Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Strongest Bond of Love by dark arts master

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

CHAPTER 8: ONE MORE DAY

“Talk to me Marietta, tell me what happened. What did you do?” Marietta just stood there, shaking violently. Tears fell down her cheeks, but never once did her eyes leave Professor Drowry’s.

“Marietta,” Drowry said again, “you need to tell me. If you don’t I’ll crawl inside your mind and take what information I need.”

“I…I can’t,” Marietta stuttered. “I…I don’t know…I don’t understand what’s happening.”

Drowry sighed, she didn’t want to have to do this, I was wrong- even for her standards. But, lives were in danger. She pulled her wand out of her robe and pointed it between Marietta’s eyes.

“I’m sorry,” she said. “Legilimens!”


“You’re not bad.” Draco’s hands caressed her stomach. “Better than most at least.” She stood up and walked to put her clothes on. She was ashamed of herself, and it made her mad. She knew she should never have given into him and his desires, especially during such a crucial time period. But there had been something about him that she couldn’t ignore.

The worst part, though, was that she had enjoyed every sweaty second of it. God, Draco knew how to use his hands. And his body, perfectly toned and muscular from his Quidditch playing. God, no one had ever been that good, not even Percy Weasley.

She turned around and looked at him. He was still panting heavily, and covered with sweat. His blonde hair hung loosely in front of his eyes. She noiced the red marks on his back, made from her nails. He hadn’t been good, he had been incredible. But so had she. She could tell by thehungrey look in his eyes, the way he continued to pant heavily, and by the way his erection grew larger underneat the thin white sheet he had loosely draped over the lower part of his body.

Her school shirt hung from her damp shoulders, not completely covering her left breast. She watched as Draco’s hungry eyes moved away from her face and stopped at her exposed chest. She wanted to button her shirt up, slip on her pants and leave the room. She wanted to get away from him, forever. But the sight of his body, and the memory of the way she had felt with him inside of her kept her glued to where she sat.

Draco got up from the couch; the thin sheet fell slowly to the ground. He came towards her, she moved away from him so that her back was pressed against the wall. She wanted to leave, right now. But she couldn’t. As much as she detested him, and what had just happened. Her entire body wanted him, her body ached with the need to feel that pleasure again.

Shivers ran throughout her as he placed his fingers on her breast. His other hand pulled her up from the ground and pressed her against the wall. Malfoy was groaning with pleasure and anticipation, and she did not even try to fight anymore. She let him lead her back to the couch, and she gave in completely to him as he did that one thing that he was so very good at.


“My scar hurt yesterday,” Harry told them as they sat in the common room. Hermione had told them a while ago that Ron was alive, the news had been a relief. For once in 24 hours, Harry looked at Hermione and Ginny’s tear-free faces. Both were wearing weak smiles, and both had finally been able to get some rest.

“We know, I remember,” Ginny said. “We were in the Great Hall, Hermione and I didn’t see anything or anyone that looked suspicious. What do you think happened? Is Voldemort on the move again?”

Ginny had just recently been able to say his name. Slowly but surely, Harry’s friends were gaining in power and they were realizing that fear would not help them in the event of a battle. Not saying his name, was a sign of fear- a sign that they were all working hard to get rid of.

“I don’t know,” Harry said, stroking his forehead. It didn’t hurt, but it still tingled. “I was watching Luna one moment, and then everything went dark with the pain. The next think I saw was Professor Drowry come in and, well…”

“What Harry?” Hermione asked.

“When she looked at me, the pain got worse.”

They were all silent for several moments. Seamus looked uncomfortable. While he was a good friend of Harry’s, he had never really been involved in any of their adventures and he wasn’t used to hearing Harry talk about his scar. In fact, he still cringed whenever anyone used you-know-who’s name. Ginny being his girlfriend changed things though.

“Do you think she’s connected with Voldemort in some way?” Hermione asked.

“I don’t know,” Harry said. “It would make sense, I guess. Especially with everything she’s been teaching us this year, about the Dark Arts. Remember when Barty Crouch Jr. impersonated Moody and taught, he taught a lot about the Unforgivable Curses. Maybe she’s a Death Eater.”

“I don’t know guys,” Seamus said. “She seems okay to me. If she was working for you-know-who, wouldn’t she have tried to kill Harry already?”

“He may have a point Harry,” Ginny said. “Hermione told me about what Professor Drowry told you both- about Marietta and Luna asking about the Dark Arts and stuff. It seems to me like she’s trying to help you.”

