Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Pureblood Princess by Xandria

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Privet Drive was unusually quiet for the summer holiday. Many days the residents could be seen washing cars, mowing their lawns or other mundane chores that nobody enjoyed. Today was different though. The streets were silent as everyone stayed inside with windows and doors firmly shut, desperate to keep cool.

At Number Four Privet Drive a skinny teenager of sixteen years sat locked in his upstairs bedroom. Harry Potter didn't mind being shut away...not in the slightest nor did he mind being left alone. As a matter of fact the less Harry had to see of his Aunt, Uncle and Cousin, the happier he was.

The Dursleys were Harry's only living relatives and for the past sixteen years they had tried to make Harry as miserable as possible. It was only six years ago that their hate turned partly to fear. That was the point in his life in which Harry found out he was not an ordinary kid. He was a wizard.

This was an abnormality that the Dursleys had tried to hide, but had been unsuccessful. Harry was shipped off to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to begin his training in the magical arts and now he sat back here at Privet Drive years later.

He was still too skinny for a boy his age and his untidy hair did nothing to make his appearance better. There was something that made Harry Potter different from everyone else. It was neither his hair nor his wizardry but the lightning bolt scar on his forehead of which he had received when he was only a baby.

All these things made Harry unusual in the Muggle world and a celebrity in the Wizard world. His being famous, however, did not stop his teachers from giving him loads of holiday homework. Harry sat at his desk and began work on Professor Trelawney's essay. He carefully read the question:

Write a Prophecy about yourself and your future.

Harry smiled widely, dipped his quill in the ink and began to write the Prophecy written for him one year before his birth seventeen years ago.

The Prophecy of Harry James Potter

The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches...Born to those who have thrice defied him
Born as the seventh month dies...and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the
Dark Lord knows not...and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives...
The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies.


Harry set his quill down and looked out the window. He remembered every word of the prophecy. His Prophecy he heard down in the Department of Mysteries at the Ministry of Magic only last year, but the meaning behind it was the most important. He was the one, the only wizard alive who had enough power to kill the most powerful dark wizard of whom everyone had always feared...Lord Voldemort.

Harry dropped himself onto his bed and stared up at the blank ceiling. He was hoping to receive the results from his O.W.L examinations he had taken his fifth year, but so far...nothing. His eyes began to droop, sleepiness now clouding his mind.

Suddenly a harsh tap on the window startled Harry so much that he flew off his bed and landed with a thud on the floor. He looked up and saw an eagle owl standing on the windowsill, waiting for Harry to open the window.

Harry crossed the room and allowed the owl to enter. It held out it's leg which had an envelope attached to it. Harry's stomach gave a great lurch as he untied the letter and sat back down on the bed. He examined the envelope closely.

Harry Potter
Upstairs Bedroom
Number Four Privet Drive
Little Whinging
Surrey


Harry quickly tore it open and two pieces of parchment fell into his lap. He read over the first letter:

Dear Mr. Potter,
As you are aware of, you have taken the Ordinary Wizarding Level exams in your Fifth Year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Your O.W.L results have come back and are enclosed with this letter.

Yours Sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts

"Great. Let's see how stupid and lazy I am," Harry said to himself. He unfolded the second piece of parchment and nearly hit the floor.

Student: Harry James Potter
School: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

Your O.W.L results are as follows:

Defense Against the Dark Arts: Outstanding
Transfiguration: Outstanding
Potions: Exceeds Expectations
Charms: Outstanding
Care of Magical Creatures: Exceeds Expectations
Herbology: Exceeds Epectations
History of Magic: Acceptable


"Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!" Harry let out a scream and began dancing around his room. Something made him stop though. Another owl was at his window. Harry immediately recognized it as Pig, his friend Ron's owl. It fluttered into his room dropping a letter and small package onto Harry's head.

"You feathery little git." Harry seized the letter now lying on the floor and ripped it open. It was from Ron.

Harry,
Did you get your results back? I just did today. Can you come and stay with me at my house for the rest of the summer? I've sent you some Flo Powder.
I'll be waiting. Hermione is already here.
Ron


A hard knock came on Harry's bedroom door. He quickly stowed away the letters and Flo Powder as Vernon Dursley stood in the doorway, looking down at his nephew.

"Your Aunt, Dudley and I are going out, Boy. Do not leave this room. Understand?"

Harry nodded. "Yes, sir."

Vernon slammed the door behind him and Harry stood by the window, watching as their car pulled from the driveway. This was his chance. He quickly packed up his trunk with all of his possessions and dragged it downstairs. He looked around one last time and stepped into the fireplace with his things.

"The Burrow!" He shouted. Emerald green flames engulfed him. Everything began to spin and the living room of Number Four became more distant until Harry could see it no more. The only thing he could see now was a group of redheads standing in front of him.