Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

An Unlikely Pair by Kyte

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hermione returned to the common room long after most people had gone to bed. Harry and Ron however were still sitting in chairs off to the side. Hermione walked across the common room without even noticing them. She had a small smile on her face. Harry and Ron looked at eachother in amazment.

Walking in to the Great Hall for breakfast Hermione quickly scanned the tables and quickly found Draco talking to Crabbe at their table. He smiled at her over his shoulder. Hermione returned his smile. They both knew, they'd never tell about lastnight.

Hermione got through her classes with no struggle. She answered the teachers questions correctly. All the time she wore a small smile on her lips.

As she was making her way to Charms, which was her last class, she was suddenly violently hip checked from someone darting out from her right into an open broom cupboard. "Lumos", said a deep voice. Hermione smiled. The light lit up the small cupboard.

"You know Draco, there are other ways to talk to me in private. And they're not so painful," said Hermione. Draco smiled. Hermione's stomach did a sommersault.

"Sorry,"said Draco. "I wanted to talk to you." He leaned in and gave her a gentle kiss on her lips. Hermione kept her eyes closed a few moments longer, savouring the kiss.

"Look I just wanted to tell you that I have to go home for Christmas next week", said Draco. Hermione's eyes snapped open.

"Now? You can't now!"

"I'm so sorry," he leaned in and gave her another soft kiss. "I have to. My mom sent me an owl this morning saying she really wanted me to come home." Draco had a strange expression on his face.

"What's wrong Draco?"

"Nothing, it's just my mom's never actually requested me to come home. It's nothing to worry about, I'm just surprised that's all." Hermione instantly felt pity for him.

"It won't be that long Hermione. I'll cut it short I promise. Right now I don't want to be anywhere else." Hermione smiled. He lent in one more time and kissed her softly.

"See ya later." He stood up and walked out of the cupboard. Hermione sighed. She couldn't help but be a little worried about what he said.

The next two weeks leading up to Christmas break, was filled with classes, homework, and most aspecially meeting in secret to be together.

On the lastnight before Draco had to leave he handed Hermione a small package.

"It's for Christmas, but open it right now ok?"he whispered, even though there was no possible way anyone could hear them. She opened it slowly letting the gold wrapping paper fall to the ground. She was left with a blue velvet box. She slowly opened the lid. It contained a thin silver bracelet.

"Oh Draco...," she whispered. She pulled it out. It was simple, with a small heart hanging in the middle of it.

He took it from her hands and wrapped it around her wrist. He clipped it and looked into her eyes. They had filled with tears.

"Thankyou."

"No problem." He leaned in for a last kiss before they had to depart.

"Hurry back," she whispered in his ear.