Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Battle for All by Humansitis

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Draco and Dee returned shortly to the Slytherin dungeon. Taking off his scarf and getting ready to go up to his room, Draco pointed Dee to her dorm and watched as she skipped up the stairs and disappeared. He went the other way to his private room. On the wooden door a green metal sign reading “Prefect Draco Malfoy” was nailed to it. Draco pushed the heavy door open lazily with one arm, took one big leap, and landed on his bed with a bounce. It forced out all the breath he had held in his chest. His body slowly molded itself into the soft comfy bed and before he even thought about getting under the blankets, he was peacefully asleep.
**

Hermione awoke tied tightly to a badly sanded down wooden stake in the middle of a dark cave. Harry was chained to a stone wall across from her; she could barely see him in the torchlight. “Harry!” she whispered loudly across the room. Harry shook his disheveled head of hair, sending dust particles flying, and looked up half surprised and half happy. He had mud stains all over his sweaty face, which made him look like a cute action figure. Harry put a finger to his pursed lips, but it was too late; Voldemort had already swept into the dungeon with the gracefulness of a swan.

“I’m glad you are awake, Mudblood,” he said as though he were caring.

Hermione viciously glared at Voldemort, although prickly shivers ran continuously through her body at the mere sight of him.

“I have a proposition,” he proposed quietly. “Tell me what I want to know, and I’ll spare your lives for now.” He started pacing the length of the room and although he was simply walking back and forth, he still had the ability to make it look frightening. “That girl I saw tonight with Draco, who is she?”

Hermione looked away stubbornly as Voldemort neared her. Voldemort sneered and grabbed her by the chin with his cold bony fingers and dug his nails into her face. He forced her to look at him and continued, “I said, who is the girl that was with Draco tonight?” Hermione continued to remain silent, glaring menacingly at him while doing so. Voldemort scoffed and let go of her face, only to return his hand to her cheek with a loud crack. Hermione felt herself lose balance as her head met with the wooden pole behind her. She gripped the ropes tied around her wrists with her fingers to steady herself. Harry jumped up and charged at the Dark Lord but was restrained when his chains reached the maximum of their length. Voldemort laughed loudly with his eerie voice, making it echo through the whole dungeon. “Tell me who she is, and I’ll spare your lives,” Voldemort resumed.

Hermione looked him straight in the eyes and responded, “You want to know who she is?” She stopped to look as Voldemort’s greedy face lit up in hopes of an answer. “Your mom,” she finished.

Voldemort’s face went blank for a couple seconds. First confusion came over him, then comprehension, then purified anger. He raised his wand arm to Hermione’s torso and smiled before his cruel lips began to shape the word, “Avada…”

“Wait!” Harry hollered, kicking a foot hard on the ground, hurling chunks of dirt onto Voldemort’s cloak. Voldemort turned around irritated. “Her name is Dee,” Harry confided ashamedly.

“Dee?” Voldemort repeated, scrunching up his eyes with suspicion. “Where is she from? Why is she here?”

“I don’t know,” Harry replied truthfully.

“Don’t lie boy!” Voldemort hissed, striding over to him.

“If you have a question for me, why don’t you just ask yourself?”

Voldemort spun around mid step to see a blonde hair boy standing at the entrance of the cave wearing a white shirt, black slacks, and a long coat protecting it all.

“Draco,” Voldemort greeted in surprise. “You are earlier than I expected.”

Draco sneered. “What are they doing here?” he asked, pointing towards Harry and Hermione.

“They conveniently stumbled into our lair. I thought it would be hospitable to let them spend the night after a long day,” Voldemort replied sardonic smile.

Draco laughed without mirth and walked towards Hermione. He gently placed a hand on her cheek, which warmed him up immediately. Hermione pulled back at the touch of his freezing hand and watched him concernedly as he enjoyed her warmth. She had never been the warmer one of them two, but then again, he had never talked to Voldemort like they were old friends before. Draco leaned in without warning and placed a soft kiss on her lips, keeping their eyes locked the whole time. Hermione couldn’t read his eyes or expression; they were so detached and gray, she could barely tell that it was human. He then turned his head and looked at Harry, who was watching them carefully. “I know you want her, Harry,” he said simply. “But you just couldn’t wait could you?”

