Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

An Unlikely Pair by Kyte

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Bodies.

Harry had to weave his way through all of Hogwarts grounds, trying not to step on anything. It was so dark, he could barely see where he was going. He had gotten seperated from Hermione and Ron when they had run forward. Many things lay on the ground. Mostly debris from things that had broken off. But there were some bodies. Harry couldn't tell wether the bodies were people from their side or the dark side. He could only see the faces when a stray spell had gone off target and the spraks had flotten over the bodies face. Once in awhile he would check for a pulse. Many, had none. Harry didn't really know exactly what he was doing. He didn't know any deadly or dangerous curses. Well he did, but none that he could actually perform. He found the most useful defense was disarming the masked figures with the Expelliarmus spell. He then took their wands and snapped them in half.

Without their wands, they had nothing.

Their were many people fighting. So many that you could barely walk anywhere without walking into someone else. Whether it was someone on your side, or on the other side, you didn't really know. Harry had caught a glimpse of Remus and Tonks sending spells at a particulary large figure. He was happy to see them alive, even though they looked exhausted.

One thing was bothering Harry though. Where was Voldemort. Ever since Harry had seen him leading his Death Eaters into the battle, Harry could not find him. Not that that was a bad thing. It just made Harry suspicious.

Suddenly someone grabbed Harry from behind. He turned his head to see evil grey eyes looking at him through slits in his mask. A long blonde ponytail hung out the other side. Lucius Malfoy. Harry struggled with all his might, but Lucius sent out a spell that kept Harry's legs and arms, tighly binded behind him. Lucius then picked Harry up and through him over his shoulder. He walked Harry through the battle field to the edge of the Dark Forest.

* * * *

Hermione had no chance to worry about where Ron and Harry had gotten to. She sent out the most difficult spells she could remember trying to hit the masked wizards other then her own side, though it was difficult. She had sustained no injuries so far. It was a night she would never forget. Bodies, laying on the ground, people running past her, some she knew some she didn't. She was strong though and didn't let herself down. Until she saw him.

His blonde, almost white hair, gleamed from the light of the moon. His dark robes were torn in many places. He was not wearing a mask. Hermione was glad of that. She saw his grey eyes, full of fear searching the crowd. Hermione saw him dodge a spell as it came his way, but another spell hit him from behind. He let out a yell of pain. Hermione's legs started to shake. He had landed in a heap on the ground. Please, Hermione thought. Don't let him be dead.

Draco suddenly lifted his head and turned around to stare at where Hermione was standing. He looked into her eyes, and started running towards her. Hermione for a split second wanted to run, but knew her legs and her brain wouldn't work together at the moment. He ran towards her dodging the people and the spells until he arrived right infront of her. It was at that moment that Hermione's legs gave out, and she collapsed, fainted.

* * * *

"LET ME GO!" Harry screamed, trying to break the magical spell that was keeping his legs and arms bound together. He was still over Lucius's shoulder. Lucius was now jogging into the deepest part of the forest, apparently not taking a path. Harry tried to wiggle free of his grasp.

"LET. ME. GO!"he screamed again.

"SHUT UP" Lucius roared. "Just shut it. I'm not letting you go until you have a nice visit with on old friend." Lucius laughed unpleasantly. Harry shook his head. He couldn't believe it. He was going to die.

They jogged along for what seemed like hours but was really only twenty minutes. Finally Lucius lowered Harry to the ground, but kept his wand pointed on him.

"Walk," Lucius ordered. Harry did as he was told. They were completely surrounded by trees and bushes. Harry wouldn't have been able to tell you which way they had come from. He noticed a small clearing where a strange red light was coming out of it. Lucius poked Harry in the back with his wand until they entered the clearing. The bright light, Harry saw, was coming from a large and magical fire in the middle of the clearing. The clearing was surrounded by the tallest trees Harry had ever seen. Harry looked around him. He saw noone except himself and Lucius. By his feet he heard a slithering sound. Looking down Harry saw a large snake. Voldemort's snake.

