Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

An Unlikely Pair by Kyte

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Draco left the next morning. Hermione, even though she couldn not be with Draco, found the Christmas break very fun and relaxing. It seemed like old times, just her, Harry and Ron. They played Wizard Chess, talked, wrapped presents, went into Hogsmeade. They talked everyday, Hermione learned about Ron's girlfriend Sophie, who she got along with very well. Even Harry seemed to decide to perk up and act his usual self during Christmas.

She wanted to wear her bracelet at every possible moment but knew she couldn't. If Ron or Harry saw it, there would be questions. She could tell Harry wasn't as suspicious as he was before. All in all things were going well in Hermione's life.

Draco and the rest of the students came back two weeks later. Hermione and Draco couldn't see eachother the first night back, as there was so much stuff going on. Friends greeting friends, unpacking and trying to catch up on homework were just some of the things the end of Christmas break meant. The next day after they got back was a school day. Hermione attended her lessons. Once and a while she would pass Draco in the hallway. They tried not to make eye contact as to make it too obvious but they couldn't help it. They had to see eachother.

That night they both had the same idea. They both went out for a walk, and both somehow ended up at the same place in front of the lake, secluded by the bushes. Draco arrived second and didn't waste anytime. He pulled her close to him and kissed her repeatedly on the lips. He could feel the coldness of the silver on Hermione bracelet rubbing against his neck.

After awhile he slowly pulled away and smiled.

"How was your break?"he asked.

"Not bad,"she replied. "You?"

"Kind of strange actually. I've never seen my mom being so nice to me before. Sime parts weren't as great." he sighed and Hermione knew he didn't want her to pry.

Hermione slowly stood up and beckoned him to too. "Let's go for a walk. It's pretty dark noone will see,"Hermione suggested. So they started to walk, talking mostly about Hermione's break. They walked farther and farther until they were walking along the outskirts of the Forbidden Forest.

"Looks so much more scarey at night," Hermione said. They both smiled remembering in their first year when they had both been forced to go into the forest as punishment. As they stopped for a moment to rest, they distinctivly heard a crack. It sounded like a twig snapping. They both looked at eachother.

"Sounds like someones in there," said Draco. They both slowly took a step away.

'Oh my god...,"Hermione whispered. They could hear more twigs snapping, and 3 dark shapes heading in there directions.

"Run...,"Draco whispered. "RUN!" They both turned.

"Draco...,"called a deep, evil voice, calling from the forest. "Stop." Hermione looked at Draco. His eyes opened in horror.

"It's my father,"he whispered. Sure enough turning around they both saw Lucius Malfoy, standing at the forest. Two other men were standing behind them. They all had their Death Eater masks on. But Draco and Hermione could both tell it was Lucius. Noone else had that deep, evil voice, or that long greasey blond hair.

"F...Father," Draco said fearfully. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." Lucius looked at Hermione pointedly. Draco automatically stepped in front of her, protecting her.

"I thought it was incredible, no way, unbelievabe, stupidity,"Lucius whispered. "When one of my fellow Death Eaters told me that their child had seen you, Draco, and that Mudblood, canoodling. Not my son, I said. No way. Draco is much to faithful for THAT!" Hermione saw Draco shaking.

"Father stop this! I am old enough to make my own decisions! I'm not like you! I love Hermione."

"SHUT UP!"screamed Lucius. "And don't you dare call me father, as you are no son of mine, until I get you straightened out. You're going to take alittle break. You're coming with me." Draco moved backwards.

"No," Draco whispered. "I won't! I'm happy here."

"Crucio," said Lucius. Draco screamed out in pain. He dropped to the ground shaking and screaming in agaony.

"Draco!"screamed Hermione. She dropped to his side, feeling helpless. tears poured down her face.

"Move aside Mudblood." Lucius walked up to Hermione and hit her on her face. Hermione was screaming at the top of her lungs. Lucius muttered something through her screams and tight ropes shot out of his wand and wrapped themselves around Draco.

"Hermione!"he sobbed. Lucius slowly, with help of his two fellow Death Eaters carried him back into the forest, leaving the sixteen year-old-girl on the ground sobbing curled into a ball. They continued on into the forest, as it started to rain.