Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Everything Feels Right by IzzylovesSnape

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Harry noticed that her big brown eyes were sparkling. Her eyes were so inviting that he could melt into them. With her long red hair framing her face and her lips curled in a smile, Harry knew what he’d said was true. She was absolutely beautiful to behold. Under the dimmed light at the Entrance Hall, Harry could see that Ginny’s smiling lips trembled slightly. He smiled at her with all the feelings he could muster and took a step closer. He ran his fingers along Ginny’s cheek and wave of excitement rushed through his body. He felt butterflies forming in his stomach and for a split second, he thought he’d done the wrong thing and hesitated from going any further. Ron was going to kill him. He paused and leaned forward and tilted his head slightly. She was so close now, so close that Harry felt dizzy from the sweet fragrance of her hair. He saw Ginny had closed her eyes and then their lips touched. The kiss took the breath from the back of his throat, to his heart and down to his toes. Forget Ron – I like his sister too much.. Everything felt so right. When they finally parted, Harry knew not even winning the Quidditch Cup could top the kiss they shared.
*

Monologue


HERMIONE GRANGER

Ron’s perfect! Even though he’s a bit lazy and insensitive, he’s still perfect! He’s mine – all mine. He looks so cute with his ruffled hair and I love it when he plays chess coz he has this serious look on his face. Ron makes me happy!

And as for Harry, I’m thrilled everything turned out great. I couldn’t be happier for him. I guess we’re all one happy group of people….

RON WEASLEY

I’m still slapping myself just to make sure I’m not in a dream or something. Hermione’s perfect! Though she’s bossy sometimes and keeps nagging me to do my homework, she’s still perfect! Actually I kinda like it when she bossed me around. And did I mention that she’s really pretty when she gets mad? Hermione makes me happy!

As for Harry….I’m still debating. I guess it’s great that Ginny’s not with that git, Roger…I dunno…. Maybe it’s going to be fun. ‘Mione and me, Harry and Ginny – hey it rhymes…!

HARRY POTTER

Ginny, Ginny, Gin… What an excellent day! We won the match and I got Ginny!! I’m still feeling a little bit dizzy. I’m such an idiot to think that she was actually dating Roger…I mean, he’s OK and everything…but I guess Ginny likes me better! I can’t wait to see her and ki….. cuddle her. I hope she’ll appear in my dream.

As for Ron’s approval…I dunno. He didn’t seem mad, but who knows? He’d probably hex me when I’m sleeping. But I don’t think he’d do that. I’m his best friend – I’ll take of his sister, he knows I will…..

GINNY WEASLEY

Harry, Harry, Harry….What a worth of waiting! I’ll be dreaming of him tonight….He made me feel dizzy….I wanna cuddle him….!

As for Ron…. I don’t care. I just hope he doesn’t hex Harry in his sleep or something. I mean, he can’t be that selfish – he’s got Hermione…let me have Harry…


*************************************************************



‘I’ll see you at lunch, Gin,’ said Harry as he leaned forward and gave Ginny a peck on the cheek.

Ginny nodded and made her way to Care for Magical Creatures. Ron was watching them from the bottom stairs heading to Transfiguration classroom, his right hand clasping Hermione’s hand and his left hand carrying a couple of text books.

‘Don’t stare at them like that, Ron,’ said Hermione as she playfully swat Ron’s arm.

‘I’m not.’

‘Yeah – right.’

‘Let’s go,’ said Harry, jogging towards them.

Harry, Ron and Hermione climbed the stairs and strode along the corridor to Transfiguration. Harry watched Ron hold Hermione’s hand and wished that Ginny was in the same classes as him, so then he could hold her hands always on their way to classes. Harry and Ginny had been together for almost a month and Harry felt happier than he had ever before. He loved every minute he spent with Ginny. He loved it whenever Ginny asked him about his day, he loved it when Ginny asked him to help her with her homework, he loved it when Ginny fussed over the state of his robes, he loved the way Ginny was always concerned about him but mostly, he just loved being with her all the time and when she wasn’t around, he’d missed her terribly. Ron, so far had been a total sport. It was true that he sometimes had his brotherly moments when he’d just appeared out of nowhere so that Ginny wasn’t left alone with Harry, but he had not done anything to make Harry’s life a misery and Harry was grateful for that.

‘Hey, Harry – where are you going? We’re here,’ called Ron, bringing Harry back to present.

‘Huh?’

Harry realized he’d walked past the classroom as he was too absorbed in his thoughts about Ginny. Harry’s face reddened.

‘Where did your mind fly to?’ asked Ron with a sly smile, as Harry paced back to the classroom. Hermione had already entered the room.

‘Ginny,’ replied Harry promptly with a sheepish grin.

‘I know how you feel,’ said Ron, resting his hand on Harry’s shoulder and grasping it gently, ‘remember when Hermione got sick?’

Harry chuckled reminiscently. He remembered the time when Hermione fell sick with cold and had to stay in the hospital wing for a day. She’d missed all her classes that day. Ron was missing her badly and just losing it. He couldn’t concentrate in class or do anything right. He was also very grumpy and sure enough, he’d landed himself a detention after retorting to Snape’s comment during Potions that day.

‘Yeah,’ said Harry as they stepped into the classroom and settled themselves at a table, before taking out the textbook. ‘You were awful.’

*


‘Why do you think Dumbledore is here?’ asked Hermione during lunch as she cut roasted potatoes on her plate. ‘He doesn’t usually eat lunch with the rest of the school.’

Harry was wondering the same thing but he was spared from having to answer Hermione’s question when Professor Dumbledore got to his feet. The rest of the students in the Great Hall fell silent at once.

‘Good afternoon everyone,’ said Professor Dumbledore, ‘as we’re entering the month February, I am happy to inform all of you that Hogwarts will be holding another ball this year, a Valentine’s Ball and it’s open to all students.’

Excited voices started to fill the Great Hall instantly. Few girls at the Ravenclaw table let out shrill giggles. Harry exchanged quick glances at Ginny.

‘Just like the ball we had two years ago,’ Professor Dumbledore continued, his voice was louder, trying to compete with the buzz of chatter filling the Great Hall, ‘dress robes will be worn. The ball will start at eight o’clock on Valentine’s Day in the Great Hall. So, for those who wish to attend the ball may put their names down to be handed in to your Head of House and for those who don’t want to join the ball may stay alone miserably in your house common room,’ Professor McGonagall looked disapprovingly at Professor Dumbledore.‘– ah that’s all, enjoy your lunch.’

‘That settles it, another ball this year,’ said Hermione, looking expectantly at Ron.

Ron was so indulged in his food that for a moment Harry thought he’d missed Dumbledore’s speech. But then seconds later, Ron looked up at Hermione.

‘Yeah – should be fun,’ he said before frowning at Hermione, ‘you’re surely going with me, right?’

‘Only if you ask nicely,’ said Hermione, smiling slightly.

‘I’ll take that as a yes,’ said Ron, returning to his plate.

‘Hey – you still haven’t asked me,’ protested Hermione in mock anger.

