Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Strongest Bond of Love by dark arts master

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

CHAPTER 12: FINDING HERMIONE

“Lumos!” Harry whispered. His wand lit up, revealing the tunnel that he and Cho were in.

The tunnel was dark and damp. Cho kept slipping and tripping over things, but Harry didn’t have that problem. He had been down this tunnel before. The tunnel under the Whomping Willow that led to the Shrieking Shack in Hogsmeade.

Just a few years ago Harry and Hermione had entered this tunnel to save Ron from a black dog. A black dog that later turned out to be Harry’s godfather Sirius Black.

“Umph!” Cho grunted as she tripped over a large branch. Harry reached out and grabbed her so she didn’t fall.

“Be careful,” he said. “There are rocks and roots all over the place. We don’t need you to get hurt, especially after what just happened to you.”

Harry frowned at his last comment. What had happened to Cho? According to her story she had watched Hermione being dragged into the tunnel by Draco Malfoy. But that couldn’t have been. How did Draco know about the secret tunnel under the Whomping Willow? And how did he know about the knot that stopped the tree from moving? Why didn’t Hermione fight him? She would never have underestimated Malfoy enough to not be ready for any spell he could unleash, and she was much quicker with her wand than he was. What had happened to Hermione?

There had to have been someone else, Harry though. There was no way that Draco Malfoy could have subdued Hermione. There had to have been someone else, Hermione had to have been outnumbered. But who?

Harry glanced over at Cho who was walking without a problem now. What had happened to Cho? When Harry had found her she was laying on the ground, it seemed as if she was just regaining consciousness. But Cho had never said she was hit by a spell, and she hadn’t mentioned seeing anyone other than Draco Malfoy. She also seemed perfectly fine for someone who had just regained consciousness.

Even when Harry had found her, she was far too awake and coherent to have been unconscious from an attack. That’s when Harry realized that they wanted him to know where Hermione was. This wasn’t just some stupid prank Malfoy was pulling. This was the real deal. This was all a set up. Harry was being led to Voldemort.


“That’s right Professor Dumbledore,” Luna said quietly. “Both Marietta and Cho are missing. Why do you ask?”

“It is nothing Miss Lovegood,” Dumbledore answered her. “There was some confusion among a few students regarding the Hogsmeade visit and where to meet to return to the school. We’re just trying to figure out exactly who they are, it’s no big deal.”

“Oh no Professor,” Luna said very importantly as if she was proud that she knew something he did not. “They aren’t here in the common room that’s true, but Cho did come back to school with us. As for Marietta, we haven’t seen her since breakfast. I don’t think she ever got to Hogsmeade.”

“Why do you say that Luna?” Dumbledore asked.

“Between you and me,” Luna whispered, still speaking in her important tone of voice, “I think Marietta went and fell into a dangerous crowd. I think she might have gotten into a spot of trouble this morning.”

Dumbledore frowned. Luna was always the one to go to for information, she knew everything. And she was far to smart for her own good.

“Luna,” Dumbledore said, “Is anyone else missing?”


“Lupin!” Drowry as he ran past her. “Where are you going?”

“The Shrieking Shack!” he yelled from ahead of her.

“The Shrieking Shack?” she yelled back, changing direction to run after him. “Why are you going there?”

“Something McGonagall said,” Lupin said as he finally stopped running and looked at Drowry while he caught his breath. “She asked, ‘where could Hermione have been kidnapped and left off Hogwarts grounds’. Well, we know Hermione was kidnapped on Hogwarts grounds. And there just so happens to be a secret passageway from Hogwarts to the Shrieking Shack in Hogsmeade. It’s not far and it’s convenient.”

“Lupin your brilliant!” she said grabbing him in a hug. “Where is it?”

Lupin pointed his finger at the Whomping Willow that stood only two feet away from swinging wildly around trying to reach the two of them. He had a huge smile on his face from Drowry’s hug.

“Nice place to put a secret tunnel,” Drowry said staring at the extremely agitated tree.


It was all a setup, Harry now knew. He gripped his wand tighter in his hand. He wasn’t going to make it easy for him. Cho glanced nervously at his hand as his fingers tightened, he could almost see her heart beating from fright.

Harry looked up ahead of him; the tunnel was nearing the end. Soon, they would come to the trap door that led into the Shrieking Shack. He had to act quickly.


“I don’t know if I’m right,” Lupin said. “So you go into Hogsmeade and apparate to meet him like you said you would. Then come back and contact the other’s. I’ll go through the tunnel. It’ll take me awhile because I’ll have to be extremely cautious. Voldemort knows I know about the tunnel, he may have booby-trapped it or placed Death Eaters along it for protection. Who knows! Will you go?”