Harry felt a lurch in his stomach. “Leave her alone, Malfoy,” Harry warned, his breathing was fierce and anger boiled dangerously inside his chest.

Draco laughed. “Or what? You’ll talk me to death? I’ll do whatever I want Potter.” He turned back to Hermione and this time kissed her with more force. Hermione squirmed and managed to say into his mouth, “Draco, stop this…” She felt his lips widen into a smile, and he pulled away.

He sighed, bored of provoking Harry. “Let them go,” Draco said in a commanding voice towards Voldemort. “They won’t remember any of this anyway; you saw how well it worked on me, not even a truth spell could pull it out of my mind.”

“Very well,” the Dark Lord replied. And with one swift wave of his hand, Harry and Hermione were sent through the vortexes in the roof and asleep on the ground in the middle of the Forbidden Forest.

Draco walked out of the room and entered a much grander one that was lined with gold and had furniture and proper lighting. He sat down on the nearest couch and waited for Voldemort to join him.

“Dee is a student from Germany,” he said as he observed the Dark Lord walking in.

“How much does she know?” Voldemort responded.

“About what? I told her nothing. She knows nothing about you.”

“Good. Keep it that way,” he replied.

Draco nodded and got up. “Well, if you’ve nothing for tonight, I should head back to my room.”

“Be ready for a mission tomorrow.”

“What do you plan on having me do?” Draco asked curiously.

“You will see…”Voldemort replied as he walked away.

Draco watched him leave then quickly levitated himself through the vortex that transported him to his room.

**
“How’d you do that?!” a girl asked.

Draco jumped back and stared wide eyed at Dee, who was sitting patiently on his bed.

“What are you doing in here?!” Draco asked angrily.

“I need a pillow! There weren’t any pillows on the bed…probably because no one was occupying that room during the school year, but that’s not an issue anymore. How did you just appear out of thin air in the middle of Hogwarts, a place packed with anti-everything spells?!”

Draco raised an eyebrow. “What are you talking about?” he asked confused.

“What do you mean what am I talking about?!” Dee replied, twice as confused. “You just apparated inside Hogwarts!”

“Don’t be ridiculous!” Draco laughed. When Dee didn’t join him, he frowned. “I was here the whole time! I just finished a book, and was putting in back on the shelf. It’s you who decided to pop in here and surprise me.”

Dee narrowed her eyes. “Something isn’t right here,” she said as she stood up. Before Draco could do anything, Dee drew out her wand and paralyzed him, sending him sideways onto his bed.

“I think I know why your friends were performing that truth spell on you now, Draco.”

“Hmwaimmmma,” Draco replied, unable to speak because his mouth wouldn’t move.

Dee ignored him and pinned him down on the bed by straddling him. “Now be still, this might hurt a little,” she said as she stabbed her wand into his chest. Draco let out a muffled howl. Dee’s wand went straight through his chest. Draco watched with wide eyes, amazed that he was still alive. Dee was muttering something under her breath when suddenly a bright light hit her. She swung her head back and seemed to disappear into the light. The light left as she let out the breath of air she was holding. Immediately after she came back to earth, she bounced off Draco and ran to the nearest wall.


“Hmmmat!” Draco cried.

“You’re…” Dee began, but the shock in her was too big for her to be able to finish the sentence.
**
Hermione woke up to a pair of green eyes gazing worryingly at her.

“Harry?” she asked.

“I woke up and found us asleep in the forest,” Harry said immediately. “And I can’t go up to the girl’s dormitories so I brought you to my room.”

Hermione sat up. “How’d we fall asleep in the middle of the forest?!”

“I don’t know.”

She blinked as she thought of the possibilities. “Draco.”

At once, she jumped off Harry’s bed and was down the stairs and out of the portrait hole. Harry ran to catch up to her. Within a minute they were standing in front of the Slytherin portrait hole.

“Now what?” Harry asked.

“Diablo!” Hermione said to the portrait, and it swung open.

“How’d you know the password?!” Harry exclaimed.

