Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Pureblood Princess by Xandria

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
"Welcome back, Harry dear. I was hoping you would have no problems. You didn't have problems finding us, did you? Oh that doesn't matter. You're here now,” Mrs. Weasley wrapped Harry in a hug, tears running from her eyes.

"Now now, Molly. Let him breathe. He only just got here,” Arthur Weasley laughed.

"Did the Muggles give you any trouble, Harry?" Ron asked.

"No. They weren't even home when I left,” Harry replied. He set down his trunk as Hermione ran up to him and threw her arms around his neck.

"Oh Harry. We were so worried. Not one letter from you all summer, we began to think the Dursley's had done something."

"Come on. Let's go up to my room,” Ron suggested.

"Don't worry about the trunk, Harry. Allow me. Wingardium Leviosa!" George said, pointing his wand at Harry's school trunk. It rose up into the air and followed the three of them upstairs. When they reached Ron's room the trunk landed with a great thud onto the floor.

"GEORGE! Little wonder why Mum tells him off the most. Now the most important thing. What about your O.W.L results? Hermione got all Outstandings. Here's mine,” Ron said. He shoved a piece of parchment into Harry's hands.

"Awesome, mate. Here are mine."

"Bloody hell! You got an E in Potions?! But Snape hates you,” Ron said confused as his eyes scanned Harry's results.

Mrs. Weasley walked in carrying a pile of freshly laundered clothes. "Have you three received your school lists yet?" She asked.

"Yes. They came with our results,” Hermione replied.

"We can go to Diagon Alley now if you'd like. I need a few things myself,” Mrs. Weasley said, setting the clothes on Ron's bed.

"Alright. Let's just hope Malfoy isn't there," Harry said. Draco Malfoy was the snobbiest rich kid Harry had ever met and the less they had to see of him, the better.

"Maybe he got trampled by a raging Hippogriff this summer," Ron said hopefully.

"Ronald Weasley! Don't talk about your classmate like that," Mrs. Weasley scolded. "Come on you lot."

Harry, Hermione and Ron pulled on their Hogwarts cloaks and followed Mrs. Weasley downstairs. Each turn took some Floo Powder and stepped into the fireplace.

"DIAGON ALLEY!" Emerald flames engulfed Harry and he disappeared. No matter how many times he traveled this way, he knew he would never get use to it. Everything around him began to spin faster and faster until he was thrown out of the fireplace, straight into the Leaky Cauldron.

In a minutes time, Mrs. Weasley and the others had appeared behind Harry. "Well now let's go to Gringotts, first off,” Mrs. Weasley suggested.

The four of them set off down the cobblestone street towards a very large and very ancient building. The front doors opened before them as a Goblin met them at the window. "Can I help you?"

Mrs. Weasley smiled and handed three vault keys to the Goblin, whose name plate read 'Albert'. "Yes. We all need to make withdrawals from our vaults."

"Very well then. Arabella, please escort these people to the vault numbers on the keys." Albert handed the keys over and retreated to the back room.

Arabella brought them down to Harry's vault first. Harry, carefully positioning himself with his back blocking view, began to shovel handfuls of gold Galleons, silver Sickles and bronze Knuts into his money bag.

After a bumpy ride the cart slide to an abrupt halt in the main entrance to the bank. "Where to now?" Ron asked, rubbing his neck from the sudden stop.

"Flourish and Blotts for you school books. What books have we got to buy?"

"Potion Making for the Dumb and Lazy, A Students Guide to Intermediate Transfiguration: Grade Six, Advanced Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms: Learn What You Need To, Forget What You Don't, and Today, Tomorrow, and the Uncertain Future,” Harry read off of the list.

Mrs. Weasley pushed open the doors to Flourish and Blotts and walked up to the clerk. She handed her all of the book lists and turned to the others. "I'm going next door to look at cauldrons. Ginny needs a new one already."

Harry, Hermione and Ron were standing by the counter when none other than Lucius Malfoy walked in with Draco and a girl Harry had never seen before. He could hear her whining to Lucius. "Why do I have to go to Hogwarts, Father? I was happy where I was."

