Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Dragons and the Night by sagirah

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Laila sighed as she closed her Potions book. Opening her black, leather bag, she took out her pen. Twirling it in with her fingers she recalled her departure from platform 9 3/4. Arash, her brother had been there this time. He'd carried her luggage and had seen to it she'd have proper food. Already she missed him. Laila pictured him standing waving furiously as though he were some sort of maniac. He would only behave like that for her. She could see him clearly. Jet-black hair, spiked with gel, his goatee, the same only without the gel. His naturally strong build enhanced by the hours of workout from his summer training in Afghanistan. Parvati had actually been drooling. Chuckling to herself, Laila began twirling it again, reflecting on her brother.

Without warning the compartment door slid violently open. Startled she looked up and met faces lit only by cruel laughter.

"Did you hear the way he whimpered? Looked as though he was going to wet his pants!" cackled Malfoy. Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy followed him in. Malfoy's cold eyes directed their attention now to Laila. She stared stubbornly back. "What's that you've got there Eslami?" pointing to her red laquer Tiffany pen. It took her a moment to register he was speaking to her. After all, most people referred to her as Laila, not her last name. She tried to hide it, but it was too late. He snatched it away, then inspecting it. He turned it over as though it was merely a new toy.

"Give it back!" she hissed quietly.

Malfoy displayed his infamous sneer, "Make--"

But Laila had already launched herself at him. Or rather his stomach as she was too short to properly get a good grip on his neck. They landed on the floor against the compartment door.

"Give it back!" she whispered in a deadly voice pressing her slender fingers to his neck. Taken aback he held out his hand, jaw wide open. She stood up slowly, and began to gather her things, when she stopped abruptly; put her things back, and sat determinedly back in her seat She would not let him get to her. Okay, so she just had but not anymore. Her brother had specifically asked her not to harm Malfoy.

Malfoy had already gathered himself up, sitting at a distance from her, eyes darting towards her as though she were an angry cat. Frankly, Laila felt as though she would pounce. Pansy busied herself with Malfoy, behaving as though Laila had been about to kill him. She frequently shot Laila dirty looks, afraid herself to do any more, for fear of being put in the same position. Eventually they regained their composure and began talking about their summers. Pansy insisted on recalling her visit to Malfoy’s mansion. Malfoy, bored within minutes, redirected his attention to Laila.

“What was that anyways Eslami?” he asked. Laila looked out the window silently combing her long curls through her fingers.

“What are you talking about?” she asked icily.

“The small red wand looking thing. What was it?”

“Why so curious? Why would you want to know about anything muggle-made?” She gazed sadly at Malfoy’s disgusted and twisted expression. He hadn’t always been this cruel. At least not when she’d first met him.