“Draco told me,” Hermione replied simply. Harry glared as she walked past him, not wanting to know why Draco gave her the password. Hermione automatically walked towards Draco’s room, leaving Harry to follow her curiously. She opened the door and saw Draco lying in a very awkward position on the bed. She walked over to him, but then someone behind her warned, “Stay away from him.”

She turned to face Dee, who had her wand out, pointed at Draco. “What are you doing here?” Hermione asked angrily, then shot Draco a dirty look.

“I was going to ask him for a pillow when he mysteriously apparated into his room,” Dee replied.

Hermione sigh loudly and said, “You CAN’T apparate on Hogwarts grounds!! Read Hogwarts: A History people!!”

“I know!” Dee exclaimed. “That’s why I bound him with a paralyzing spell.”

She took a step towards Hermione and Draco. “He’s not who you think he is, Hermione. He’s very dangerous.”

Hermione gripped the wand inside her robes. “What do you know about him?’

“More than you know,” Dee replied.

Hermione turned around to look at Draco, who was lying helplessly on his bed. “Finite Incantatem!” she commanded as she pulled out her wand.

Dee gasped and took two steps back. Draco sat up and looked up at Hermione.

“Is what she said true?” she asked him.

“What? The apparating crap?!” Draco responded, somewhat offended. “You know no one can do that on Hogwarts grounds.”

“I don’t know what to believe anymore,” Hermione said, plopping herself on the floor, burying her head in her hands. “Harry woke up in the forest, and we don’t remember how we fell asleep, or anything else about late tonight for that matter.”

Draco raised an eyebrow. “And this has to do with me how?”

“The last person we were with was you, Draco,” Hermione replied. “Do you have something to tell us?”

“No!” Draco said, frustrated. “Why do you guys have to keep accusing me?! Wasn’t that truth spell enough to prove that I’m innocent? Do you have to keep riding me until I become evil? Is that what you want?!”

Hermione stood up and placed a hand on Draco’s soft cheek. “Of course not. But there’s just so many things that can’t be explained. And Dee said that you apparated into your room, and”“

“You believe her?!” Draco shouted incredulously.

“I saw Death Eaters apparate on the grounds Draco!” Hermione replied equally loud. “So unless if you have some Nobel Prize explanation to all of this, then yes, I do believe her!”

“Are you calling me a Death Eater?” Draco whispered dangerously.

“That’s not what I said!” Hermione replied, throwing her arms in the air.

“Get out.” Draco stood up and glared at the three unwelcome beings in his room. “I SAID GET OUT!”

Harry gladly opened the door and left; Dee followed with much speed. Hermione stood firm in her spot. Draco took her by the arm and pulled her to the door.

“Draco, stop!” she wailed with difficulty. “I’m going to get to the bottom of this!” Hermione said, as she kicked him in the shin.

“OW!” Draco yelled, bending over to hold his leg. Hermione shut the door and locked it. She then pushed Draco onto his bed and walked towards him.

“I’m not going to bind you or use any spell on you. I just want you to talk to me. Tell me the truth Draco. Please…I’m going crazy here! I just want the truth from you…” Hermione cried exasperatedly, breaking into tears.

Draco sighed and slid off the bed. He held her tightly, steadying her shaking as she cried.

“Hermione,” he said into her hair. “I really don’t know what Dee is talking about. I swear. And I don’t know what happened in the forest, or why Death Eaters can apparate on the school grounds. What I do know is that I’m telling you the truth. Okay?”

Hermione sniffed and looked up into Draco’s eyes. They were honest enough; she nodded and buried her head into his chest.
**

Harry paced angrily around the Slytherin common room while Dee sat herself on a couch watching him, slightly amused.

“Draco can’t be trusted you know,” she said at last. Harry stopped walking and looked at her.

“What do you know about him?” he asked, all too ready to hear anything that would discredit Draco’s newfound personality.

“I know I saw him apparate into his room. I know he’s working with Voldemort. What I don’t know is how he’s hiding it so well. I think he’s even hiding it from himself somehow…that’s why he’s so good at playing innocent. Hermione had better stay away from him. He’s dangerous.”

