Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

An Unlikely Pair by Kyte

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Voldemort took a step closer to Harry.

"You know what?" he said. "Think of it this way. You'll be with your parents now. The entire wizarding world, who are against me will be screwed, but you Harry. You'll be happy." Voldermort laughed. "Kind of a selfish thing of you to do Harry. But, in your defense you don't really have any choice." Bellatrix Lestrange laughed.

"You'll be with your dear godfather too now I suppose," she said. The four figures laughed. Harry couldn't handle it. All the hatred that had ever been inside him, from that incidant blew over the top. He lunged at Bellatrix grabbing hold of her neck. He pulled out his wand but was immidiately dissarmed by Lucius Malfoy. He was blown off his feet backwards. Harry's wand flew into the air and Lucius caught it. He tucked it into the back pocket of his pants.

"Tsk tsk Harry," Voldemort tutted annoyingly. "You really need to control your anger." Bellatrix stood up again. She now had her wand out pointing at Harry.

"Do it master of I will," she said. Harry could see the anger in Bellatrix's eyes but knew it was nothing compared to the anger inside of him. Voldemort was now advancing on Harry.

"Any last words Potter?" Voldemort snarled. Harry turned so he was facing Lucius.

"You could get your buttocks blown off my having that wand in your back pocket," he said. Bellatrix laughed quietly.

"He has such a huge head. Like his father. He makes a joke when he's about to die. Get it over with master. Please."

"Stop nagging Bellatrix." But Voldemort raised his wand above his head. Lucius was behind him if he tried to run. "Ready Wormtail?" Voldemort whispered. Harry gasped. He looked at the masked figure he thought was a man. Harry realised that the man was actually standing on a small stump, giving the appearence that he was tall then he actually was. The man then stepped off of the stump and in a voice that could be none other then Peter Pettigrews said,"Of... course master."

Voldemort had been advancing on him, raising his wand. Harry, surprisingly was not the least bit afraid of that wand. What he was afraid of was him dying without Bellatrix getting what she deserved.

"Goodbye Harry," Voldemort whispered. "Avada Kedavra!"

"No!" Someone had knocked Harry out of the way of the spell. The spell had instead hit the person standing behind Harry. Lucius Malfoy, lay still on the ground eyes wide open. Cleary dead. Harry looked at his savior. His mask had slipped off his face and Peter Pettigrew was lying in a small ball next to Harry.

"PETTIGREW!" Voldemort screamed in the deadliest voice Harry had ever heard.

"Mm...mas...master," Pettigrew whimpered. "He saved my life once... I could not go on living without paying him back... I had to... go ahead now I... don't feel the need..."

"SHUT UP!" roared Voldemort. "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! YOU'VE DELAYED MY PLAN. YOU SHALL PAY FOR THIS. CRUCIO!" Pettigrew withered in pain screaming. Harry felt like his stomach had dropped. He knew what he had to do. As Peter screamed, Harry sprinted over to Lucius's body. He turned him over and retrieved his wand.

"DON'T YOU DARE MOVE POTTER!"

"I'll get him master!" Bellatrix lunged, but Harry was a skilled dodger thanks to Quidditch. He dodged her easily. Bellatrix head hit a large rock behind them with a sickening thunk! As Harry stood up he could see the blood already starting to ooze from a wound on the top of her head.

"POTTER!" Voldemort screamed. But Harry ran. He didn't know what direction, he just ran. He heard Voldemort behind him chasing him. Harry was light and very fast. He jumped over tree stumps and ducked under branchs with ease. Voldemort was a strong wizard though and blasted things out of his way. Soon he was no more then a foot behind Harry.

"I've waited to long Potter,"Voldemort screamed manically. "Too long!" Harry sped up. He didn't want to die. He had too many things left to do. Suddenly Harry heard Voldemort cry out with frustration.

"DUMBLEDORE!" Harru heard him scream. Harry whipped around to see Albus Dumbledore standing between Harry and Voldemort. Dumbledore whipped out his wand, and they were soon in a heated battle.

"Run Harry!" Dumbledore yelled. "The others will take care of you. Be careful! The battles over but many Death Eaters are still walking around. Run straight this'll lead you out of the forest!" Harry turned around again and ran like mad. He ran for another ten minutes before he exited the forest. Harry was exhausted but he couldn't stop now. His legs where screaming at him to let them rest but he couldn't. He just ran, past the bodies, past the lake, into the safe entrance hall of Hogwarts. Where his legs then gave out and Harry passed out on the floor.

* * * *

"Hermione," Draco whispered. "I think it's over." Hermione opened her eyes and looked at him. She hadn't been sleeping. There had been much to noise for that. Horrible sounds. People in pain, people screaming for others. Hermione tried to put the vision of Ron or Harry being tortured out of her mind.

"I don't want to leave," Hermione said, also whispering. They were still in their spot by the lake. They had felt so secluded and safe there they hadn't left.

