Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Pureblood Princess by Xandria

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A beautiful day in January brought the first Quidditch game of the season. Excitement filled the air as the students filed into their respective stands to watch the Slytherin and Gryffindor Quidditch Teams.

"Come on people. Our team is the best! We won the Cup last year and there's no reason why we can't this year. Now that we have our Seeker back we stand an even greater chance," Angelina paced around the Gryffindor Locker Room giving the usual pep talk.

"We know, Angelina. Can we just go?" Katie yawned, putting her head on Alicia's shoulder.

"Oh yeah. Let's go!" Angelina ran from the locker room with excitement written all over her face. The rest of the team followed her and took their places. The curtain opened and the Gryffindor team kicked off, soaring into the air. On the other side of the field, the Slytherin's followed suit. A mass of scarlet, gold, silver and emerald soared high above the field. Harry and Draco quickly took their places above the two teams and gave each other hateful looks.

"Hey Potter, better watch out. Don't get too close to my sister or you'll have to deal with me," Draco sneered.

Harry looked down into the Slytherin stands and saw Morgana standing next to Pansy, staring up at him. She waved to him and smiled. Harry gave her a goofy grin and wave.

Madam Hooch made her way to the middle of the field, a large trunk in hand. She bent down and picked up the red Quaffle. "As always I want a clean game. Yes even from you, Goyle. Three....two....one..." She blew her whistle and threw the Quaffle into the air.

Lee Jordan sat up in the stands to provide the commentary. "Welcome to another Quidditch season. Today it's Slytherin versus Gryffindor and boy will this be exciting. Katie Bell takes possession of the Quaffle...she passes to Alicia Spinnet...oh wow that girl is cute and an excellent chaser--"

"JORDAN!" Professor McGonagall exclaimed.

"Er...right..Sorry Professor. Oooo Bell hit with a Bludger from Slytherin Beater, Gregory Goyle...Montague of Slytherin has the Quaffle...passes to Warrington...he passes back to Montague...Montague shoots...ha ha saved by Gryffindor Keeper, Ron Weasley!" The Gryffindor crowd erupted in cheers, waving scarlet flags and gold Gryffindor lions.

"Angelina Johnson takes the Quaffle...passes to Spinnet...she passes back to Johnson...come on Angelina...go...go...go...SHE SCORES! That's Gryffindor Ten and Slytherin Zero! Ha ha big surprise there!"

"Jordan if you won't give an unbiased opinion, I'll find someone who can!" Professor McGonagall said angrily.

"Right you are, Professor. I'm just telling it like it is. Slytherin Captain Marcus Flint steals the Quaffle from Spinnet...he dodges a bludger...he scores. Ten points to Slytherin."

Harry looked around for the Snitch and finally saw it to the right of Rons' goalposts. He sped after it with Malfoy right behind him. They circled the goals, Harry ducking a Bludger hit by Crabbe. He looked up and saw the Snitch was gone.

"Damn it," Harry muttered. Gryffindor and Slytherin were now tied. Either he got the Snitch now or they'd be playing until sunset. He heard Lee's voice distantly.

"Yes! Gryffindor scores. Fourty-Fourty. Come on Harry!" Lee shouted.

Harry caught sight of the Snitch a second time, right over the Gryffindor spectators. He dived towards the stands, Draco once again right behind him. His fingers closed tightly over the struggling Snitch as he flew around the field.

"Harry Potter caught the Snitch! He got it! Gryffindor wins! Wooohooo!" Lee Jordan was jumped around in the stand, shouting.

******
"Wow that was great flying, Harry! Never seen anything like it," Morgana exclaimed, running up to Harry and throwing her arms around his neck. Harry was taken back at her being so happy when her House team had just lost.

"Er...thanks. Aren't you upset?" Harry asked her, confused.

"Not at all. Do you think you could meet me tomorrow night in the Great Hall? I have something really important to tell you," Morgana whispered.

"Sure. I'll be there at 8 o'clock," Harry replied.

"Great! See you then." Morgana turned on her heels and walked down to the corridor leading to the portrait entrance to the Slytherin Common Room.

"Password?" The portrait of the Bloody Baron asked.

"Pureblood," Morgana replied and the portrait swung open to allow her entrance. "Draco get down here!" She called up to the Boys' Dormitory. Draco came down, looking puzzled.

"What is it?"

Morgana took ahold of his arm and pulled him close to her. "It has to happen tomorrow night. I can't do this anymore. If I have to get close to that mudblood one more time, I'm gonna be sick."

"Well the potion is ready. I'm gonna let Pansy know, she'll tell Velandra of course," Draco said.

"Ok. I'm gonna talk to Goyle. He can do the other part," Morgana winked. She walked pass Draco and up to the dormitory. Out the window the sun was setting over the trees of the Forbidden Forest. Morgana looked out and smiled wickedly.