Harry stared at her for two seconds then charged at Draco’s door. It easily flew open, which in return sent Harry into Draco’s bookshelf. But Harry didn’t just stop at the bookshelf, for it swung with the force that hit it and sent Harry through the wall. Harry screamed and ran out the other way, back into Draco’s room. Draco stood up, holding Hermione in his arms.

“How’d…how’d you do that?!” Draco shouted. “Where’d that go?!”

“Why don’t you tell me, Draco?” Harry replied nastily. He pulled out his wand and pointed it at Draco. “Is there something you would like to share before I kill you?”

Hermione stepped in front of Draco and pushed Harry’s wand towards the ground. “Harry, cut this out. Slytherin dungeons have secret chambers everywhere, there’s a good chance Draco really didn’t know about that one!”

“Why don’t you explain this then?” Harry asked as he forcefully took Hermione by the shoulder and shoved her at the shelf. Hermione flew through the wall, screamed, and reappeared on the other side.

“So? You were going to explain how Draco could possibly not know about that,” Harry said.

“I…” Hermione began, but stepped behind Harry. Draco furrowed his eyebrows and walked to the shelf, putting a steady hand on it. He turned his head to look at the two frightened teenagers behind him.

“I really don’t know what’s behind this…” he said finally before he pushed his hand and walked with the bookshelf’s swing. It was completely dark in the room. Draco walked further into the room and suddenly everything lit up. There were rows and rows of stone boulders filling the room; all with something round and shiny on it. Draco walked closer to look at one of them and when he saw a blonde baby with red slit eyes and nostrils like a deadly snake’s, he stumbled back with fear and ran back through the wall. He was so out of breath when he reappeared in his room that he didn’t have time to see that Harry was going to stupefy him. He was knocked out before he could plead innocence.
**

Voldemort entered Arthur Weasley’s underground compartment. The red haired man was sitting peacefully on the floor, as if he were meditating.

“Arthur,” Voldemort said, bringing his presence to the man’s attention. Mr. Weasley looked up and smiled.

“What can I do for you Tom?”

“For the millionth time, do not call me Tom,” Voldemort replied annoyed.

“Oh right, sorry Tom,” Arthur apologized. Voldemort rolled his eyes and decided to blame the man’s stupidity on the spell he was under.

“I need you to go to Hogwarts tonight.”

“What for?” Arthur asked suspiciously.

“Pay your respects to Dumbledore, of course. We can’t have you suddenly disappear with no explanation. You will make up a nice believable story during your visit to a sick old friend; I’m sure he’ll pass it along to your family. Otherwise, Molly will worry and stick her nose in places it doesn’t belong.”

Arthur stared blankly at him for a moment, and then nodded. “Then I shall be off.”

“Wait!” Voldemort said, offering a bottle of wine to him. “Give this as a present to the Headmaster. And drink this before you go,” he finished, handing Arthur a red vial of potion.

Arthur downed the magical liquid in one gulp and disappeared through a vortex, holding a nice bottle of 1787 Chateau Lafite.
**

Harry, Hermione, and Dee headed to the library to research spells that could make someone forget something they’ve done, but as Hermione had said, it was already closed; Harry, familiar with breaking and entering, shoved the lame excuse to leave out of the way, and covered them with his invisibility cloak (which he summoned), then walked straight into the restricted section.

“So what exactly are we looking for?” he whispered.

“Anything on Memory spells, maybe even confusion spells,” Hermione replied.

“Don’t forget illegal spells,” Dee added in.

Harry nodded and started scanning the shelves.

“I think we’d be faster if we divide and conquer,” Dee commented after a while.

“But there’s only one invisibility cloak,” Harry reminded her.

“So? I know a couple tricks of my own. Hermione and I can use the invisibility spell.”

“But that’s dangerous! Do you know what could happen if we messed up?!” Hermione said, a bit louder than Harry felt comfortable.

“We won’t mess up, I’ve done it tons of times, don’t worry. I’ll cast it on the both of us so you don’t have to stress.”

Hermione bit her lip, but decided that that was the best thing to do.

Harry stepped back so the two of them had their space, then Dee took her wand, circled it on top of Hermione’s and her own head, and muttered, “Invisum!” They instantly vanished in front of Harry’s eyes.