"I know," Draco said. "But we have to." He stood up and offered his hand to Hermione who accepted and he helped her stand up. He lead her out of the bushes. As soon as they walked out Hermione gasped. Dawn was coming and the sun was slowly creeping up. They could see all of Hogwarts grounds. Bodies were everywhere. Hermione felt her legs go weak. She stumbled and Draco held her up.

"Don't look at it," Draco said turning her towards the castle. They walked to the oak front doors and walked in. The hall was completely deserted, Hermione guess because all the students were in their common rooms and many people must be in the hospital wing.

"Ms. Granger, Mr Malfoy," came a voice from their left. It was Professor Dumbledore.

"Is Harry ok Professor?"

"Who won?"

"Is Ron ok?"

"Is You-Know-Who dead?" Dumbledore put up a hand to silence the two teenagers.

"I was going to bring you two to my office and tell you everything, but I see you are very impatient," said Professor smiling slightly. He looked pointedly at Draco's arm which was wrapped around Hermione's shoulders. He quickly removed it. Dumbledore shrugged.

"I have no problem with young love," Dumbledore said. "No problem at all. But I am guess that Mr Malfoy has..."

"Completely Professor. I want nothing to do with the Dark side or my father anymore." Dumbledore nodded but did not continue smiling.

"Well this is where I should start I suppose..." Professor Dumbledore turned so he was facing Draco. "From what Harry told me-"

"So Harry's ok?" Hermione interupted. Dumbledore sighed.

"Yes Hermione he's fine. But you'll need to stop interupting me."

"Sorry," Hermione mumbled blushing slightly. Dumbledore continued.

"From what Harry told me, Lord Voldemort tried to kill Harry, but Harry got out of the way and it hit the person standing behind Harry," Dumbledore said solemnly. "Your father is..."

"Dead?" Draco asked with no expression. Dumbledore nodded. Hermione gasped and Draco sighed.

"Well it makes things a little less complicated," Draco said, though he did not look happy. Dumbledore continued.

"Noone won. Many people died as you can tell, but most were their side. When Voldemort failed to kill Harry he fled. Of course first him and myself had to battle," Dumbledore added that last part in a bitter tone. Hermione laughed.

"Harry's fine. He collapsed from exhaustion but he's fine now. He'll tell you exactly what happened when you visit him I'm sure." Hermione nodded.

"Ron is currently with Harry I think. He also came out of the battle with only a broken wrist and a few cuts and bruises. Tonks and Remus are both all ok too." When Dumbledore finished Hermione smiled.

"Good," she said. She turned and looked at Draco who was staring at the ground.

"I have much to attend to. I'll leave you two. I suggest you go to your common rooms though," Dumbledore said. He turned on his heel and walked away. Hermione was still looking at Draco. She through her arms around his neck and kissed him softly.

"Are you ok?" she asked. Draco finally looked up from the floor and into her eyes.

"Yeah," he said. She grabbed his hand and the two walked up to the hospital wing to see Harry.

* * * *

Harry told them all that had happened. Hermione was quite terrified at the prospect of Harry being so close to dying. When Harry saw Hermione walk in with Draco hand in hand he stared at Draco.

"Hey uh.... sorry for all those years you know I uh..." Draco said uncomfortably.

"It's ok," Harry said. "Start over?" Draco smiled too.

"Yeah."

Draco and Harry were never that good of friends, but they both respected eachother from then on. The same went with Ron, though it took him a little longer to trust him.

All the students were ordered to stay in the castle, as the teachers "cleaned up" the grounds. Many of the students pestered Harry, Ron, Hermione and Draco about what happened but they simply ignored them. They weren't ready to talk about it yet.

Mr and Mrs Weasley had come out fine also from the battle, though Mr Weasley had quite a blow to his chest and needed to go to St Mungo's for a couple of days.

Most students gave Hermione and Draco strange stares as they walked down the hallways hand in hand. They ignored that too though. They were happy.

Draco was going to live with his mother for awhile, while she got over the death of her husband, but eventually Draco took the large sum of money his father had left him and moved out.

Ron again started dating his old girlfriend Sophie and Harry would regularly sneek off with Parvati Patil. Neither Harry, Hermione, Draco or Ron ever mentioned the kiss Harry and Hermione had shared. They guessed they'd never know what happened that night.

Pansy never had a boyfriend after Draco. She shriveled up and became a loner.

On the last day when they were returning to the muggle world on the Hogwarts Express Hermione and Draco were standing together while everyone else got off the train. Draco was looking at the steam engine.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Hermione asked. Draco put his hand around her waist.

"Yeah. I think I am." He smiled and kissed her.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Omb I'm done:S. wow. this feels weird. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WHILE I'M TALKING ON MSN OR HAVE NOTHING TO DO. THERE WON'T BE A STORY TO WRITE:-(. I must start a new one:).
Lol hope you guys liked it. Thanks to my regular reviewers:dracolover, escapexreality, wizard girl, daRkzhad0wcaSt3r (who was there for awhile) and lucillaq.
Watch for my new story! Can't wait to start it.
Love,
Kyte