Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

In Each Other by fiskehandler

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: Harry Potter characters, story, etc. - not mine!
Harry Potter characters, story, etc. - JKR's!




"Look, Hermione, I'm sorry I saw your--" started Ron.

"Oh, it's OK, we're even!" said Hermione.

"Oh, OK then. Wait, what?"

"I saw you naked too."

"What? Wh-wh-why? H-h-how come?" he stuttered.

"Well, I really, really had to go to the bathroom this morning!"

"You don't need to take a shower every day!"

"Not shower, Ron. I had an urge!"

"Oh, OK, it was bound to happen!" he said, then got out of the bathroom, and headed for the Gryffindor common room.

A few minutes later, Ron got out of the Gryffindor tower and headed for his first ever Ancient Runes lesson. The bell rang, which meant he was going to be late with one or two minutes. Where was the room? Hermione had said something about the second room in the third corridor on the left on the second floor. Or was it the second corridor on the right? Was it the central corridor on the third floor? After wandering for about twenty-five minutes, trying different combinations, he finally gave up.

Meanwhile at Divination, after Professor Trelawney made a couple of predictions that a boy with an untidy hair and green eyes was going to die, she suddenly turned to Hermione and said, "My dear, what has happened to you? Are you feeling alright?"

"I'm fine!" she answered.

"Are you sure?"

"Honestly, Professor Trelawney, I'm fine!"

"I just have this feeling, that I'm speaking to someone else today, that this body is not yours!"

"How do you--" started Hermione, but stopped, realising what she was about to say. "What are you talking about?" she corrected herself.

"You are not Harry!"

"That's right! I'm Harry!" agreed Harry, who was sitting right next to Hermione.

"Oh, you're right." she said in a lower voice, backed out, returned to her desk and continued, "Anyway we shall continue our lesson!"

Hermione wasn't very sure that Professor Trelawney had really mistaken Ron for Harry, or actually knew what had happened. No she couldn't know what had happened. She was a fraud, and Hermione couldn't understand why Harry and Ron were wasting their time with such a subject as Divination, so she turned to Harry and asked "Why are you... I mean why do we continue to attend Divination?"

"It's fun! Would you prefer Ancient Runes?"

"Yes! I mean no, I wouldn't. It's probably very boring!"

Finally the bell rang, and the lesson was over. "I just hope this is the last Divination lesson I've had" muttered Hermione under her breath, so Harry wouldn't hear her, and headed with him to the Great Hall for lunch.

When Ron entered the Great Hall, Hermione and Harry were already there. He saw Parvati walking in his direction and greeted her, "Hey, Parvati, how was Divination?" Parvati though got the impression that what she thought was Hermione now was trying to flirt with her, turned around in the opposite direction and dashed into Lavender who was walking right behind her. She lost balance and fell over the Ravenclaw table. "Maybe she switched with Neville." Ron muttered to himself. Then he made his way to Hermione, and sat next to her.

"So, Hermione, how was Ancient Runes?" asked Hermione.

"Well, I... Er... I couldn't find the room."

"You what?!" she almost shouted. "I told you the first door on the left in the second corridor on the right on the third floor. How hard could it be?"

"How do you know where Ancient Runes are?" Harry asked, surprised. "And why do you care if Hermione missed a lesson? If she's not mad, why should you be?"

"Well, I just don't want her to fail."

"Hermione never fails, right?" he asked Ron.

"Right!"

"OK then, for a moment there I thought you were going to start fighting again."

The first lesson after lunch was double potions with Slytherin. "Now this potion includes a very rare substance, root of Indian pine, they're almost extinct." said Professor Snape. "Luckily, I have some, so I've put a flask containing a quarter milligram of it on your desk, this should be enough to make your potions work." As usual with Potions, it didn't go very good for Ron, his potion exploded, and so did Neville's, because Ron was trying to help him, something usually Hermione does. This time it didn't go well for her either though. She lost her root of Indian Pine, which caused her 60 points from Gryffindor.

"How could you?" she said to Ron after the lesson was over. "Can't you do anything right?"

"What are you talking about, did I lose your root?"

"It's not unusual for you to lose something, but you have been embarrassing me all day. First you didn't attend Ancient Runes, then your potion exploded, then you made Neville's potion explode..."

"So, it's about Neville, isn't it?"

"It's not about Neville, it's about you, trying to be me, and failing it!"

"Well, it's not very easy being you, Hermione! I don't know everything!"

"I wonder who told me last night it was easy to be me!"

"I said it was easy to be a girl, not you!"

"Are you saying I'm not a girl?"

"Have you looked in the mirror recently?"

"You know, Ron, this is just like you! You never appreciate what I do for you! You're always making fun of me! You never see me as a girl! Honestly, what am I hoping for?" she said, bursting into tears, and ran away.

"What the bloody hell did I say now?"

Ron had a lot of time to think at what he had said. He had offended Hermione, even though he had no intentions of doing it. He looked at his time-table, his next and last lesson for the day was Arithmancy. At least he knew where that was. One time the previous year, he waited for Hermione in front of the room to ask her out for Valentine's Day. He didn't have the guts to do it though, and then Angelina announced there would be quidditch practice that particular day.



A/N: Thanks for the reviews. Next chapter by the end of the week.