“Did it work?” Hermione asked, afraid to open her eyes.

“Yeah! I can’t see you anymore!” Harry responded excitedly. “Dee, you gotta show me that spell later!”

Dee laughed and replied, “Alright, but let’s find those books and get the hell outta here.”

“Wait, before you go…launch red sparks for danger and white sparks for found something, okay?” Hermione said.

Dee nodded, but then said yes, remembering that a nod was useless when she was invisible.

Harry had already skipped off to another shelf, being familiar with the code.

Hermione was searching a row of reversal spells to memory charms when a light in the hallway caught her eye. She immediately launched bright red flames into the air and quietly neared the door to see who it was. She didn’t have to see any more than the bright red head bobbing up and down in the dark hallway to know who it was. Unable to wait for Harry and Dee, she opened the door and quietly slipped out.
**

Ron awoke to a violent shake.

“Heavens sake Ron! Are you deaf or dead?!” Ginny cried.

Ron groaned and pushed his sister’s hand off of his shoulder, turning to face the wall.

“Ronald Weasley, get your lazy butt up this instant!” Ginny threatened, pulling out her wand. That got Ron’s attention with much more effect, he sat up and gave Ginny an annoyed look.

“What do you want Gin?” he asked aggravated.

“Where’s Hermione and Harry?” she asked, putting her wand away.

“I dunno,” he responded lazily, straightening his hair by patting his head in random places.

“What if something went wrong?!” Ginny replied, angered that her brother didn’t seem to care that their two best friends were missing.

“Fine! We’ll go look for them, but I’m telling you now, we probably won’t see them.”

Ginny huffed at his pessimistic attitude and walked out of the room so he could get dressed.
**

Draco was revived shortly after Dee, Hermione, and Harry had gone on their search for books on spells. Voldemort was to thank, but Draco didn’t feel like thanking him.

“What the hell are those things behind that wall?” Draco asked testily.

Voldemort smiled. “It’s sad you don’t remember my boy. We created them together.”

Draco felt something come up from his stomach and was unable to keep it down when the acid touched his throat. He leaned forward, pulled the Dark Lord in and vomited down his robes. Voldemort let out a disgusted cry and pushed Draco away.

“Damn boy! These are my only robes!”

Draco looked up greenly and gave him a smirk. “That’ll teach you to harass innocent boys.”

“What on Earth are you talking about?!” Voldemort replied, still looking down at his ruined robes.

“Those…” Draco began, pointing his index finger to the bookshelf. “Those things in there! They look like me! Except they look like you! What did you do to me?!”

Voldemort laughed shrilly. “Only what I was meant to do to you. You are the key. You are what will make me the strongest immortal on this earth. It is your purpose in life Draco.”

“What do you mean I’m the key?” Draco replied in a dangerously low voice. “The key to what?”

“When your father told me he was expecting a new child, he wanted to kill you so that nothing could stand in his way of serving me, but I suggested that he use you to better serve me. You see, you had a brother before you were born, but unfortunately, he did not make it. Lucius did not want to suffer the loss of a child again, so he thought it would be easier to kill you before he knew you. I told him that would be a waste of a good pureblood. I convinced him to make you before you were actually made. You are not real, Draco. You are what we created, your father and I. We fed your mother with specially prepared foods so that your genetics would be changed to specifically suit your job. And your job is to make my perfect army. My sons.”

Draco felt another lurch in his stomach, but passed out before he could retch again.
**

“Headmaster?”

Dumbledore looked up from his bed and was surprised to see a lanky man with bright red hair standing at his bedpost holding a bottle of fine wine.

“Ar-Arthur?” Dumbledore asked weakly.

“Please, lie back down,” Mr. Weasley replied, gently pushing the old man onto his pillow.

“We thought- we thought we had lost you! Ginny came by earlier today with some very interesting news.”

“And what has my little girl been up to now?” Mr. Weasley asked with a dashing smile.

“Tell me Arthur, what have you been doing lately? Leaving without telling your family, or the ministry?”

“I’ve been doing some undercover work, but since Ginny and Ron already saw what I was doing, I figured it was safe to come out and visit the people I love before they get the wrong idea.”