‘I don’t need to – it’s written all over you face,’ replied Ron, grinning broadly causing Harry and Ginny to howl with laughter.

‘Ronald!’ snapped Hermione, embarrassed.

Harry watched as Ron chided Hermione. Though they were together, they still fight non-stop; only now they always patch things up about seconds later. Maybe that was what that made them so compatible. Harry turned his attention towards Ginny and looked at her tentatively.

‘Umm…do I need to ask you nicely?’ he asked in a stage whisper.

Ginny chuckled softly. ‘Nope – coz I’m sure you too can read my face.’

Harry’s grin lengthened. Ginny sure knew how to make his pulse speed up. He immediately felt excited about the ball and he knew it’d be so much better than the Yule Ball mainly because he is going with his girlfriend, Ginny.

*


‘Why is it that Dumbledore wants to hold a ball this year? It’s bad enough that it’s a ball, but a Valentine’s Ball is just worse,’ complained Dean Thomas later that night as he watched Harry and Ron engaged in a game of chess.

‘Think of it as a good way to boost your enthusiasm and morale to get through the rest of this year, Dean,’ said Ron as he moved a chessman forward, inspiring a nod of agreement from Harry.

‘Easy for you to say – you guys don’t have to worry about your date,’ said Dean glumly.

‘Yeah – I feel sorry for you, mate,’ said Harry, grinning.

‘Hopefully you can bear rejections – coz there will be many coming up,’ added Ron, glancing briefly at Dean.

‘Thanks Ron – that helps a lot,’ said Dean, tossing a book at Ron. ‘I’m going to bed.’

Dean got up and made his way to the dormitory. The portrait hole opened and Ginny climbed in followed by Hermione. They walked over to join Harry and Ron.

‘Where have you been?’ asked Ron as Hermione sank into an armchair next to him.

‘Library,’ answered Hermione yawning widely. ‘I’m so tired.’

‘You should go to bed,’ said Ron matter-of-factly.

Hermione didn’t answer. Instead she just dazed off in space, clearly deep in thoughts. Ginny seemed to be doing the same too, as she hadn’t said anything since they entered the common room.

‘Ginny – what’s wrong?’ asked Harry, noticing Ginny’s silence.

‘Nothing,’ answered Ginny with a shrug.

Harry thought he detected a defensive tone creeping up her voice.

‘Are you sure?’

‘Yeah,’ said Ginny with a nod, before getting up to her feet. ‘I’m going to bed.’ And she threw her arms around Harry and squeezed him tight.

‘Goodnight,’ she said, letting go of Harry and departed to the girls’ dormitories.

‘Well – I better go too,’ said Hermione as she watched Ginny climbed the girls’ stairs. ‘See you guys tomorrow.’

‘Wait – where’s my goodnight kiss?’ asked Ron, trying hard to look innocent.

‘You’re not getting any – since you embarrassed me at lunch,’ said Hermione in a superior tone before ascending the stairs to the dormitories.

Harry snickered and Ron tossed a chessman at him.

‘Girls!’ he muttered. ‘We should leave too Harry – no point lingering around without them.’

‘Yeah – let’s.’

*


Harry walked inside the library and put his bag at a table before moving to a row of bookshelves. It was lunch time and Harry was waiting for Ron, Hermione and Ginny to join him. He searched carefully all the books along the shelves before taking out Magical World’s History. He flicked open the book and read through it swiftly. As he flipped through the pages, he watched a group of girls behind the shelf whispering to each other and stifling giggles. Since the ball was announced, Harry kept overhearing girls talk about their dress robes and their dance partners in the Great Hall, in classes, in the library, around the corridors, basically just everywhere. Not to mention all the giggling he and the rest of the males that exist in Hogwarts had to endure. Harry wondered if Ginny does the same with her girlfriends. He figured the girls might have been talking about it too before he heard something that caught his attention immediately.

‘He asked Ginny to the ball last week,’ said a girl with a ponytail in a hushed voice.

‘No way – doesn’t he has a girlfriend?’ asked another girl, her eyes wide with surprise.

‘No – not anymore. They broke up a couple of weeks ago,’ said a blond girl, prompting the ponytail girl to shake her head.

‘But that’s not the point – the point is doesn’t he know Ginny’s dating Harry?’ she said.

‘Maybe he really didn’t know.’

‘Yeah – maybe.’

Harry watched as the girls left the library and sat down at his table. The news that he’d just heard came as a shock as Ginny never mentioned anything about another boy asking her to the ball. He guessed that maybe Ginny had forgotten to tell him that. Harry let out an audible breath and opened the book again. He scanned through page 245 for information on The 1666 Wizard Liberation, picked up his quill and started writing on a piece of parchment. As he scrawled down the facts, he couldn’t help but wonder who the guy that had asked Ginny to the ball was.

‘Sorry we’re late,’ said Ron breathlessly as he pulled out a chair for Hermione and another one for him opposite Harry. ‘McGonagall is really mad about the chaos that erupted in the Great Hall. It wasn’t our fault but she still blames the prefects.’

‘Ron, just forget about it. It’s done,’ said Hermione, rolling her eyes.

‘Hermione, I wanna tell him what happened – let me talk, OK?’ retorted Ron, scowling.

‘Fine!’

Ron opened his mouth once more to continue his story but then Ginny arrived and sat down beside Harry. Harry was very tempted to ask her about the boy but he decided to let Ron finish. But then, he was distracted again as he glimpsed Cho Chang over Ron’s shoulder, crying alone.

‘And then he called him a useless no brainer git, that was when the duel started,’ finished Ron finally, only to receive a silent response from Harry.

‘Are you listening?’ asked Ron, slamming his hands on the table; exasperated. ‘What are you looking at?’

‘There,’ said Harry pointing over Ron’s shoulder at Cho Chang.

Ron turned his head and spotted her dabbing her teary eyes with a tissue.

‘I wonder what’s wrong with her,’ said Hermione quietly, as she too turned to look at Cho Chang.

‘Bet it’s about a boy again,’ remarked Ron, ‘remember last year?’

Ginny glanced briefly at Ron before squinting at Cho.

‘Maybe you’re right, Ron – coz she’s broken up with Michael,’ said Ginny, as she laid her eyes off Cho Chang.

Harry turned to look at her so fast; he knocked his books off the table. Harry ignored this and continued to watch Ginny.

‘How do you know?’ asked Harry suspiciously.

‘Uh…Michael told me,’ replied Ginny hesitantly.

‘You still talk to that git?’ asked Ron incredulously.

‘Ron! Don’t simply call people names,’ chided Hermione, her eyes narrowed dangerously.

‘Can you not jump on everything I said?’ retorted Ron, his forehead creased.

Harry ignored Ron and Hermione as they entered the quarrelling zone. Instead he stared at Ginny and swallowed hard. He was hit with a sudden realization.

‘Ginny – did Michael ask you to the ball?’ he asked tentatively, unsure of what he wanted to hear from Ginny.

