Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Secret thoughts of Hermione Granger by Hermiones_Revenge

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N
Some of this (mostly the lists) is taken out of my own journals, obviously not anything involving Harry Potter characters, as that would be weird.

*Notes Passed in History of Magic*

Ron: Hermione, why aren’t you taking notes?

Hermione: Professor Binns gave us this lecture yesterday! I already have notes on it!

Ron: Are you sure?

Hermione: Of course I’m sure, I pay attention, remember?

Ron: Right, you have no life, I forgot.

*An Excerpt from Hermione’s Journal*
History of Magic, 9:35
I am sick and tired of hearing that I HAVE NO LIFE! You people won’t let me have a life! I blame society! Is it really a crime to want to do well in school? Oh sorry, I actually want a good job and would like to make a little bit of money so I don’t have to live with my parents. Sorry.

Think about it, if Ron thinks I have no life, then that means that he’s obviously not desperately in love with me. I practically spent the whole period gazing longingly at his gorgeous blue eyes and messy hair (I didn’t have to take notes so I had some free time, remember?) I don’t know how much longer I can take this. If he doesn’t show signs of interest in me, then I’m giving up. I’ll…become a lesbian or something (Ok, so I won’t go that far.)

Still History of Magic, 9:50
Ron is looking at Parvati. I think I might die.

9:53
Parvati asked him something, and he laughed. I broke the tip of my quill. I give up on him.

*Notes Passed in Transfiguration*

From Harry:
Harry: What page are we on?

Hermione: 54

Harry: Thanks

From Ron:
Ron: What page are we on?

Hermione: 54

Ron: I need to talk to you after of class.

Hermione: Ok

Transfiguration, 10:13
Ok, so I’m not going to give up just yet. I’ll decide whether or not it’s time to give up on Ron after this mystery meeting. Who knows what could happen? (grins maniacally). This could be when he finally confesses his undying affection for me! Though, the last time he pulled me aside, it was to tell me that he’d accidentally sent his potions essay to Peru and he needed my help rewriting it (I was skeptical about the Peru thing).

Merlin, this class is boring. I mean, transfiguring things is fun, but now McGonnagall is just rambling about the dangers of incorrectly vanishing a moose. Why would I ever want to vanish a moose? I need something to amuse myself with.

10:18
THINGS THAT ANNOY ME

1.) The fact that this, and several other of my classes, are so incredibly boring that it makes me want to cry.

2.) The fact that certain people can get away with not doing their homework, but I can’t.

3.) When someone asks me a question, but then someone else answers for me. ERR! I can speak for myself, in case you haven’t noticed!

4.) When I get called perfect. Hellooo? I do have problems too, you know.

5.) The fact that I get hungry twenty minutes after I finish eating breakfast.

6.) The fact that I constantly help Ron and get him out of trouble, yet he continues to be awful to me.

7.) When I put my quill down and then, seconds later, it disappears.

8.) The fact that TIME IS GOING SO MIND-NUMBINGLY SLOW!

*An Excerpt from Ginny’s Journal*

Omigosh, I just saw my brother pull Hermione aside after they left transfiguration. Is he finally asking her out? He’s so stupid, I mean, he knows he likes her but he just won’t DO anything about it! Uugh, it’s all so stupid.

This is so incredibly random, but I haven’t seen Mrs. Norris in a while. I usually pass her on my way to Herbology and she hisses at me, but lately she’s been conspicuously absent. Not that I mind. It’s a nice change.

*Hermione’s Journal*
Herbology, 10:40
This is it. I finally give up.

Ok, Ron pulls me aside and says, “Hermione, I need to tell you something.”

Of course I get all exited “ I thought he was telling me something serious “ so I nonchalantly replied, “Go ahead. I’m listening.” I then leaned casually against the wall and began to fuss with my hair.

“I’ve been hiding this from you for a while,” he went on. “Have you noticed that Mrs. Norris has been missing lately?”

I nodded.

“Well,” he continued, “she’s not here because…because I turned her into a duck and she ran away into the Forbidden Forest.”

“ARE YOU INSANE!” I bellowed. He then proceeded to tell me a rather interesting story involving three eggs, Hagrid, and a tie that was too small (it was kind-of long, so I won’t write it all here). After it was done, I was (and still am, by the way), absolutely LIVID.

“So will you help me find her?” he asked me. “Or are you too busy having no life?”

That was it. I stormed away and haven’t spoken to him since.

Lunch “ 12:06
REASONS WHY I AM LIVID

1.) Ron doesn’t really like me, and only hangs around me because he needs me to help him

2.) I have a really bad headache, and nothing is making it go away

3.) My sandwich tastes like catfood

4.) Ron is now talking to Parvati, who keeps touching him and giggling

5.) Harry is too dumb to realize anything’s wrong

6.) I just spilled pumpkin juice down my shirt. Great.

7.) I caught a glance of myself in a mirror and realized that my hair was absolutely frightening…more frightening than usual that is

8.) Ron is smiling at Parvati

9.) My Herbology homework is nowhere to be found

10.) Ron is HUGGING Parvati

11.) I found my Herbology homework. Harry is using it as a napkin.

Right after Herbology, 3:00
I don’t know what I was thinking.

I was still fuming mad, ready to tear Ron’s head off, when he comes up to me and pulls me aside once again.

“Look,” he told me. “I’m sorry I keep bothering you, but I really need your help with this Mrs. Norris thing.”

I was determined not to let him talk me into anything. “I’m not helping you. I’m always doing you favors and you show me no appreciation,” I said coolly. I felt SO GOOD about myself right then. Too bad it didn’t last long.

“Please Hermione,” he begged, putting his hand on my shoulder. “I need you.” He gazed at me with his irritatingly amazing eyes.

Well what’d you think I did? “You don’t need me! You’re always making fun of me and never do anything to help me! I DON’T KNOW WHY I’M ALWAYS DOING THINGS FOR YOU! ”

That’s what I should’ve said.

“Of course I’ll help you,” is what I really said.

AND, to make things even worse, as I was walking away I saw Ron and Parvati sneak off into an empty classroom. I waited outside for FIVE MINUTES, but they didn’t come out. I would’ve stayed longer, but my back was beginning to hurt from the weight of my backpack and I REALLY had to go to the bathroom. So I have no idea how long they were in there. Or what they did. Or how he feels about her. Or where the hell Mrs. Norris is.

I hate everyone.

A/N: (writing this long after this story was completed) Funny, I remember when I wrote this...right before I went out somewhere...if I'd only known what was going to happen that night...(ooh, so enigmatic!) But anyway, this was my first fanfiction, written completely stream-of-counciousness...in case you care. And even though this story is completed, it's still nice to review!