Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Pureblood Princess by Xandria

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The silent treatment became an artform for Harry and Ron. For a whole week the two said not a word to each other, forcing Hermione to make conversation with no success. The three of them sat in the Great Hall today in silence, the only sounds between them were the scratching of quills on parchment.

"Oh come on you two. Get over yourselves and just apologize. Can't we all just get along?" Hermione asked in a humerous but calm voice.

Harry and Ron shot each sour looks. "I'll apologize when a hippogriff does my homework," Ron said bitterly.

"I don't want anything from him," Harry said coldly.

"Harry, Ron was only looking out for you. You two are best friends and isn't that what friends are suppose to do?" Hermione asked.

"True but real friends don't stick their noses in something that doesn't even concern them! I'm out of here! See you around Hermione!" Harry exploded as he ran from the Hall.

"I don't get what his problem was. I only tried to help," Ron whispered.

"Did you try to help or did you tell him not to date Morgana?"

Ron opened his mouth to reply but immediately closed it when he realized the truth. "Maybe I did say Morgana was no good and that he could do better."

"I think you should go and talk to him," Hermione suggested.

"He doesn't want to talk to me. He just said so," Ron said sadly.

"I wouldn't bet on that. I'll bet he misses you just as much as you miss him."

"Alright. I'll try and talk to him," Ron sighed.

*****
"Harry, what's wrong? You've seemed a bit off since we left the castle," Morgana said.

Harry looked at her as they stood by the lakeside, hand in hand, and let out an angry sigh. "It's Ron. He just doesn't get it!"

"Get what?" Morgana asked calmly.

"Us. He thinks I could do better. He doesn't trust you, Morgana."

Morgana laughed slightly. "I never asked him if he liked or trusted me. If you trust me then that's all that matters."

"Guess so. So are you staying over holidays?" Harry asked, hoping the answer would be yes.

"No. Draco and I are going home for christmas. Haven't seen our parents all year and I kinda miss them," Morgana said quietly.

Draco walked from the castle and called from a distance, "Come on, Morgana. It's time to leave."

"Be right there! I have to go so I'll see you when I get back, ok Harry?"

"Yeah."

Morgana smiled and leaned forward, kissing Harry gently before turning and running to get her things. Harry stood there for the longest time thinking about Ron and if he should go talk to him. He made his way slowly up to the castle and back to Gryffindor Tower. Much to his surprise he found Ron in there, waiting by the fire.

"Hi Harry. Look I'm really sorry for what I said. I really am happy about you and Morgana. I guess I was just a bit jealous. You're my best mate and I thought I was gonna lose you to her. I...." Ron broke off as Harry sat down next to him.

"Ron, nobody could replace you. Not even Morgana Malfoy. Trust me...you have nothing to worry about, mate."

Hermione bounded down the stairs behind them, tears rolling down from her eyes. "Oh you guys are talking again. I'm so happy."

"So are you guys staying for holiday?" Harry asked.

"I am. I think Fred was coming to visit...said something about a girl named Velandra. If I had left Hogwarts, I wouldn't come back...Not even for a girl. Mum and Dad are going to Romania to visit Charlie and I believe Ginny is going too," Ron answered.

"My parents wanted to take me to Spain but I said I wanted to stay," Hermione said.

"The Dursleys would rather be shot dead than see me on their doorstep at Christmas," Harry laughed.

"What about your girlfriend?" Ron teased.

Harry sighed. "She and Draco are going home for holiday."

"Oh."

"Let's go get something eat. I'm starved," Hermione said, changing the subject as quickly as she could. The three left the tower and quickly decended to the Great Hall where several tables were set up, covered in various sweets, pumpkin juice and chocolates. They filled their plates and took a seat at the House table.

"Looks like Crabbe and Goyle were left on their own. I swear those two don't have half a brain between them," Ron whispered. Harry looked over to the Slytherin table where he saw Draco's moronic duo hitting each other over the head and laughing.

"They don't know what in bloody hell to do without Draco here," Harry laughed.

"Ah who cares? So Harry, tell about you and Morgana. I'm dying to know."