Ginny looked surprised. Clearly she wasn’t expecting the question. More like, wasn’t prepared to answer it.

‘How – how did you know?’

Harry’s stomach gave an unpleasant lurch. ‘It doesn’t matter how I know. Why didn’t you tell me?’

‘Coz it wasn’t important,’ answered Ginny defensively, tucking a strand of her flaming red hair behind her ear.

‘An ex-boyfriend asked you to a ball is not important?’ asked Harry incredulously. ‘Well, I think it is.’

‘Harry, it is not a big deal – I turned him down,’ replied Ginny quickly as she noticed Harry’s expression changed.

‘Well, if it isn’t, why didn’t you tell me about it?’ demanded Harry, his voice raised and blood was rushing to his cheek.

Ron and Hermione had stopped bickering to watch Harry and Ginny.

‘Because I don’t need to,’ retorted Ginny. She regretted it as soon as the words came out.

Harry scrutinized her face for another few more seconds before bending down and picking up his books. He stuffed everything inside his bag and walked out of the room. Ginny watched him leave helplessly.

‘You should have not said that, Ginny,’ said Hermione softly, exchanging nervous glances at Ron.

Ginny stared down at the books before her and nodded slightly. ‘Yeah,’ she agreed ruefully.

This was the first time Ron had ever witnessed a fight between Harry and Ginny and he wasn’t sure whether they knew how to make up as he always did with Hermione.


Harry threw his bag onto his bed and stared out of the window. Today hadn’t been a good day. Starting with Potions class with Snape’s usual routine – which was making his life a nightmare, then Draco Malfoy’s sneering – not that he’d ever pay much attention to him and finally the worst closure to an incredibly bad day, his fight with Ginny. Well, it wasn’t their first fight, they had their fights before but those were usually about whether Ron and Hermione would be able to go through a day without bickering or would it be better to transfigure Snape into a vase and smash it to pieces or into a bee and put him in a bottle, but never about another boy. Never until the point that Harry felt so mad that he’d to walk away from the argument. Harry felt angry, but it wasn’t directed at Ginny; it was more to Michael Corner. He realized he was actually feeling jealous. Jealous of Ginny’s ex-boyfriend. Harry was a little disappointed that Ginny didn’t tell him about it.

The door swung open and Harry whirled around to see Ginny standing nervously at the door. She closed the door and walked closer towards him. Harry leaned his back against the window, his hands in his pocket and waited for Ginny to speak.

‘Harry – I’m sorry about earlier. I know I should have told you about Michael, you deserved to know,’ said Ginny apologetically, not daring to look up at Harry.

Harry didn’t say anything. Watching Ginny looking rather miserable made his heart ache. Suddenly he felt like an idiot for acting so childish and getting mad over a small matter.

‘It’s OK, Ginny. I really shouldn’t have turned it into such a big deal,’ said Harry, as he stepped forwards and reached out for Ginny’s hands. ‘I guess I was just…..jealous.’

‘Really? You are?’ asked Ginny, looking up at Harry.

Harry blushed slightly. ‘Yeah.’

Ginny stood on her toes and kissed him on the cheek. ‘That’s really sweet.’

Harry’s slight flush darkened. He smiled at Ginny and pulled her in a tight embrace.

‘So – how was your day?’ asked Ginny quietly, settling into his hug.

‘Bad – but it’s getting better now,’ replied Harry truthfully.

The door swung open again abruptly causing Harry and Ginny to pull apart instantly. Ron walked in, feigning surprise to see Ginny in the room.

‘Is everything alright?’ he asked, glancing at Harry and Ginny.

‘Yeah,’ said Harry, trying hard to stifle a laugh as he watched Ron’s fake expression.

‘Good,’ he said with a sigh, ‘I mean, I was just worried because of what happened in the library,’ he added quickly.

‘It’s fine,’ Harry said, but he knew that wasn’t what Ron was really concerned about. He knew for sure Ron was just checking in to make sure nothing else happened. Harry shook his head swiftly and smiled to himself.

‘We were just coming down, before you came barging in,’ added Ginny irritably, annoyed at the fact that Ron just couldn’t leave her alone.

‘Well alright then – let’s go,’ said Ron happily, turning on his heels and walked out of the room.

Harry exchanged a glance at Ginny and let out a laugh at Ginny’s irritated expression.

‘This is so unfair,’ complained Ginny as she and Harry descended the stairs to the common room. ‘He has no one to spy on him.’

‘Don’t worry – we’ll continue later,’ said Harry with a smile as Ron beckoned them over.

*


It was Saturday and Harry had informed the Gryffindor teams about the practice today a couple of days before. Ron was against it from early on as he pointed out to Harry that they’ve trained enough and that they need Saturday to finish their piles of homework. But Harry insisted on training. Unfortunately, just as soon as they started their practice, heavy rains came splashing down. It was impossible to see what was happening around them, not to mention the strong wind that came along with the rain had consistently swayed the players’ brooms, making it hard to fly around smoothly. After about twenty minutes of agony, Harry decided it would be better to just cancel the practice. Ron wasn’t pleased.

‘I’ve told you this is a bad idea,’ said Ron testily, as he hopped off his brooms, all soaked and irritated.

‘Ron – shut up. I know,’ snapped Harry, signaling to the rest of the players to come down to the ground.

Harry, Ron and Ginny headed back to the castle without another word. They entered the Great Hall and sat at the vacant seats that Hermione had saved for them. Neither Harry’s nor Ron’s mood were improved when Hermione mentioned about their History of Magic’s homework.

‘What’s that?’ asked Ginny quickly, pointing at an envelope that was sticking out from inside Hermione’s Transfiguration book.

‘Huh? Just – just a letter from my parents,’ said Hermione as she hastily poked it out of sight.

‘Another letter from them?’ asked Ron amiably, prompting Hermione to nod swiftly.

‘Why? Is there anything wrong?’ inquired Ginny, concerned.

‘No – they just want to know how I’m doing.’

Ron looked up at Hermione curiously. Was it Harry’s imagination or was Hermione avoiding to make eye contact with Ron?

‘Ron, I’m going to the library now – are you coming?’ asked Hermione finally.

‘Why don’t you go first? I’ll come later – I need to go and change my robes,’ said Ron between mouthfuls.

Hermione shrugged and rose to her feet. Ron watched as she left the Hall.

‘Do you think she’s hiding something from me?’ asked Ron, as he took a sip of pumpkin juice.

‘Ron – of course not,’ snapped Ginny. ‘How could you question her honesty?’

Ron exhaled heavily. ‘Yeah – you’re right.’

Though he’d said it, Harry knew from Ron’s expression, he didn’t quite believe it himself. Harry wondered what triggered the question in the first place. Had something happened between them that could have make Ron paranoia?

All three of them headed to the library after changing into another robes. For some reasons, they have been spending a lot of time together in the library instead of somewhere else, like the Gryffindor common room. Harry figured it might have been due to the fact that Ron and Hermione are together and Hermione’s favourite place is the library and Harry is their best friend, not to mention the amount of homework that have been mounting alarmingly – library just seemed to be the most appropriate place to spend their time. Ginny stopped along a row of shelves while Harry and Ron walked moodily towards the table that Hermione had taken over and set down their books. The towering books in front of her hid her face.