“She did give me those Occlumency lessons,” Harry said. “I finally got it too; I’m pretty good at it. It doesn’t make sense that she would do those things if she was secretly trying to help Voldemort kill me.”

“Unless she was just trying to protect herself,” Hermione countered. “She could have told you those things about Marietta and Luna to make you suspicious of them and not her, and she could have given you Occlumency lessons to make you trust her.”

“Maybe I should ask Lupin what he thinks,” Harry said. “He seems to know her pretty well; it was him who recommended her to Dumbledore to give me Occlumency lessons.”

Everyone was silent for several moments while they considered the facts and thought about whether or not it was possible another Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher had gone bad.

“It certainly would explain why Professor Drowry was so eager for the job,” Seamus said. “For the last couple of years Dumbledore has had trouble finding teachers for Defense Against the Dark Arts because every year something happens to them.”

Ginny nodded her head and looked at Harry and Hermione. They both looked very worried, which was understandable. Throughout the years, Harry had been through some very hard things and the thought of being once again in impending danger probably was not a very warm thought. And Hermione, she was his girlfriend now. No wonder she was so worried.

“Wait!” Hermione said. She sat up on the couch and looked at Harry. “Didn’t you say that Luna was looking at you when your scar hurt?”

“Yeah,” Harry said.

“Professor Drowry told us that she had been asking about the Dark Arts, and then when she’s looking at you your scar starts to hurt! That’s a little bit suspicious if you ask me.”

“Remember what Professor Drowry was doing there,” Ginny spoke up. “She pulled Marietta out of the Great Hall! What if she was trying to help you!”

“Oh my God!” Hermione said suddenly. Everyone looked at her.

“What! What? What is it?”

“I just realized something, when Ron fell! I didn’t realize it before, I don’t know why but it just didn’t seem important.”

“What?” they all shouted at her. Hermione looked at each and every one of them, her eyes were wide with fear and realization.

“When Ron fell, Marietta had her wand pointed right at him.”


Drowry cringed as she was projected into Marietta’s mind. It felt as if her entire body were squeezing her mind and soul out. Her face and eyes were pounded upon by a heavy wind. Her heart beat fast with fear, a fear she had never been able to overcome, a fear that never again would she stand on level ground. No matter how many times Drowry performed the Legilimens! Curse, she could never get used to it.

Just as suddenly as it had started, everything stopped. Drowry stood on level ground and opened her eyes. The wind was gone, everything was gone. Drowry looked around, everything she saw was white.

She’s not trying to block me from her thoughts, Drowry thought. She knows how, why doesn’t she try to fight me?

Drowry looked around, by thinking of certain key words Marietta’s memories would come bounding towards her. This was the way the Legilimens! Curse worked for her. It opened the mind up like an encyclopedia.

The Dark Lord, Drowry thought, hoping to get information concerning why Marietta was working for him. Drowry had her suspicions, but sometimes she could not believe them herself. Could Marietta be the long awaited heir to Voldemort?

At Drowry’s thought, several memories came rushing towards her. They appeared like the “movies” muggles would watch- moving pictures inside of a square shaped box. As the memories came flying towards Drowry she quickly examined each one, looking for a hint of what Voldemort was up to.

None of Marietta’s memories, however, contained any clue as to what was going on. In fact, Drowry realized that if Marietta was indeed working for Voldemort there would be many more memories concerning him. The six memories in front of her consisted of things Marietta had read in the paper or heard from others, nothing about Voldemort personally.

Harry Potter, she thought. This time, many more memories came towards Drowry. She scanned brief encounters with the Golden Trio, several memories of the DA meetings she had attended last year, but nothing that would hint at Voldemort’s plan to kill the boy. And none of the memories hinted at what had happened to Ron Weasley.

Ronald Weasley, Drowry tried next. She hoped that naming the boy directly would bring up memories of Marietta’s specific action against him- namely, his murder.

But none of the memories that came towards Drowry showed the scene that Drowry had been hoping to find- a scene of the red haired boy falling down the staircase because of Marietta’s curse. Once again, all Drowry saw were memories of past DA meetings.

Just as Drowry was thinking this, something caught her eye. She glanced towards a memory. The memory was very fuzzy, and it was flashing. It looked exactly like a muggle “movie” would look like if the reception was bad. Drowry walked up to the memory to examine it further.

The memory was erratic, almost as if it had been damaged in some way. Drowry was unable to decipher what was going on in the memory, and she had no idea why a memory would behave this way.

