you."

"Okay then. Good for you!" he exclaimed and got out of the bathroom. Parvati stayed there, still staring in amazement at the place Hermione had been seconds ago. She of course had often heard her reciting chapters from "Hogwarts, A History" while sleeping. She had often seen her stay up until late knitting socks for God knows who. But she had never before seen her admiring her chest.

Upon returning to the common room, Ron met his body waiting for him in an armchair near the fireplace. It turned to him and asked, "Ron, what are we going to do?"

"Who are you? How do you know who I am?" he asked on his own turn, sitting on the comfortable armchair next to his body.

"Well, don't you think it makes sense that if you're in my body, I should be in yours?"

"Hermione?"

"Yes!"

"When did you get up?"

"Hours ago! I've been in the library, trying to find something that could help us."

"And?"

"Well... There's this kind of transfiguration: Body-swappers. But I don't think it will help us!"

"Why not?"

"It's harder than becoming an animagus. It takes years to become a body-swapper. And besides, we both have to be such, to be able to change back into each other"

“What about polyjuice potion.”

“It takes a month to be completed, and besides it will only work for several hours.”

"Do you even have any idea how we ended up in each others bodies in the first place?"

"No."

"What are we going to do?"

"Maybe we should go and tell Professor Dumbledore."

"I don't think we should tell anyone. They'll think we're crazy!"

"Maybe you're right. I've never read of people changing their bodies just like that." she agreed. Suddenly her eye caught something on Ron's hand. Her ring was different than the day before, it had writings on it. "What's wrong with my ring?"

"You have a ring?" Ron said in disbelief and looked at his hand. There really was a ring on one of his fingers. "I've never seen it before, is it new?"

"My parents sent it to my for my birthday, said they bought it from an antique store." she answered. "I usually don't wear jewelry, but they insisted on it! Let me have a closer look at it, it didn't use to have any writings before!"

Ron removed the ring from his finger and gave it to Hermione. She stared at for several seconds, and then picked up her quill, which was still on the table, and copied all the writings on a little note. "I haven't seen such writing before, but I might be able to find something in the library." The bell rang. "It's seven o'clock," she observed after looking at her watch "breakfast is going to start soon. Come on, let’s go!"



A/N: This is my first fanfiction, more chapters to come. Please R&R.