Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

An Unlikely Pair by Kyte

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The following day Harry would not look at her. The night before Harry and Hermione had walked back to the castle in silence. Harry had gone straight up the marble staircase and back to the Gryffindor dormitory. Hermione thought about going to the dance but also continued on to the dormitory. Ron did not get into his bed until 12:00am. He wanted to wake Harry but decided against it. The next morning all three of them had differant lessons and Hermione thought that was best. She struggled to listen in her first lesson, Transfiguration. She knew she should be listening to Professor McGonagall talking about how to transfigure furniture. She knew it was an important lesson. But somehow her mind kept drifting back to the lake lastnight. Why did Harry and her have to kiss? I mean did it even mean anything. Thoughts raced through her head until she could barely stand it. But all them seemed to come to, What would I have to do for Draco? The bell rang signaling break and Hermione slowly put her books into her backpack.

"Ms. Granger can I speak to you for a moment", asked Professor McGonagall from the front of the class. Hermione walked slowly to the desk.

"I noticed today that you weren't as alert as usual Ms, Granger,"McGonnagall said."I was wondering if there was anything you'd like to tell me?" Ya like I would tell you I'm going to be canoodling with the enemies son, thought Hermione.

"I'm sorry Professor, no it's nothing I was just thinking about the dance that's all" Well atleast it was half true.

"Ok then you may go". Hermione looked for Harry and Ron at break and finally found them in the Great Hall talking.

"Hermione! Where did you go lastnight?" said Ron. Hermione noticed Harry staring at her.

"Umm, just for a walk sorry. So who was the girl?" Ron told her all about the girl, Sophie, that asked him to dance. Hermione tried to listen but once again found herself looking at Harry. He, as usual, was staring at the ground. Hermione knew Harry would never tell Ron about what happened. The bell rang signaling end of break and Harry and Ron headed of to Charms, while Hermione headed for Arithmancy.

She was walking down the 4th floor corridor when someone darted from her right and pushed her into an open cupboard. Hermione was about to scream when a deep voice muttered, "Lumos", and she realised who it was.

"Geesh Malfoy, you couldn't have talked to me in a less painful way?" said Hermione, rubbing her shoulder where he had hit her.

"Sorry Granger but noone can see us. Except for Pansy ofcourse." He grinned. Hermione sighed.

"So what are you planning?" asked Hermione.

"Well I was thinking, as we all are in the same Charms class, and I know she always heads to the girls loos after Charms, we could maybe do something around there."

"And what exactly do you mean by something?" Hermione said look in his eyes.

"I don't know. We'll just go with the flow." He grinned again. Hermione rolled her eyes and started to stand up.

"Fine. I'll meet you after Charms." She opend the door and hurried to her class. Charms, she thought, Charms was today.

Her next few classes went pretty much the same as Transfiguration went. She just couldn't concentrate. She ate lunch in silence while Harry and Ron talked. Charms was her last class of the day, and when the bell rang signalling the end of it she had butterflies in her stomach. What was she supposed to do?

She walked out quickly and saw Draco walking a few steps infront of her towards the girls loo. Pansy was taking her time getting her books, which would work well for them. By the time they got to the Girls Loos on the 5th floor, the hall was completely deserted except for Hermione and Malfoy. He stood casually by the wall waiting for her to catch up.

"Ready?" said Malfoy.

"You're rather enjoying this aren't you?"said Hermione.

"Yes, actually, I think I am." He smiled then. Not a sleezy, evil smile, Hermione had seen on his face, but a soft, almost normal one. But she didn't have enough time to analize it as they heard footsteps and looked down the long hallway to see Pansy turning the corner by herself.

Draco turned Hermione and pushed her against the wall. He had his hands on her waist. Hermione, not knowing what to do, put her hands around his neck. He looked into her eyes and said,"It's so hard to find some time where we can just be alone." He said it so convincingly Hermione couldn't answer right away. She saw out of the corner of her eye, Pansy duck into a broom cupboard. Hermione could tell she was still watching though.

"I know,"Hermione said loudly."There always seems to be someone there.

"I couldn't wait to see you again." Then before Hermione could do anything he pulled her into his chest and gently kissed her lips. Hermione just stood there not knowing what to do. She could feel his tongue in her mouth and suddenly, against her better judgement, started to like it. She started to kiss him back. He had her pinned up against the wall, but she didn't care. Her body seemed to mold into his. They continued until Hermione opened her eyes and realised Pansy had left. She pulled away from him. There was an awkward silence. She finally looked up and they locked eyes. For a split second Hermione saw something there in his eyes she had never seen before. Almost like he didn't want to be anywhere else in the world at that moment. But it was only there for a second. His usual evil sneer came back.

"Not bad Granger. Who knew mudbloods could kiss like that."Hermione couldn't believe it.

"Good-bye Malfoy. I did what you asked me to do, now let's leave it alone." She turned on her heel and walked down the hall away from him.