Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Don't Look Back by annie

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
[A/N: Okay, Draco's thoughts after the kiss might be kind of confusing right now, but I promise they will make sense as the story progresses. Btw, the "save for one" part is a hint...you might be able to figure it out from that :)]

Draco, who had been expecting a look of utter disbelief or even anger to appear on Lily's face, was surprised when her response turned out to be a grin. Shocked at his luck, he stood up and walked over to her, regaining his composure in the process. She followed him in standing up, and the two of them stood facing each other for several minutes. The rest of the group was silent.

"Well?" Lily finally asked, breaking the silence. "Where do you want to do it? Unless you want to do it here," she added, smirking. "I'm fine with that too."

Then, without warning, he reached out an arm and pulled her towards him, pressing his lips against hers. Her initial shock at this sudden movement turned into something else as she leaned in and kissed him back...she had never had a kiss like this. It was passionate and rough, yet tender and sweet at the same time.

Draco was also experiencing the same mixed feelings. He'd kissed plenty of girls in his time; hell, he'd probably snogged every girl in Hogwarts. However, none of them, save for one, had ever had such an effect on him. He felt as if electricity was traveling from her lips to his, and it was the most incredibly feeling ever.

The two of them were completely oblivious to the whistles and laughs coming from the rest of the group, until Sirius yelled "One minute!" gleefully. Although the last thing Draco wanted to do at the moment was pull away, he didn't want to seem too attached (after all, that wasn't very Malfoy-like), so he wrenched himself out of the kiss.

Unable to look away, he turned his gaze to Lily. She was staring back up at him, lights dancing in her eyes. She looked beautiful, yet seeing her looking at him that way caused him to turn away angrily. What the hell is wrong with me, he thought. I shouldn't have done that... Not wanting to make his feelings apparent (after all, that wasn't a very Malfoy-like thing to do), he arranged his features into his signature smirk and headed back to the other five students, settling into his place in the circle again.

During the kiss, Ginny had felt James tighten up beside her. Looking over, she noticed that he was still staring at his hands broodingly. She was not surprised at his reaction, she knew that James had liked Lily for all of his Hogwarts years. Although she knew they were only friends now, her heart still went out to him.

Placing her hand on his knee gently, she decided it would be a good idea to move the attention from Lily and Draco to the next dare. "Hey, Lily...it's your turn," she said to the older girl.

Lily, who had just downed her gulp of firewhisky, nodded her understanding, although her green eyes were still fixed on Draco. "Umm...Sirius, truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"Okay...I dare you and Hermione to go to Hogsmeade and bring back an acid pop from Honeydukes," she said, grinning.

"Wait!" Remus interrupted, holding out his hand. "You can't do that...Hermione...she um...she already went. Yeah, she can't go again!"

"But Remus, I'm fine with it," she said with a confused look. "I don't mind going again."

He seemed to be fighting an internal battle as he looked from Hermione to Sirius, to Hermione again. It was obvious that he didn't want Hermione to spend time with Sirius alone. At last, he sighed; he knew there was no point in arguing it out because he would lose anyway.

"Fine," he grumbled.

Grinning, Sirius grabbed Hermione's hand and the two of them stood up. "It's settled then," he said. "We'll be back in a few hours. You might want to end the game here though," he said thoughtfully. "It's almost 2 AM, Dumbledore will be checking in on the common room anytime soon. If he finds us gone again and reports us to Dippet, we're in big trouble. Here, one more turn for me...Prongs, truth or dare?"

James, who still looked rather depressed, replied, "Dare."

"Okay. I dare you to pick the girl of your choice and spend the night with her in the Room of Requirement."

With that, Sirius, who was satisfied with the fact that he had just helped set up his best friend with Ginny, headed off towards one of the secret entrance ways to Hogsmeade with Hermione at his side.