Lucius rolled his eyes and replied, "Morgana, we've been over this already. You've been taught at the Manor for long enough and the tutors are bloody sick of you. At least Draco can keep an eye on you at Hogwarts. Not a great school but it will suffice. All made worst by that incompetent Dumbledore."

Draco caught Harry's eye and strolled over to him. "So Potter, back with the filthy mudblood lovers again? What a love story," Draco sneered.

"Puke off, Malfoy,” Ron spat.

"Draco, what are you doing?!" The blonde girl as she ran over to the group.

"Just talking, Morgana. What do you want?" Draco asked coldly.

"Father wants us back over there. Come on. Crabbe and Goyle said they would meet us at Madam Malkin's,” the girl named Morgana dragged Draco away and out the door.

Harry, Hermione, and Ron paid for their books and walked from the shop, dumbfounded at what they had seen. Pureblood wizards only believed in having one child, not two. Two Malfoy's in the same school was not a good thing and all knew the next year would only hold misery.

"Harry, who in bloody hell was that?" Ron asked.

"Not sure," Harry replied shortly.

****

The Hogwarts Express filled up with students of various ages, everyone anxious to arrive at Hogwarts. As the train moved swiftly down the tracks Harry, Hermione and Ron sat in compartment twelve talking and trading chocolate frog cards.

"Ignatia Wildsmith again? Here Harry, you can have it," Ron said.

"Thanks mate. Hey Hermione, I’ll trade you my Grindelwald card for your Andromeda one," Harry said. Hermione handed Harry the Andromeda Famous Witches and Wizards card over the book she was currently immersed in.

"Hermione, can't you put down that book for two bloody seconds?" Ron asked as he stuffed a Cauldron Cake into his mouth.

"This happens to be a very interesting book. You should all read it," Hermione replied, very annoyed with Ron.

"Oh sure. Who wouldn't like to read Radical Goblin Rebellions of the Late 17th Century?" Ron smarted, rolling his eyes.

"So Weasel what was on with your mother at the station? Awfully dumpy, isn't she?" Draco Malfoy appeared in the doorway, flanked by his faithful cronies Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle.

"Get stuffed Malfoy!" Ron shot back.

"Oooo Weasley that hurt. Say why don't you have your fat mum make you some new robes? Heaven knows you could do with some," Draco smirked.

Harry stood and pointed his wand at Draco. "Back off Malfoy!"

"Or what Potter? Gonna run to Mommy?" Draco covered his mouth innocently and added, "Oh that's right. She's dead. Oops."

Harry advanced on Draco but was abruptly stopped by a girl who appeared in front of him. "Beat it Draco," she demanded.

Draco shot her an evil look and stormed off, swearing under his breath. Harry immediately recognized her as the girl he had seen in Diagon Alley.

"I apologize. My brother is a little arrogant prat."

"B-b-brother? Draco Malfoy is your brother?" Ron questioned.

"Yes. My name is Morgana Malfoy."

Harry and Ron exchanged worried looks though it was Hermione whom asked the question they were thinking. "Are you anything like Draco?"

Morgana laughed and replied, "Absolutely not."

"But you sure seemed like it in Diagon Alley," Harry stated.

"Draco had made me mad that morning."

"Oh I see. Would you like to sit with us?" Harry asked.

"Sure. Thanks." The four turned and walked into the compartment, sliding the glass door shut. Harry continued talking as he sat down next to Morgana. He couldn't help but notice how beautiful and flawless she was. "So Morgana how come we haven't seen you at Hogwarts?"

"I've been tutored at Malfoy Manor for the last six years," Morgana said, laughing.

There was a long silence between them until Ron piped up, "I'm so sorry Malfoy is your brother. I really am."

Darkness fell over Hogsmeade Village as the train pulled into the station. Hagrid, the Hogwarts gamekeeper, called the first years over and loaded them into several boats to take them across the lake. Many horseless carriages stood nearby and waited to take the older students to the castle. As the carriages took off down the shimmering moonlit path, the Hogwarts castle stood magically silhouetted against the starry sky.