‘Let me read your essay, Hermione,’ said Ron glumly as soon as he took out a parchment to start on his History of Magic’s composition.

‘Ron - ,’ Hermione started uncertainly, ‘I can’t - ,’

‘Fine – I know,’ cut Ron impatiently, ‘I dunno why I even bother to ask.’

Hermione looked hurt by Ron’s remark but didn’t say anything. Harry got up to his feet, feeling the need to leave Ron and Hermione alone for a little while. Ron’s mood wasn’t getting any better and it really wasn’t a good idea to test him. Harry poked his head around the shelves, looking for Ginny. At last, he spotted Ginny between the shelves, only that she wasn’t alone. Michael Corner was talking animatedly with her. Harry felt jealousy creeping up inside him. Why did Michael has to be wherever she is? Ginny took out a book from one of the shelves and excused herself. Harry gathered himself and caught up with her.

‘What was that about?’ demanded Harry as Ginny whirled around to face him.

‘What?’

‘What were you doing with Michael?’ asked Harry, his brows furrowed.

‘Nothing, we were just talking – nothing happened,’ explained Ginny patiently.

‘You were flirting with him,’ Harry said, scowling.

Ginny widened her eyes in disbelief.

‘I was not!’ protested Ginny. ‘He came up to me. What do you want me to do? Tell him to get out of my face? Harry, honestly – I couldn’t care less if I never talked to him again.’

Harry squinted at Ginny as if trying to figure out whether she was telling the truth, but didn’t say anything.

‘Harry – can you at least trust me?’ asked Ginny softly, gazing directly at him.

Harry’s face contorted in resentment. Ginny waited for him to response but when he remained silent, she walked over to join Hermione and Ron in frustration.

Harry followed after a moment and sat opposite her. Ron was struggling to finish his essay with many snorts of impatience and Hermione kept looking up at him nervously. Harry took out his own parchment and quill to start on his homework grumpily while Ginny lazily flipped open her book, looking sad. Tensed silence fell over them.

‘Umm…Ron, let me check your work,’ offered Hermione kindly, in attempt to make peace with Ron after her refusal to let him read her essay.

Ron glanced briefly at her and put down his quill. He looked heartened.

‘Thanks, Hermione,’ said Ron as he passed her his essay.

Hermione smiled happily and set her book aside. As she reached out for Ron’s essay, her elbow knocked her books down to the floor. Ron stooped down and picked them up. As he arranged them in a neat stack, an envelope fell off from inside one of the books. Before he knew what he was doing, he’d turned the envelope around.

‘Ron – give me those,’ said Hermione anxiously as she grabbed her books from Ron. But it was too late. Ron had seen it. From, Viktor Krum.

‘Have you been writing to Viktor?’ asked Ron, suddenly severe.

‘Ron, I – ’

‘Didn’t I tell you to stop writing to him?’ snapped Ron, his eyebrows knitted together angrily.

‘Ron – he was just -’

‘Don’t tell me he was just a pen pal,’ barked Ron, shaking his head. ‘How many times have I told you he doesn’t want to be just your pen pal?’

People from nearby tables were starting to stare at them. Harry exchanged an anxious glance at Ginny.

‘Ron, it doesn’t matter – he knows you’re my boyfriend,’ Hermione finally managed to deliver.

‘Well yeah? Did he know that I don’t like him writing to you?’ asked Ron, positively red with fury. ‘Bet you didn’t tell him that.’

Hermione’s jaw hung open, she could barely speak.

‘Ron, please -’

‘Here you go, writing to Vicky and receiving letters from that brainless git and said that they were from your parents,’ said Ron scathingly.

‘Ron! He’s my friend and I can do whatever I want to do and you have no right to tell me no,’ retorted Hermione.

‘All this while you’ve been lying to me!’ spat Ron, ignoring Hermione’s remark. ‘Why?’

‘Because I know you won’t understand,’ said Hermione desperately.

Hermione had said the wrong thing. Ron jumped to his feet, his cheeks burned.

‘Of course I won’t understand,’ said Ron sarcastically. ‘Bet Vicky would!’

Ron stormed out of the library, pushing people out of the way. Hermione followed him, leaving her stuffs behind, tears pooling in her eyes. Harry looked at Ginny anxiously, both of them clearly in the state of shock. Harry had never seen Ron so angry about Viktor before nor did that had he ever seen they quarreled over him – not after Ron and Hermione got together. Harry quietly got up and packed Ron’s stuffs while Ginny did the same with Hermione’s.

As he packed Ron’s things, Harry let himself think. Ginny and him had been arguing over Michael due to the fact that he kept interfering, popping out of nowhere trying to get closer to Ginny or more to what Harry believed – trying to get back together with Ginny and Harry just felt terrible. And now, Ron was fighting with Hermione over a boy too which was Viktor Krum – the guy Ron had constantly trying to compete with for Hermione’s affection.

Harry looked up at Ginny but he noticed that she was avoiding his gaze. Harry figured she might still be mad at him which reminded him that he too, wasn’t feeling any better about the whole Michael situation. Ginny glanced at him briefly, looking disgruntled before exiting the library along with Hermione’s stuffs. Harry sighed heavily.


‘Ron!’ Hermione called as she climbed in the portrait hole. ‘Please listen to me.’

Ron stopped abruptly and turned to face her. His expression was venomous.

‘Hermione – I just want to be alone, OK?’ said Ron.

‘No – you must listen to me first,’ insisted Hermione, fighting back tears.

‘I don’t want to hear anything – especially about that git!’ yelled Ron, ‘Why do you even care explaining, anyway? I know everything.’

‘Ron – please,’ pleaded Hermione, ‘there’s nothing to be upset about.’

‘Nothing?’ repeated Ron incredulously, ‘I think the fact that my girlfriend likes someone else is a good enough reason to be upset.’

‘I don’t -’

‘Why don’t you go back to writing love letters to your Vicky? Since you like him so much!’

And with that, Ron stormed up the stairs, leaving Hermione stunned. Tears that she had been trying to hold dropped finally.


‘Muggles! That’s it,’ said The Fat Lady when Harry gave her the password and she swung forwards.

Entering the empty common room, Harry looked around and he saw Hermione sitting in a corner, her face in her knees, sobbing. Harry wasn’t sure what to do, and then decided to comfort her. He walked towards Hermione and knelt down besides her.

‘Hermione,’ he said quietly, putting his hand on her shoulder.

Hermione looked up and Harry saw her eyes all red and puffy, tears splashing down her front. She hugged Harry tightly and continued to sob uncontrollably.

‘Harry, I – I didn’t mean to upset him,’ said Hermione in choked voice, her words barely distinguishable, ‘I feel so -’ she hiccoughed, ‘– so bad – ’ her sobs were now louder, ‘ – and now – he’s really mad – I never see him like that – and I’m really – scared.’

