Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Study of Legilimency by Rita Writer

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Dream



Piles of red, orange, and yellow fell across the muddy grounds as autumn leaves fell from the magnificent trees surrounding them. The sun shown brightly through the soft layer of clouds as a soft breeze blew through the air. Harry headed out to the Quidditch field to watch the players try out. Married by thoughts of the recently taught Occlumency, he walked as slowly as possible, trying to enjoy every moment the weather gave him. The stands were covered with damp leaves.

Katie, who had been made captain of team, had narrowed the players down to four. They were to play a mock game with each of them to decide which two would be on the team. The first game would be played with a couple of third years.

Katie blew a whistle as they kicked off into the air. It seemed the higher he flew, the more worries fell behind him. He circled slowly around the field, watching the people trying out struggle to catch the Quaffle. The sun soon set behind the brilliant castle, giving off a wonderful array of colour.

A flash of gold glimmered over the Hufflepuff stands. Harry pushed his broom forward. Most people had topped to watch. Harry leaned forward and extended his arm. If he was not careful, he would fly strait into the seats. He felt his hands close over the Snitch and quickly pulled upwards.

The new Quidditch uniform Lupin had given him was wonderful. He barely had to put his figures to the Snitch to catch it.

“Nice one, Harry!” Katie called after him. Harry grinned. The next mock game was much shorter.

“Alright people, listen up.” Katie called to everyone. She held a clipboard and observed all the notes she had taken. “After looking at all of you, I’ve decided which of you should be team chasers; Sarah Bell! Congratulations!” Both of them gave an excited jump. Sarah looked oddly familiar. Harry thought hard for where he had seen her.

“Not bad I suppose.” Ron said, “If she’s Katie’s little sister, she can’t be that bad.” Ron had been made the keeper as of last year, and was never allowed to quit. Ginny to had been dubbed chaser ever since Harry came back.

Of course, Sarah was Katie Bell’s little sister. Harry smiled at her. She was glowing in spite of herself. The other people who had tried out looked rather disappointed.

All the way back to the common room, Ron talked mindlessly about a play the Chudley Cannons had done, making odd jesters in the air. Harry wasn’t listening. He simply nodded and made an occasional grunt. Just before they entered the common room, Hermione came fuming behind them.

“Erm… Hermione?” Ron asked nervously. “You okay?”

Hermione shot him an angry look. “It’s the Parkinson girl from Slytherin. I have Arithmancy with her. She’s been kissing up to Professor Vector all year,” she said angrily.

“So…?” Ron pushed.

“So, Professor Vector was asking review questions for the next test. When she called on Parkinson, she gave the answer I had on my notes, and when I told him, she gave me detention for trying to get her in trouble!”

“When do you have detention? I mean, you’ve got classes till eight,” Harry said.

“That’s the worst bit! I have to wake up at four o’clock to go clean out the Owlery,” she groaned. Ron opened his mouth to say something, but Hermione cut him off. “Without magic.” she added curtly. Ron shut his mouth.

Harry and Ron did their little bit of homework (at least, compared to Hermione.) Ron stayed up playing a game of chess with Dean. Harry, however, felt unusually tired and went to bed early.

Almost as soon as he fell asleep, he began to dream. Not a normal dream, but one where he spoke through the mouth of another....

“Did you find my little book Wormtail?” Harry said in a high cold voice that was not his own. Wormtail whimpered.

“W-well you see m-master. The book… It’s not in the regular section. I think it maybe in the r-restricted area of the Ministry’s library.” he said in a cowering voice.

Harry’s lips curled with fury. “It’s not in the restricted area! There is no restricted area in the Ministry's library!” he barked, shaking with anger. “Don’t try to lie to me Wormtail. The Dark Lord always knows.”

“Please, Master!” Wormtail yelped, “I can’t get in. I’ve tried, but there’s I can't do it.”

“Nagini,” Harry said in Parsletounge. “Go fetch my book from the Ministry’s library, and stop for nothing.” The snake that had been coiled on the floor bowed its head and slithered off.

“Now then, Wormtail,” Harry said coldly, “what did you find?"

“Well,” Wormtail said slightly less nervously, “Bella's charms is still working. None of the Ministry officials were able to undo it; none were powerful enough to even enter the veil....


Someone was shaking him nervously. “Harry, are you alright?” Ron said, “You were twitching around a bit. Harry tried to recall what he had just seen.

“Yeah, listen. You and Hermione meet me back in the common room.” Ron nodded.

“She’s still down there doing homework,” he said as he left. Harry thought about his dream. Why would Voldemort want to know something about the veil? Harry walked down into the common room, where Ron and Hermione were waiting for him.

“What happened?” Hermione asked skeptically. Harry took a deep breath and told them about his dream.

Hermione looked deeply puzzled. “So Voldemort wants to know something about veil?” she asked.

“I suppose so.” Harry shrugged.

“But why?” Hermione asked, “What charm did Bellatrix put on it? She was never working for the ministry, so they wouldn’t have allowed it.”

Bellatrix. Oh how Harry would love to meet her again. Perhaps he could return some of the pain she had given him....

“Well I’m going to look up the veil tomorrow in the library. It’s sure to have something,” she said

“It’d probably be in the restricted area.” Harry lectured. Hermione’s lips curled slyly.

“I told Professor Vector it would take about three hours to clean the Owlery, but it only takes about thirty minutes. If I hurry, I can slip into the library before everyone wakes up.”

“Brilliant!” Ron said lightly.

“Yeah, you can take my cloak,” Harry added.

Hermione nodded and went back to her homework. Harry and Ron went back to the dormitory. Harry was really anxious. Not only would he understand one of Voldemort's plans, but he would know what happened to Sirius if all went well.