"Go tell your master we're here," Lucius said, apparently to the snake. Lucius, Harry could tell did not have the ability to speak Parseltongue.

But there was no need for Nagini to go get her master. From out of the shadows rose two heavily cloaked, masked figures. One had a rather petite frame of a woman. The other had buff shoulders, of a man.

"Excellent Lucius," the woman's voice cackled. Harry instantly recognised the voice. It was that of Bellatrix Lestrange. Instant hatred roared up inside Harry like none he'd felt before. He wiggled desperately, trying to break the magical bind. Voldemort was not the only one that wanted to kill tonight. Harry wanted to kill too.

* * * *

"Hermione..... Hermione come on...." A gentle voice floated in and out of Hermione's ears. She heard the words but had a hard time trying to understand them. She then felt cold water being splashed on her face. Hermione sputtered and opened her eyes. Light grey eyes and blonde hair blurred her view.

"Draco," she murmered. She tried to sit up but her head hurt too much. They sat in silence until Hermione finally mustered enough energy. She leaned against a tree. A familiar tree. Hermione and Draco, were once again in their spot by the lake, surrouned by trees and bushes.

"Your ok,"Draco said. Hermione heard the relief in his voice. Hermione kept her eyes closed as it hurt to open them. She let a small smile flutter across her lips.

"Weren't fighting much out their were you Malfoy?" Hermione said teasingly.

"Argh Hermione,"Draco pleaded. "Please don't start calling me Malfoy again." Hermione smiled again.

"Draco," she corrected herself.

"That's better," Draco said softly. "I didn't want to fight,"he said slowly. Hermione's eyes opened.

"You don't understand Hermione," Draco continued. "You don't know my dad like I do. You can't just turn on him like that. No... it's much harder then that."

"I know," Hermione whispered. "I just didn't want you to go."

"I didn't either..." he said. They looked at eachother for a long time. Draco suddenly looked at her wrist. Hermione put her hand behind her back

"What was that?" he asked curiosity on his face.

"Nothing," Hermione muttered. Draco leaned forward and pushed Hermione's sleeve up. On her wrist, was a thin silver chain with a silver heart dangling from it. Draco's heart exploded with emotion.

"You're.... wearing it," he said fingering it.

"Only tonight," Hermione said, not looking him in the eyes. "I needed it. I don't know why." Draco tilted her head so she had no choice but look at him. Hermione's eyes welled up.

"You picked evil over me," she whispered, a steady flow falling down her face.

"Hermione," Draco said. "I'm going to do the right thing. When this is over, I'm leaving. I'm going to be strong. I need you. I want to be with you." Hermione stared at him and started sobbing. She threw her hands around his neck and embraced him. Draco felt the cold of the silver from the bracelet, rubbing against his neck.

* * * *

"Mr. Potter." Harry jumped, though hatred still filled him. He turned around so he was facng the bushes oppisite them, where the voice had come from. The bushes where the two masked people were standing either side of it.

"All the times we've met," the voice said. The voice, Harry could tell was also filled with hatred. He saw the dark outline of someone walking towards him from the bushes. "All the times we've met," the voice repeated. "I know what I've done wrong. I've talked to much." The figure stepped out of the bushes.

"This time. I'm not gonna." He looked so menacing. The hunger was now more prenounced in his dark red eyes. Voldemort muttered a curse that let Harry hands and legs become free again.

"Harry Harry..." Voldemort taunted. "It's not good to have all that anger kept up in you." He turned so he was facing Bellatrix. "Apparently he wants to kill you my dear Bellatrix." The three Death Eaters and Lord Voldemort all let out a high cackle laugh. Harry turned red. He had forgotten Voldemort could see in his mind.

"Well that's not going to happen," Voldemort declared after they had finished laughing. "No no it isn't. There will only be one death tonight." He was staring at Harry right in the eyes. Harry stared right back.

But Lord Voldemort was wrong.

___________________________________________________

Hi everyone:o) Thanks for reviewing. I don't undertsand tho how come you guys need to review to read the next chapter.... i'm confused:S Can someone tell me? Doesn't really matter as long as you're reading:)