Harry felt thoroughly miserable for Hermione but he didn’t know what to say. He patted her back and held her until she’d stopped crying. By then, Ginny entered the common room, walked over towards Harry and Hermione. Ginny sat at Hermione’s other side and talk to her in low, soothing voice. Harry felt grateful that Ginny was there, as she would know better how to comfort Hermione.

*


Harry’s hope of having an excellent night at the ball seemed to die before the ball even started. Ron and Hermione weren’t talking to each other – Harry himself wasn’t sure whether they were still together, but Ginny strongly believe they were, only they needed time to get over the fight. His relationship with Ginny wasn’t improving either – though neither of them had brought up the topic of their last argument, Harry couldn’t help but noticed how guarded and careful Ginny had became whenever she was near him. Not that she was the only one – Harry too was experiencing the same thing. Michael Corner seemed to appear everywhere Ginny went. Harry kept seeing him talking to Ginny. He tried to believe that Michael was the one who came up to her – as Ginny had said that herself and also the fact that it was always Ginny who shook him off first but Harry just couldn’t help the feeling of insecurities and jealousy that crept inside him and that made him wonder was it only a matter of time that Ginny would shake him off too.

*


‘Are you nervous, Ron?’ asked Dean when they were in their dormitory, getting ready for the ball.

Ron didn’t answer. Harry knew Ron wasn’t looking forward for the ball after his fight with Hermione and he definitely didn’t feel nervous as only Hermione could make him feel that way. Ron was examining himself in the mirror. He was wearing a new dress robes that Fred and George had bought him last year. Harry, on the other hand put on the same dress robes he had during the Yule Ball, wondering how on earth it still fit him. He looked in the mirror, put his hand on his head, trying to flatten his hair but failed, as usual.

‘C’mon, let’s go,’ said Seamus, looking very dashing in his robes.

They walked downstairs and saw other people in their dress robes chatting away and looking very excited. Harry and Seamus waited by the fireplace for their partners. Ron slipped out from the common room without another word. Neville and Dean excused themselves to meet their dates from different houses. Their heads turned towards the girls’ dormitories when they heard the sound of giggling. Hermione walked down the staircase, followed by Ginny, smiling and blushing. Hermione was wearing robes of pale green with little frills. Her hair was once again sleek and shiny. Hermione waved at Harry briefly and scanned around the room. A look of pain worked its way to her feature as she realized Ron wasn’t there.

Harry turned to look at Ginny. She looked beautiful in her pink frilly robes. Ginny had twisted her hair up and pulled loose strands around her face.

‘You look beautiful,’ blurted Harry before he could even stop himself.

‘Thank you, you look good too,’ said Ginny, ‘Shall we go now?’


*

The Great Hall was already packed with students in their different coloured robes, chatting away excitedly. The Great Hall looked magnificent. The floor was covered with rose petals. The ceiling was enchanted to look like a beautiful starry night. Hundreds small round tables that seated about six people replaced the house tables. Harry and Ginny settled themselves at a table next to one that seated all Hufflepuffs. They were then joined by Hermione who looked like she’d rather stay alone in the common room and not long after that Ron came over and sat next to Harry. The atmosphere around the table was awkward. Harry struck up a conversation with Ron about Quidditch and Ginny talked to Hermione about house elves. The small talk went on longer than neither Harry nor Ginny could stand but luckily Professor Dumbledore entered the Great Hall and the ball started. He gave a little speech, welcoming everybody to the ball and asked everyone to enjoy the feast before the dance begins.

Professor Dumbledore once again had hired The Weird Sisters. Once all food had been consumed, they trooped up onto the stage, picked up their instruments. After a short greeting to everyone, they struck up a slow song. Very soon, a lot of people had come onto the dance floor. Harry invited Ginny to the dance floor, hoping that Ron would do the same with Hermione.

Harry placed one hand around Ginny’s waist and held the other in his. He caught Ginny’s eye and they both grinned nervously. As they swayed around to the song, Harry knew both Ginny and he had let their guard down just a little but it was enough. Harry was consumed with tenderness towards Ginny and all the memories of the past weeks came swirling inside his head. It seemed so long since the last time he’d ever felt so comfortable with Ginny and this gave him hope. Harry looked around. Seamus and Lavender were waltzing nearby – Seamus waved at him and Hermione was dancing with Justin Finch-Fletchey only reluctantly. Harry stretched his neck slightly and spotted Ron at the food table, glancing up several times at Hermione and Justin. Harry danced for another few songs, occasionally switching dance partner with Seamus, Dean and Neville, until he couldn’t feel his feet anymore.

Harry led Ginny away from the dance floor back to the table. Her face was glowing with excitement and Harry was heartened that everything was turning out great. Harry turned his attention towards the dance floor and then the food table – both Hermione and Ron had gone missing.

‘Harry, I hope Ron and Hermione will work things out. This ball is a great opportunity to do so,’ said Ginny.

Harry nodded. What Ginny said was true, as the ball had practically made his relationship with Ginny better. Harry inwardly said his thank you to Dumbledore for the Valentine’s Ball.

‘Yeah,’ said Harry, before leaning forward and squinted at her. ‘You looked great tonight – I’m so glad you’re my date.’

Ginny’s heart jumped as she locked eyes with Harry.

‘That’s so sweet – you’re looking very handsome too,’ said Ginny, her lips curling in a smile as she kissed Harry on the cheek.

Harry’s face turned red. It was amazing how Ginny could successfully make him blush every time. This was going beyond his expectation. The fast song that was playing on the background somehow sounded soft and harmony. The vision of everyone around them was just a blur. It was like everyone else just disappeared. Silence fell over them but Harry didn’t feel the need to converse, as the silence was cozying not awkward. Harry studied Ginny’s profile. Her big brown eyes were so warm, the candles on the table lit up her long red hair and her lips were just made to smile. Ginny tilted her head and scrutinized his face. Harry hoped his expression didn’t reveal the swooning sensation he felt.

‘Well – let me go get some drinks,’ said Harry quickly, trying to prevent heat from rising up his face again.

Ginny nodded and Harry got up to his feet. He walked towards the food table slowly, observing his surroundings. As he filled two glasses with Butterbeers, he glimpsed Ron slipping out from the Hall followed closely by Hermione. Harry made his way back to his table happily only to find Michael Corner taking a seat next to a rather reluctant – looking, Ginny. Harry stopped abruptly in his track and the joy instantly disappeared from his face. Harry squinted at them fervently before straightening up and strolling quickly to the table.

‘Hey there, Potter,’ greeted Michael amiably, rising to his feet and extending his arms towards Harry.

Harry put down the glasses and shook Michael’s hand briefly, resisting the temptation to crush his hand. Ginny looked up at Harry nervously.

‘I was just wondering if I could have a dance with Ginny,’ added Michael as their hands parted, glancing at Ginny and then at Harry.

As much as he wanted to say no and took Ginny away from Michael – miles away, he couldn’t bring himself to say so. It would only make him look less a gentleman.