“Why didn’t you tell me that you were going to do such a dangerous task?” Dumbledore asked, narrowing his eyebrows. “I would have had Snape watch over you.”

“I don’t need to be watched over anymore Headmaster, I’m not one of your little students.”

Dumbledore frowned slightly at the man with emotionless eyes and fake sympathy.

“Anyway,” Arthur resumed, feeling uncomfortable under Dumbledore’s gaze. “I brought you this fine bottle of wine.”

He tilted the wine bottle so Dumbledore could read the label. Dumbledore smiled slightly.

“Care to share it with me?” he asked, not sure whether he should trust the present or not.

“How could I possibly turn you down?” Mr. Weasley replied as he conjured two wine glasses.

He poured a half-glass of wine for each and smiled again before he drank the wine. Dumbledore watched him intently.

“What?” he asked, looking at the untouched cup in Dumbledore’s hand.

“Nothing,” Dumbledore replied, and he took a sip of the drink. It felt like a warm wave washing over him and he felt himself floating away from reality and into his sweet dreams.
**

Draco groaned and clutched his stomach as he pushed himself off the ground. He slowly stood up to prevent a head rush and then clumsily walked to the door and headed out of the Slytherin dungeons. He walked toward Gryffindor tower when he heard feet shuffling near the statue that guarded Dumbledore’s office. He turned his head to look in that direction, but no one was there. He rubbed his head, thinking he was hearing things. He continued to walk, but picked up the pace. Then, when he was sure there was someone following him, he spun around and pulled out his wand.

“Who’s there?” he growled, not in the best mood. More shuffling. He turned his head toward the sound and followed it. Suddenly, he launched himself into the air, but unfortunately, nothing stopped his direct hit to the floor (which was what he was hoping for). “Ow, damn it,” he murmured to himself, rubbing where his shoulder hit the ground. Then he heard a soft laugh.

“Okay, if you’re going to be a little ghost, at least be silent,” he said irritated, then pushed himself back up.

“Finite Incantatem” he heard a familiar voice say, and Hermione appeared right in front of his eyes. She grinned mischievously at him. He rolled his eyes and continued walking the other way.

“I thought you were afraid of me,” he said coldly when he heard her trace his footsteps.

“Whoever said I was ‘afraid of you’?” she asked somewhat offended.

“Well, you sure were quick to hide behind Harry and knock me out before I had any chance to explain what was going on in the other room,” Draco nearly yelled, turning around to face her.

Hermione’s smile disappeared. “So you do know what that is?”

Draco frowned. “Well, yeah, now I do, thanks to you and Harry.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

Draco threw his arms up in the air and cried, “AUGH!” in a frustrated sense. Then he turned his back on Hermione again and took a step, but Hermione caught his shoulder and spun him around. Draco winced at the pain, but didn’t say anything.

“I asked you a question. What were those…things in that room? And why is it ‘thanks to me and Harry’ that you know what they are now?”

“Let’s just say daddy dearest paid me a visit,” Draco replied bitterly.

“Lucius came?” Hermione replied, rather surprised.

“Hahahah, that’s what you’d think. No, Voldemort came.”

Hermione raised an eyebrow. “Voldemort? No offense, but you look nothing like Voldemort. And be assured, that’s a good thing.”

Draco smiled and looked down at his feet, letting his hair fall into his eyes.

“I can’t do this any more Hermione,” Draco said at last, moving his foot like he was squashing something on the floor.

“Do what?” Hermione asked, honestly curious.

“This.“Talk with you as if we were friends. Work with you as if I am a good guy. Look at you as if I loved you.”

Hermione’s heart started jumping a little faster. “Draco, what’s wrong?”

“I’m not…I’m not what you’re looking for Hermione,” he said slowly, looking up at her. Hermione sighed and looked deep into his familiar blue gray eyes, her heart melted away as she saw all his pain and sadness. She slowly rose on her tiptoes, brought her lips to his, and locked her arms around his neck so he couldn’t pull away. He didn’t resist for long, and soon he was kissing her back with equal passion. When Hermione finally pulled out for air, she whispered raggedly, “Why don’t you let me be the judge of that?”

Draco smiled and pulled her into a long snuggling hug.