Drowry stepped into the memory to examine it further. Through the fuzziness and flashing, she was able to discern two shapes in the distance. Two people, sitting on a bench. They seemed to be kissing. The memory grew to fuzzy to remember anything, then flashed. Drowry was now able to barely make out the three shapes of the Golden Trio, and soon after the shape of Penelope Clearwater.

The memory disappeared from around Drowry. Ronald Weasley, Ronald Weasley! She thought, trying to bring it back. Nothing. The Golden Trio, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger! Memories flew by Drowry, but none of them were the same memory Drowry had just been in. It was as if the memory had just disappeared.

Suddenly, a similar memory flew towards Drowry. Her last thoughts having been about Harry and Hermione, Drowry was once again presented with a very fuzzy and flashing memory. When she stepped into it, Drowry realized she was in a dark hallway, a hallway in Hogwarts. She could barely make out both Harry and Hermione; they both seemed to be very upset with Marietta.

Drowry began to realize something from the memory, she could feel the knowledge of the memory creeping into her brain. But just as she was about to understand what was going on, the memory disappeared just as the one before had.

Drowry began searching for these fuzzy memories, trying to figure out what was going on. But all of a sudden, the squeezing feeling came back to her. She was being pushed from Marietta’s mind, the wind and fear once again returned as Drowry was shoved back into her body. Then everything stopped and Drowry was once again back in her own body.

Marietta was sitting in front of her panting heavily, a confused look on her face.

“You don’t remember those memories I was examining do you?” she asked the girl. Marietta shook her head no.

“What’s going on?”

Drowry looked into the shadowed corner where Lupin stood.

“I’m not entirely sure,” she answered him.


They all stared at Hermione with their mouths open.

“Are you telling me that bitch Marietta tried to kill my brother?” Ginny shouted. Her face was redder than anybody had ever seen it before and she had a violent look in her eye.

Hermione looked at Harry. His brows were closely knitted together as he tried to figure everything out.

“Okay,” he said. “Let’s take this one step at a time. Let’s consider all the evidence we have and figure out who Voldemort’s servant is.” Everyone nodded their heads. “Luna Lovegood has ‘supposedly’ been asking Professor Drowry about the Dark Arts, and she was staring right at me when my scar started to hurt yesterday afternoon. We also know that she has witnessed people die, because she could see the Thestral’s last year in Hagrid’s class. Right?”

Everyone nodded affirmatively to Harry.

“Next is Professor Drowry. We know that she accepted the Defense Against the Dark Arts job extremely quickly, which is suspicious concerning the jobs history. We know that my scar hurt just moments before she walked into the Great Hall yesterday, and that it hurt even more when she looked directly at me. On the other hand, she did teach me Occlumency and she warned Hermione and I about Luna and Marietta. Both of which, however, could have been a ruse to gain my trust. Correct?” he asked again looking at everyone.

“She wasn’t around when Ron fell down the stairs,” Ginny said. “At least not that I saw.” “Yeah,” Seamus said, “but Ron might have fallen accidentally. There’s always the chance that it was an accident. Also, Professor Drowry would have no reason to kill Ron, not if she was after Harry.”

“Unless she just wants to weaken Harry and torture him,” Hermione said.

“But still,” Seamus retorted, “does anybody remember seeing her around when Ron fell?”

No one remembered seeing her.

“That doesn’t mean much,” Hermione said. “It’s till possible Ron fell accidentally and that Professor Drowry is a servant to Voldemort.”

Everyone nodded their heads.

“Then there’s Marietta Edgecombe,” Harry said, getting back on topic. “Like Luna she has ‘supposedly’ been asking about the Dark Arts, and she was seen with her wand pointed at Ron when he fell. Is that it?”

“No,” Hermione said. “We saw her the day before Ron attacked me, remember? She ran into the school and bumped into Ron, then she started to argue with them. Then the night Padma’s body was found we found her wandering around the school alone. She was really upset with me.”

“Wait,” Ginny said. “You said the night they found Padma’s body she was wandering around the school alone?”

“Yeah,” Hermione answered. “Why?”

“The day after that, I was talking with Parvati,” Ginny said, “and she didn’t believe what Dumbledore said about Padma killing herself. She said that Padma would never do such a thing. She also said that Padma had been telling that someone in Ravenclaw had been acting really weird and following you guys around. She never told her who, but Parvati thought that Padma had been murdered! She said it was a twin thing, that she knew in the depths of her soul that Padma didn’t kill herself.”