‘Yes,’ that was what he said instead. Harry had a bad feeling that he’d regret it later.

Harry watched as Michael led Ginny to the dance floor. He slunk back into the chair and sipped his Butterbeer. Harry took his eyes off them after a moment, deciding it was better that he didn’t witness Ginny melted against Michael’s chest as that would probably make him punch Michael.

*


Ron strolled across the ground slowly, not bothering to make sure whether Hermione was still following him or not. He stopped by the lake, staring down at it, completely aware that Hermione now was right behind him. The atmosphere outside was oddly silent unlike the noise that was booming inside the castle. Ron could almost hear Hermione’s breathing. Ron sighed heavily before he whirled around to face Hermione.

‘What do you think of me?’ asked Ron suddenly in a low voice, a serious expression on his face.

‘What do you mean?’ asked Hermione, puzzled.

‘What do you think of me?’ repeated Ron, ‘what kind of person am I?’

Hermione swallowed hard.

‘Ron –,’ Hermione started hoarsely, ‘you’re a great guy. You’re brave, funny – you’re kind and caring. I see the way you always so protective of Ginny and that appeal to me.’

‘Then, why do we always fight?’ demanded Ron desperately. ‘Why can’t we be like normal couples? Why there’ll always be a constant bickering between us?’

Hermione sighed. She stared down at her feet and awkward silence fell over them once again.

‘Hermione, I’m not wealthy - everything I own is rubbish, I’m not good-looking – I’m a prefect only because Harry had too many things to go through, I depended on you to pass the tests and – I always make u mad,’ said Ron in choked voice, staring at the ground.

‘Ron -,’Hermione began.

‘No – listen to me first,’ urged Ron, holding his hand up before Hermione’s face.

‘Hermione, you’re the only girl who knows me for who I am. You recognized my strengths and my weaknesses. You helped me out in time when I need it the most,’ Ron paused, ‘I –I don’t have anything to offer, I’m aware of that – but you made me believe in my talents and myself. And I believed – despite the constant bickering, you’ll always have my back – I know I will.’ Ron exhaled and continued with pained look on his face, ‘I don’t want to have to compete with Viktor coz I know I’ll lose.’

Hermione looked up, biting her lower lips, trying to force back tears.

Ron stared at her for a long moment. Finally, in a voice barely above a whisper, he said,

‘I care about you too much, it kills me.’

Hermione moved closer to Ron and rested her hand on Ron’s cheeks. Ron looked up. Hermione, now standing on tip-toe, tears had dropped from her eyes, tilted her head and kissed Ron on the lips.

‘I love you, Ron,’ Hermione said to him through red eyes, her lips trembling as Ron wrapped his arms around her.

Instantly, Hermione felt Ron’s grip tightened and she rested her head against his chest. She’d said it and she didn’t regret it.

The words that flowed finally from Ron’s mouth were beautiful, almost magical to her ears.

‘I love you too, Hermione.’

*


‘Thank you for the dance,’ said Michael as he leaned forward to give Ginny a peck but at the same time Ginny turned her head and her lips ended up pressing against his lips. From the corner of her eyes, exactly at the same moment, Ginny saw Harry jumped to his feet and stormed out of the Hall.

‘I can’t believe this, ’ muttered Harry angrily to himself as he stormed up the stairs.

‘Harry – wait!’ Ginny called as she ran along the corridor. Her hair had came down from the bun she’d spent hours perfecting – but she couldn’t be bothered about it now. She climbed in the common room and saw Harry standing stiffly before her.

‘Why don’t you go back making out with Michael?’ said Harry angrily.

‘What?’ replied Ginny incredulously.

‘Don’t deny it – I know what I saw,’ said Harry.

‘No – you don’t. I wasn’t kissing him -,’

‘Oh yeah – of course. Michael was the one who kissed you, and you can’t do anything coz it would be rude to tell him to get out of your face,’ cut Harry sarcastically.

Ginny froze in a state of disbelief.

‘I can’t believe you’re saying this. You didn’t even know what actually happened.’

‘Well I can and I know. I dunno why you even bother to come to the ball with me anyway, if you prefer swaying and making out with Michael,’ replied Harry, staring at her. There was anguish behind his stare.

‘You were the one who let him dance with me in the first place,’ Ginny shot back, ‘I don’t want to – can’t you see?’

‘You’re not doing a good job showing me that.’

‘I know for the past weeks, you’ve been questioning my honesty,’ shouted Ginny, ‘you doubted every word I said. Why do you keep accusing me?’

‘I love you Ginny – that’s why -’

‘No you don’t!’ cut Ginny, feeling the stinging sensation starting in her eyes. ‘You don’t love me enough to trust me.’

‘Don’t act like you know me when you don’t, Ginny,’ retorted Harry, hostility was in his voice.

‘Of course I do – you’re the miserable Boy Who Lived. You’re the great Hogwart’s Seeker – you’re extremely talented in Quidditch and breaking the school rules. You’re not the one who takes orders from other people and you’re stubborn. Besides – you’re kind, strong-willed and courageous,’ Ginny paused for a moment, a scowl pressed on her feature before continuing, ‘You’re Harry Potter – anything but ordinary. Try and prove me wrong.’

Ginny’s remark had offended Harry that he couldn’t help but retort.

‘Is that why you’re with me in the first place? Because I’m anything but ordinary?’ demanded Harry.

Ginny furrowed her brows, her lips parted.

‘Y’know what – I think it’s true. Coz you’ve liked me since before I even know you – before I even say a word to you,’ spat Harry, ‘you like me only because I’m the famous Harry Potter.’

Harry’s words stung Ginny like a scorpion. Tears that had been clinging on Ginny’s lashes finally dropped. Her forehead creased and she swallowed hard.

‘I can’t believe I’m hearing this. After all these years – I thought you’d know me,’ she said in a hoarse whisper, ‘I guess I’m wrong.’

Ginny scrutinized Harry’s face momentarily.

‘We’re through, Harry.’ As she delivered her last words, tears began to flow freely. She turned on her heels and ran to the girls’ dormitory.

Harry was stunned. His heart was numb. He wanted to call her out, but he couldn’t do it. That was it. That was how it ended.

*


Hermione walked down to the packed common room to find Ron at a table by the fire finishing his homework. The sight of him flipping his book lazily and grumpily caused her to laugh, as Ron was never thrilled to be stuck in the common room, having to finish his homework. Her mind raced back to the Valentine’s Ball last night and she felt heat creeping up her face. What started as a bad day ended perfectly. They’ve worked things out and everything was going smoothly now. Only not exactly everything.

‘Ron – I need to tell you something,’ said Hermione as she sat opposite Ron, who was measuring the length of his essay.

‘What is it?’ asked Ron, grateful for the distraction from his homework.

‘Umm….Ginny has broken up with Harry,’ said Hermione quickly, hoping that if the words traveled faster, it wouldn’t cause much impact.

‘What?!’

She obviously was wrong, as Ron’s reaction was worse than she’d expected.

