Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Don't Look Back by annie

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
[A/N: Sorry guys, I know the plot is a little bit confusing right now. I'm still trying to gather my thoughts, heh. To answer one of the questions...this is isn't really following the real storyline of the Marauders, I'm kind of just using the characters and manipulating them to fit whatever pops into my head :P Thanks for the reviews, though :)]

Remus raised an eyebrow and looked around. His eyes landed on Hermione's face, and a mischevious grin slowly spread on his face.

"Hermione. Truth or dare?"

She turned pale and stuttered, "T-t-truth."

Remus sighed with a somewhat of a disappointed air, but continued with his turn.

"Are you a virgin?"

Audible gasps were heard from the trio, and Hermione, who had been as pale as a sheet a moment ago, turned an interesting shade of magenta. The rest of the Marauders, however, just laughed. Apparently, this was not anything unexpected.

"I can't tell you that!" Hermione cried indignantly, crossing her arms defiantly.

"Oh but you can," Remus said easily, "and you will."

Everyone around the circle leaned in, looking interested. The tension could nearly be felt in the air, and finally Hermione gave in.

"No," she mumbled, looking at the ground.

"WHAT?!" Ginny and Draco both cried at the same time. Sirius simply cocked an eyebrow, and James and Lily chuckled.

"No I will not tell you who it is," she said, glaring at Remus when she saw his mouth open again. "That wasn't part of the truth."

She had a good point, so he shrugged helplessly. "Your turn," he said, looking at her. "But first you get to take a drink from your firewhiskey."

Hermione looked at him oddly. "Do I have to?" she asked.

"Yes...go on, do it," everyone urged.

She sighed, and tilting her head back, took a gulp of the alcoholic drink. Putting it down, she shook her hair out of her face and smiled slightly.

"That wasn't so bad," she said cheerfully. "Well then. Malfoy...truth or dare?"

He sputtered angrily, and shot her an cold look. She simply looked back at him pleasantly. When moments of silence passed by, she said pointedly, "It would be quite nice if you could pick one."

Draco seemed to fighting an internal battle, but finally he heaved a great sigh as if he were doing the rest of the group a favor by answering, and replied, "Dare."

The quiet of the night was disturbed as the rest of the students sitting in the circle erupted in cheers. Hermione cleared her throat, and, after a few more seconds, everyone settled down and turned their curious gazes to her.

"Okay, Malfoy. I dare you to take a picture of yourself, sign it with "Love from, Draco", then deliver it to Snape...."

She laughed when she saw the expression on Draco's face slowly turn into a look of disgust, then added, "....butt naked."

The yells of "Good one!" were so loud that Ginny was surprised everyone in the castle could not hear them.

"Snivellus!" James cried gleefully, clapping his hands. "That's ingenius!"

Meanwhile, Draco was sitting as if in a stupor. He looked as if he were about to vomit, or at least break something in a very violent way.

"I won't do it," he said stubbornly.

"Must I quote Remus?" Sirius asked politely, grinning when he was rewarded with snickers from the rest of the students.

Finally, a few seconds later...."Ugh...fine. All right."

Everyone nodded their approval, and James muttered "Accio camera," which caused a large, silver camera to zoom into the room.

"Now pose," he said, shaking with laughter.

Dejectedly, Draco did as he was told. When the photograph came out, the grin he wore in the image looked more painful than anything else. Taking out a pen, he scribbled "Love from, Draco" in loopy script. Once he had completed the first part of his task, Hermione took it and gave a nod of approval.

"Don't worry, Malfoy, we'll save the best part of it for tomorrow. You get to go to sleep with that happy thought now," she said with a smirk.
Draco rolled his eyes and gave Hermione another piercing glare. "Don't worry, Granger, I'll get you back for that."

Hermione simply quirked an eyebrow in response, and gestured for him to ask someone.

He turned to Lily. "Truth or dare?"

She tossed her hair back, and replied simply, "Dare."

"Hmm..." Draco said, scrunching his eyebrows together as if he was thinking about it hard. Then, his face lit up. "I dare you to snog me for 1 minute."