Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

In Each Other by fiskehandler

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Thanks for the reviews, this is the final chapter. I promise my next fiction will be longer, and that I'll write it fastrer!

Disclaimer: JK Rowling created the Harry Potter characters, and she owns them, I don't, and I'm not her!




Ron entered the Arithmancy classroom, and sat on one of the last desks. As he sat down, he felt that the enchanted cloth, used to absorb his menstruation was soaking wet, and was now wetting his skin. His panties however were dry. The bell rang, Professor Vector entered the room, and said, "Good afternoon, everyone! We shall begin the lesson now."

"Hope it's not anything important!" muttered Ron.

"Today, we're going to have a very important lesson."

"Great!"

Hermione wiped away her tears and entered the library. She gathered a couple of books, among them: "Famous Ring and how to Recognise them"; "Broken Wands and What Happened to them"; "Advanced Charms"; "Advanced Potions"; "Advanced Transfigurations"; etc., and put them down on one of the desks. Then she took off her bag, and saw that there was a small flask containing root of Indian pine on it. "There it is. I haven't lost it!" She opened her bag and put it inside, "It might come in handy." Then she started reading one of the books. Halfway through it, she suddenly stopped, "This is it!" She looked at her clock and said, "Oh I'm going to be late for the tryouts. Better hurry!" Then she stormed out of the library. As she got up from her seat, one of the books fell on the floor, and opened on the following page:


"The Ring of Freya Altera

"Freya Altera was a young witch/alchemist who lived in ancient times. She specialised in developing alternatives to wands. One of her most successful works was a ring. This ring however did not work, even though according to her calculations, it should have. She couldn't cast the simplest of spells with it. Shortly after creating the ring Freya began acting weird. She claimed she was not Freya, that she was Arthur, her best friend. Arthur on the other hand claimed he was Freya. This however did not last long. When Arthur and Freya married a year later, Freya claimed that the ring made them switch bodies, and switched them back, only after they confessed their non-platonic love to each other. She also claimed that the ring would work that way for every couple that have not yet confessed their love to each other. However, the ring was lost before her claim could be proven."


Alongside the text there was a drawing of the ring, with some writings on it. The ring looked just like the one Hermione's parents had bought her for her birthday. Below the drawing, there was a text that said:


"According to Freya these writings, on the picture above, appeared on the ring when she switched with Arthur, and disappeared, when they switched back."


The bell rang. Ron got out of the Arithmancy class room, and headed to the Gryffindor Tower. He walked to the portrait of the fat lady, said the password, and found himself in the Gryffindor common room. Near the fire were sitting Dean, Seamus and Neville.

"Hey, can you tell me where I can find Ron?" he asked them.

"Isn't he at the Quidditch tryouts?" Neville said.

"He is? Well, thanks."

Meanwhile, Hermione exited the Quidditch field, and started looking for Ron. She didn't have to look for him long, because he was headed in her direction. When she saw him, she ran to him yelling, "I did it! I did it! You're on the team! I saved 85% per cent of the shots!"

"You did it? But, how?" he asked.

"Well, you know how you need quick reflexes to be a keeper, right? But what if in stead of quick reflexes, you had more time?"

"You'd do better!"

"And what if there's a potion allowing you to think faster for an hour, thus time flying slower for you? And what if this potion is so hard to be made that you need the rare root of Indian pine to make it, and you just happened to find one in your bag, you thought it was lost?"

"Hermione, that's great, thank you, thank you so much!"

She blushed at his words and they both looked down for a moment.

"Er... Hermione.. There was a really important lesson today at Arithmancy--"

Hermione's face turned serious. "So what did you do?"

"Well," he began, reaching into his bag, "I wrote it for you. And I mean everything." he continued pulling out 4 rolls of parchment. "Every single word Professor Vector said!"

"Oh, Ron!" she said, leant down, and kissed him on the cheek. As her head began to move away from his cheek, he instinctively moved his head a bit in her directions, and incidentally touched her lips with his. They stayed like that for a second, looking into each other's eyes. Then they closed their eyes and pushed their lips together in a passionate kiss.

Hermione moved her mouth to his ear and whispered, "You have no idea how many times I've wanted to do this!"

"You're not the only one!" he replied in her ear.

They closed their eyes again and started kissing. Suddenly Hermione felt that she was not kissing someone shorter than her anymore. It felt like she was kissing someone taller. Ron was feeling exactly the opposite. They stepped away from each other, and for the first time that day Hermione saw Ron, and Ron saw Hermione. They had switched back.
“Ron, you should have put the absorber with the enchanted way up. This way both your skin, and the cloth stay dry!”

“Oh, sorry!”

“It’s okay!” she said, and kissed him again.

Hermione entered the common room carrying a big book. Only Ron was inside, the rest of the Gryffindors were at the dinner. She sat down next to him opened the book at the page that described the story of Freya's ring and pointed it to him. "Seems like we've found her ring, doesn't it?" she asked after he finished reading.

"Yeah, but it doesn't matter anymore! The only thing that matter is that we're finally together!" he said, and started kissing her.

At that exact moment Harry, Neville, Dean, Seamus, Parvati and Lavender entered the common room.

"About time!" Harry said. They broke the kiss, turned to them, and smiled, embarrassed.

"Oh, thank God!" muttered Parvati to herself.




Please R&R!