‘Ron – please. Don’t do anything – please do not interfere,’ pleaded Hermione immediately as Ron’s expression changed.

‘But – but,’ spluttered Ron, ‘why?’

‘I don’t know, she didn’t tell me. But Ron please – promise me you won’t go confronting Harry about this,’ replied Hermione fervently.

‘Why can’t I?’ demanded Ron impatiently. ‘She’s my sister and he’s my best friend.’

‘That’s why you can’t do that! He’s my best friend too and you’re my boyfriend – I don’t want to be in a position where I have to choose between you two,’ explained Hermione, casting Ron another pleading look.

Perhaps the term ‘boyfriend’ had calmed Ron a little bit as he didn’t say anything anymore though his face was still contorted in a mixture on disappointment and anger. Instead, he went back flicking his book frantically before shutting it with a snap seconds later.

‘But if you really have to choose between Harry and me, who would you choose?’ asked Ron, squinting at Hermione.

‘Ron,’ started Hermione, slightly embarrassed, ‘of course I’d choose you.’

A broad grin crossed Ron’s feature, ‘I’ve thought so.’

‘Just promise me you won’t go confronting Harry, OK?’ said Hermione, slightly amused by Ron’s reaction.

Ron drew back slightly and reluctantly he said, ‘Fine – I won’t.’

‘I’m sure they’re going to work this problem out,’ said Hermione evenly after a moment.

‘How do you know? Harry’s not the type that’ll apologize – he never does,’ said Ron dejectedly, looking up from his book.

‘Why are you saying this like it was Harry’s fault?’ said Hermione, her brows crinkled.

‘I dunno – you tell me,’ replied Ron irritably, ‘Whose fault was it?’

Hermione shrugged. ‘I’ve told you – I don’t know.’

The portrait hole opened and Harry climbed in. He spotted them and waved his hand at them briefly before departing to the dormitory. He didn’t feel like talking to either one of them. As he climbed the staircase, he wondered if Ron knew about what happened between him and Ginny last night. From Ron’s stiff expression just now, he reckoned Ron had known. Harry threw himself onto his bed and sighed heavily. He’d woken up really early this morning to have a walk outside on the grounds to avoid having to talk to Ron or accidentally bumping into Ginny. All the feelings that were swirling inside him were wearing him down he felt so tired. The last vision he saw before he drifted to sleep was Ron poking his head into the room.

*


‘Ginny,’ called Ron softly as he bend down and wrapped his hands around his sister. ‘Why are you crying?’

Her shoulders shook as she sobbed into Ron’s chest. She kept crying for what seemed like a long time.

‘No – nothing,’ she said to Ron as she wiped her eyes with the back of her hand before sitting up straight. ‘Let’s go, Ron.’

Harry walked out from the common room irritably clutching a broomstick. He had waited for Ron for half an hour to head to their Quidditch practice but he didn’t show up. It had been a rather mournful and frustrating week for Harry. His temper was constantly close to surface and he felt like he’d lash out at the first person that got on his nerve. Ron acted normally around him – at least that what it seemed on the outside. They still played chess together, complained about their hefty amount of homework and joked around – only now all of that didn’t feel genuine, like Ron was forced to spend time with him. Right now, Quidditch was the only thing that made Harry happy and that he had control of.

Harry arrived at the changing room and waited for the rest of team. After about fifteen minutes, the room was filled with Gryffindor players and Ron and Ginny were the last ones to arrive. Harry felt an odd tingling sensation in his stomach. He addressed his team and discussed their game tactics. The team walked onto the pitch and Harry saw Hermione on the stands, waving frantically at Ron and him. He kicked off from the ground and their practice was off to a bad start.

‘Sloper! Keep your eyes on the Bludgers!’ yelled Harry for what seemed like the ninety-seventh time.

‘Harry – go easy on them,’ Ron told him as Harry did a couple of loops around the hoops. ‘Practice should be fun.’

‘Fun isn’t going to get us a win against Slytherin, Ron,’ replied Harry stiffly before soaring through the players to the other end of the pitch.

‘What are you doing, Kirke!?’ came Harry’s voice again that magnified throughout the stadium.

The practice ended with everyone looking equally disgruntled and irritated. Harry lingered in the changing room, immersed in the feeling of frustration. Even Quidditch saddened him now.

‘Harry, what was with all the yelling?’ asked Ron curiously as he wiped his broomstick clean, glancing briefly at Ginny who was fidgeting with her robes at a corner furthest away from where Harry was sitting.

‘Ron, please – don’t start,’ moaned Harry exasperatedly, burying his face in his hand.

‘Start what?’ replied Ron sharply, ‘I was just asking coz you never this strict on them before. Today, you looked like you’re going to hex the next person who made a mistake.’

Harry suddenly felt a twinge of anger. Ron didn’t seem to realize he was partially responsible for Harry’s intolerable mood today. If he hadn’t stood him up earlier or perhaps hadn’t been treating him coldly for the past week, he would probably be in much better mood.

‘Do you hate me, Ron?’ blurted Harry unconsciously. He regretted the words almost as soon as they were out. He didn’t want to start a fight with Ron but at the same time he wanted their friendship back to normal – back to when nothing else mattered.

Ron looked up from his broomstick. ‘Of course not.’

‘Then why are you acting like I’ve done something wrong to you – like I’m to blame for everything?’ demanded Harry impatiently, feeling his stomach lurched.

‘I’m not!’ protested Ron, putting down his broomstick. ‘Where is all this coming from?’

‘From you!’ snapped Harry, losing his temper. ‘You don’t want to spend time with me – even when we were doing something together, I can sense that you dreaded it – from your stiff expression and fake laugh.’

Ron cocked his head and stared at Harry. Harry noticed Ron’s ears were turning scarlet.

‘Harry – what’s wrong with you?’ Ron asked loudly.

‘Ron, you can just tell me if you hate me or something, I can take it,’ shouted Harry assertively, ‘you don’t have to pretend or feel sorry for me that I won’t have any friends – I don’t need it.’

Ginny had stopped whatever she was doing to watch Harry and Ron. At the same time Hermione arrived at the changing room, searching for them.

‘You’re mental, Harry – that’s what this is -’

‘I was waiting for you earlier – like we promised, but you didn’t show up,’ added Harry testily, ‘was that your way of telling me that you’d rather just stay away from me? Coz y’know what – I got the point. You don’t have to force yourself to please me or whatever you were doing all this week.’

Harry scrutinized Ron’s face momentarily, feeling the satisfaction of seeing Ron’s furious face. Finally, he’d know exactly how Harry felt. Harry let his lips twitched in a wry smile as he turned his back to Ron.

‘Harry -’ came Ron’s voice after a moment.

Harry whirled around and suddenly without warning; Ron’s fist flew up in front of his face, his balled hand pressed against Harry’s nose. Harry felt agonizing pain seared through his head and he fell backwards against the cupboard.

‘Ron – no!’ yelled Hermione and Ginny at the same time, as they both tugged at Ron’s robes and grabbed his hands, restraining him from throwing another punch at Harry.