“You’re saying that Marietta killed Padma too?” Seamus asked.

“It makes sense,” Hermione said. “Muggles believe that twins have special connections that let them know how the other is. Parvati very well could know that Padma had been murdered, surely she would know whether Padma had been suicidal or not. And, if Padma was suspecting Marietta of following us or working for Voldemort and she confronted Marietta…” Hermione didn’t finish her sentence but looked down at the floor.

“Then it would give Marietta a reason to kill Padma,” Harry finished. “Marietta had to keep her secret safe, so she killed her. That would explain why she was alone in the hallway. It would also give her reason to attack Ron. If Marietta knew that Padma and Ron were going out, which is possible since her and Padma are both Ravenclaws, than Marietta might have thought Padma told Ron. If she thought Ron knew about what she was doing, it would give her reason to attack Ron.”

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement. It was looking very much like Marietta was working for Voldemort.

“But how could she have done it?” Seamus asked. “Didn’t Dumbledore say that Padma hung herself? You can’t tell me Marietta forced her to hang herself.”

“She could have.” Everyone looked strangely at Hermione.

“How could she have done that Hermione,” Ginny asked.

“Ginny,” Hermione said reluctantly, “I haven’t told you this, but two days ago Ron attacked me.”

“What!?” Ginny screamed.

“He tried to rape me.”

“No!” Ginny said. “Ron would never do that! Not to anyone, especially you Hermione. He loves you; you’re like a sister to him. He would never hurt you for any reason, he would never hurt anyone.”

“I know Ginny!” Hermione said. “I’ve been trying to figure it out, and it hasn’t made any sense until now! Ron didn’t attack me!”

“How can you say that for sure Hermione,” Harry asked. He wanted to know Ron hadn’t done it, but he knew what he had seen. He knew it was Ron who had stunned him and attacked Hermione.

“It’s just like I told you,” Hermione said looking at Harry. “Remember, I told you that it didn’t look like Ron. When he attacked me it looked as if something or someone was hiding behind his eyes. His eyes changed and glazed over! And when you finally came into the room Harry, he didn’t know what had happened! He saw you mad, and he saw me! He had no idea what happened, he didn’t remember anything!”

“What are you saying Hermione?” Ginny asked.

“And what does it have to do with Padma being forced to hang herself?” Seamus asked.

“Don’t you see?” Hermione shouted. “Marietta was asking about the Dark Arts! The Twiggy was killed by the Avada Kedavra! Curse! Ron was forced to attack me! Padma was forced to hang herself!”

“She knows the Unforgivables!” Harry shouted. “She used the Imperius! Charm to make Ron attack you and to make Padma kill herself! She is working for Voldemort!”

“We’ll have to talk to Parvati about it tomorrow at Padma’s funeral,” Hermoine said.


“You need to get out.”

“Why?” Draco asked as his lips traveled softly up her back. “You’ve said that three times already. I haven’t left have I? You haven’t done anything to stop me or make me go either,” he said as he bit her shoulder.

She closed her eyes and ignored the lust she felt. Enough was enough! He had to go.

“Now Draco!” she said. “Don’t make me throw you out.”

Malfoy continued to kiss and bite her down her back and onto her chest and stomach. She wanted to groan. She wanted to move and make it easier for him. She wanted to give in again experience that feeling. But she didn’t.

As Malfoy moved down her body she stood up and walked over to her clothes. She began to dress as looked at her questionably.

“What are you doing?” he asked her.

“Getting dressed,” she answered. “If you were smart you’d do the same. I wouldn’t want everyone to have to see your ugly butt when I throw you out of here.”

“No one says no to me!” Draco said. “No one! If I want you I’ll have you.” Draco walked towards her and tried to grab her, but she had her wand on him before he got that far.

“Now!” she said.

Malfoy dressed quickly. Her wand pointed at him the whole time. He walked towards the door and looked back at her, anger in his eyes.

“Just so you know,” he said, “you were good. I’ll want you again.”

“We’ll see about that,” she answered him. He walked out the door and all she could think was: There goes the fuck of the century!

But she couldn’t think about it for very long, she had to get ready to meet her master. There wasn’t much time.


The Dark Lord was laughing. His servants cowered in fear. Recently, with the help from his daughter and Drowry he had become even more terrible than they had ever thought possible. He was glowing with a power none of them though anyone could possess, and he got stronger with every passing moment.

One more day, he thought. Just one more day.