Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Pureblood Princess by Xandria

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The snow fell over Hogwarts, blanketing the ancient castle in white. The week of Christmas was a time everyone looked forward to. It meant no classes, no homework, and plenty of time for fun.

The Gryffindor Common Room was unusually quiet for most students had left to spend the holiday at home. Hermione sat by the handsome fire intensely reading Jinxes for the Jinxed while Harry and Ron were across the room having a gueling game of Wizards Chess.

"Come on! Squash him, you bloody knight!" Harry cheered on as his Knight beat Ron's Pawn into several pieces.

"Are you two ever going to get to that homework? You know the three essays you haven't even started on yet? Or are you going to wait until last minute and copy mine?" Hermione asked, indignantly.

"Wait until last minute and copy your's," Harry replied, laughing at the serious look Hermione shot him.

"Yeah yeah Hermione, we'll get to it right after I kick this bloke's butt," Ron replied, urging his Queen towards Harry's King. Hermione sighed and walked up the spiral staircase to the Girls' Dormitory.

"Boys," she muttered under her breath.

Ron rolled his eyes and turned back to Harry. "I swear that girl never gives it a rest. Harry? What's wrong, mate? Thinking twice of cheating from Hermione's work?"

Harry looked out the window, staring at nothing in particular. "I can't stop thinking about her."

Ron raised an eyebrow and replied, "Hermione? You can't stop thinking of Hermione?"

"No not her. I think I'm in love with Morgana Malfoy," Harry sighed.

Ron's mouth fell open in surprise then turned into a look of somewhat disgust. "Harry, think about what you're saying. You're saying you're in love with Morgana Malfoy, sister to the Malfoy who has tormented you and been the thorn in your butt for six bloody years! Do you really think she's different from the rest of her family?! She's in Slytherin so the Sorting Hat must have seen something about her that wasn't right! Why can't you see it, Harry?"

Harry shot Ron a dark look and stormed off towards the portrait hole, upturning the chess board in anger as he did. "You know I really thought my best friend would be happy for me! Thanks alot, Ron! Now if you don't mind, stay the bloody hell away from me!" Harry ran out and slammed the portrait closed behind him.

"Hey watch it there!" The Fat Lady screamed.

"Oh shut up, you piece of junk!" Harry mumbled. He raced down the marble staircase at top speed, threw open the front oak doors and ran into the courtyard. He found a placed right by a silver fountain and sat down.

Now he had time to think about everything that had happened. He had time to be alone and that's all he wanted right now.

******
"Can you believe it, Pansy? He actually thinks I like him," Morgana laughed as she and Pansy sat in their dormitory. Pansy took out some sweets from Honeydukes and spread it out on her bed.

"Help yourself. I'll get too fat if I eat it all," Pansy said.

Morgana smiled and jumped on Pansy's bed. "So have you talked to Velandra anymore?" Morgana asked, helping herself to a Chocolate Frog.

"Oh yes. She's more than happy to help you out. So tell me more about the plan," Pansy whispered, leaning in towards Morgana.

"Well I...can I help you?" Morgana's head quickly shot towards Millicent Bolstrode who was standing in the doorway.

"Draco asked me to come up here and ask you to go down to the common room," Millicent said, dropping down onto her own bed.

"Good fun. Let's go Pansy." Morgana and Pansy walked down the stone steps and found Draco and Goyle sitting by the fireplace. "Missing a bodyguard, are you Draco?" Morgana sneered.

"Crabbe is outside right now. Come sit," Draco requested. The girls walked over and sat down, Pansy on Draco's lap and Morgana on Goyle's.

"So what did you want to see us for? We were having quality girls' time so it had better be important," Morgana said, putting her arms around Goyle's neck.

"As a matter of fact... it is important. The potion is almost done and I wanted to know when you wanted to pull off your plan---"

"Draco.." Morgana nodded towards Goyle, interrupting him.

"He knows already. But don't worry he won't tell anyone and he even said he'd help us out. So when were you thinking of?" Draco asked.

"Well I was thinking in the next month. I can't stand much more of acting like I'm interested in him. The conditions would play a major factor as well. It would be better if there was still snow than it could be hidden easily. Made to look like an accident in the Forbidden Forest," Morgana said.

"Sounds good. Well come on sis. If we're going home then we should pack. Wow...I'm gonna have such a great holiday," Draco said with his famous evil smirk.