‘Before you come to any conclusion – you’d want to investigate things first, Harry!’ hollered Ron, stumbling slightly as Hermione and Ginny’s grip on his robes tightened. ‘You want to know why I didn’t show up? Perhaps because I was comforting my sister who had been crying her eyes out all day and for the past week over you!’

Harry winced slightly at Ron’s tone and scrambled back to his feet. Ginny loosened her grip on Ron and stared down.

‘I don’t spend time with you coz I feel sorry for you – I did it coz you’re my best friend,’ continued Ron, still positively shouting, ‘So you should know that I don’t hate you, Harry – but you just made me have second thoughts. Don’t think that you’re the only who has everything went wrong for him and has a miserable life. This isn’t just about you - you’re not the only one who suffers around here.’

And with that, Ron took his broomstick and left, pushing Hermione and Ginny out of the way. Hermione and Ginny gave Harry one last look and followed Ron anxiously. Harry unconsciously wiped his bleeding nose with the back of his hand and sat down again on the bench, replaying the conversation over and over again in his head until he came to realize what Ron’s point was.

*


Harry walked out from the hospital wing and rushed to the Gryffindor Tower. He just went to see Madam Pomfrey to stop the bleeding and had a potion to reduce the swelling of his nose. She’d asked him about what happened and he lied by saying that he slipped and fell flat on his face. Entering the common room, Harry looked around for Ginny but didn’t see her anywhere. He crossed the room towards the girls staircase, craning his neck to see if she was anywhere around the area. But she wasn’t and Harry was desperate to talk to her and he was resolved to a solution.

‘Hermione!’ shouted Harry from the bottom stairs heading to the dormitory, ‘Hermione!’

Harry heard a door open and click shut upstairs and waited. Few seconds later, Hermione popped in front of him.

‘Harry – oh good! You’re alright?’ said Hermione, tracing every inch of Harry’s face. ‘I really don’t know what’s wrong with Ron -’

‘I’m fine,’ intercepted Harry, ‘is Ginny upstairs? Can you call her for me?’

‘Sure,’ replied Hermione kindly, ‘you just wait here.’

Harry waited anxiously and paced back and forth. He felt his heart throbbing against his ribs violently and he took a couple of deep breath to slow down his pulse. After what seemed like forever, he heard a voice that melted his heart instantly.

‘Harry,’ called Ginny softly as she descended the staircase, ‘are you OK?’

‘I’m – I’m good,’ said Harry, nodding fervently as he suddenly horrified of how ridiculous he must have looked circling the place with his currently oversized nose. ‘You already looked like a fool earlier, it wouldn’t hurt if you’re still an idiot now,’ said Harry to himself.

‘So -,’ started Ginny uncertainly, ‘why do you want to see me?’

‘Ginny – I’m sorry.’

‘What?’ said Ginny in a soft whisper.

‘Ginny – I’m sorry that I didn’t trust you. I’m sorry that I hurt you. I’m sorry that I made you cry – and I’m sorry for everything that I’ve done,’ said Harry ruefully, as he felt his palms started sweating and his stomach doing a summersault for the seventh time.

Ginny stood staring down at her feet silently. Harry took this as a sign to keep talking and make things right.

‘I know I’ve been selfish but I want to work things out now,’ said Harry as he stepped closer towards Ginny, ‘and I want to tell you something that I haven’t been able to deliver properly before,’ Harry paused for a moment to try and get a glimpse of Ginny’s expression but she kept staring down and Harry couldn’t make out her face, so he breathed in and continued, ‘I love you, Ginny – I really do.’

Harry felt a great wave of relief rushed through his body as soon as the words left him. He never said those words to anyone before except maybe to pictures of his parents and Sirius but he never felt so sure about anything else. But at this exact moment, he knew he’d done the right thing.

Ginny finally looked up and Harry saw that she was shedding tears. He didn’t know what to think or even if she felt the same way. Ginny slowly moved forward, stretched her neck slightly as Harry unconsciously leaned forward, thrilled to once again feel Ginny’s lips against his. When they finally parted, Ginny ran her finger over his cheek gently.

‘Promise me you won’t doubt me anymore,’ said Ginny, as a smile worked its way onto her face.

‘I promise,’ said Harry as he reached out and put his arms around her, pulling her in a hug. ‘Besides, it would be dumb for me to do that again – because Ron’s punch was really painful, I don’t think I wanna get another one of that,’ Harry said it with a straight face and they both burst out laughing.

‘Was it really that bad?’ asked Ginny softly into his chest.

‘Yeah – did you know if maybe he had been working out during the summer?’

‘Ron? Work out? Summer? – No way.’

Harry snorted. ‘I’ve thought so.’

‘Hey Harry – I love you too.’

THE END

*

Monologue


HERMIONE GRANGER


Aaaawwww, the Valentine’s Ball was just awesome. I couldn’t believe how everything turned out just amazing. Hopefully Dumbledore will have more balls coming up – I can’t wait. Ron is such a wonderful boyfriend though he’s crazy at times as he’d shown earlier when he punched Harry – but I love him nevertheless! Ron makes me happy!…..and sad sometimes.

And what’s better than to have someone else feels the same happiness you feel. It’s funny how everything worked out between Harry and Ginny after the incident in the changing room. I guess if two people were meant for each other – they’d come around eventually.

RON WEASLEY


What a crazy month this has been! It was so crazy and it had drained all my energy. But it was all worth it when Hermione said those magical words. Haha – too bad Viktor isn’t getting any of that! Hermione is wonderful and I just love her….so much…

And I always thought violence won’t solve any problems – and it’s actually true, remembering all the times Harry and I got into trouble for hitting that smug, Malfoy but surprisingly this time around it worked! But it wasn’t Malfoy who was beaten; it was Harry who got punched by none other than…..me. He solved all the misunderstandings between him and Ginny and they were back to loving each other just as I love Hermione but maybe not as much and I’ve forgiven him and he’s forgiven me for punching him – so everything’s back to normal…only more exciting.

HARRY POTTER


Ginny, Ginny, Gin…. I don’t even know where to begin….love her… love her…love her….

Ron…He’d gone mad earlier. He punched me, he actually punched me. It’s really true that it was painful; I really don’t know when he gets this strong. Perhaps it was the feeling of fierce protectiveness of his sister. I don’t blame him anyway….it sort of put me back to my senses…. But seriously, I don’t want to get another one of his punches. One was bad enough.

GINNY WEASLEY


Harry, Harry, Harry…...I can’t believe what just happened. It’s like it wasn’t even real. But it was real……and I loved it! More like, I love Harry.

Ron….he had gone mental earlier. I dunno what’s got into him, he punched Harry….But I should be grateful – he did it for me, and in the end everything went absolutely right. He’s great – though he got on my nerve sometimes – but he’s still cool. Only I’m hoping that he’d stop spying on Harry and me after this. OK, I have great brother, wonderful girlfriend and the most awesome boyfriend ever – my wish list has been fulfilled…at least for the time being.