“Yes, but if your right,” she said, “You will probably get there before me, and I wont have time to go back for help. What do we do then?”

“Then I’ll go back,” Lupin said smiling at her. “Or, we fight to the death. A noble end for noble people.”


“Gah!” Cho screamed as her head hit the wall. Harry’s hand was tightly squeezing her throat and the force and speed at which he had attacked her was phenomenal.

“Give it up Cho!” he screamed. “I know your working for Voldemort! I know you’re taking me right to him!”

“No,” Cho gagged. “No, I’m not!”

“Liar!” Harry screamed slamming her against the wall again. “You attacked Hermione.”

“No!”

Harry raised his wand and pointed it directly towards face. He opened his mouth to speak but the words stopped coming when he heard laughter. And it wasn’t coming from Cho.


“Minerva!” Dumbledore shouted as he ran to the Entrance Hall of the school.

“Everyone else is here Albus,” she said. “The only student’s missing are Cho, Marietta, Malfoy, Harry, and Hermione.”

“No,” Dumbledore said. “There’s one more. We need to find Voldemort immediately, I have contacted the Order.”

“Who else is missing Albus?”

“You will never guess.” Dumbledore said as he walked out the door with Minerva and Severus.


Harry loosened his grip on Cho’s throat when he heard the laughing. But Cho didn’t sink to the floor coughing like he would have expected her too. She staid leaning against the wall, her head slightly tilted, and her eyes glazed over.

Harry pointed his wand in the direction of the laughter. But it was too dark, he couldn’t see anything. Whoever was laughing was just out of reach of his Lumos! Spell, but they had a great view of him.

“Nox!” Harry said. But the tunnel didn’t go dark. It remained bright where he and Cho stood.

Cho moaned beside him.

“I suppose I should release you now?” came a voice Harry knew quite well, a voice he would never have suspected to hear in this situation. “Is that right? I did promise to release you if you led him to me.”

“Please,” came a soft croak from Cho. Harry glanced over at her.

Eyes glazed over, blank expression, he thought of his conversation with Hermione, Ginny and Seamus the day before- Cho was under the Imperius Curse.

“Please,” Cho said again, this time stronger.

Another laugh. Then Harry saw the tip of a wand appear just beyond the shadow in the tunnel, pointed straight at Cho.

“Avada Kedavra!”


“Ahhh!” Lavender screamed as Marietta Edgecombe’s body fell out of the closet.

Filch stared at the body of the girl for a moment and then ordered all of the student’s back to their common rooms. And even though he was just the janitor, they all easily obeyed.

“Well I’ll be damned,” Filch said to Mrs. Norris who was hissing at the body. “Looks like we got a murderer at our school Mrs. Norris.”


Harry watched as Cho’s body sagged down the rock wall and land in a crumpled heap on the ground. She was dead. Harry’s wand flew in the direction of where the spell had come from.

“Expelliarmus!”

Harry’s wand flew from his hand and into the hand of the girl he thought he could trust who stood in the shadows. He turned around and stared at where the spell had come from.

“Scared now Potter?” Malfoy sneered at him, his wand pointed directly between his eyes.

“You wish!” Harry answered the same question through his gritted teeth.

“You should be,” Malfoy answered, “being we’ve got your girlfriend. What I would like to do to her!”

Harry lunged at Malfoy. He may not have had his wand, but he could beat him with his fists.

“That’s enough!” the girl shouted.

Harry stood up and looked daggers at Malfoy. He turned around slowly and looked at the two wands that were pointed at him, one of which was his own. The wands moved forward slightly as the holder walked out of the shadows and into the light.

“Let’s go Malfoy,” said Penelope Clearwater.


Okay, I know I said I wanted 15 reviews before I put this chapter up, but I felt really bad. I told you guys that it would probably only take the moderators a couple of day's to approve Chapter 11, but it's been a week and they still havn't even read it!!! I felt so bad that I came and uploaded 12 for you. Hope your not upset! Also, please review! I am very anxious about your reactions to who Voldemort's daughter is! Especially review if you knew it was Penelope! I'm curious to know how you knew! But it doesn't really matter, just review!

I have finished writing the story and have started on the sequal- Love Fulfilled! In 4 chapter's this story will be over! Can you beleive it? Anyways, I'm thinking that the sequal might be more of a Dark/Angst story than a romance, havn't really decided yet. Will keep you updated! Hope your enjoying the story, please drop me a line and fill me in one what you think! Much love to all of my faithfull readers! Thank you for putting up with the first 3 boring chapter's! Aren't you glad you did?! Anyways, go review now..go...now. When I get 10 more I'll upload 13!