Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Secret thoughts of Hermione Granger by Hermiones_Revenge

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: First of all, I realized that I should give credit to J.K. Rowling, as all the characters and other such things are from her imagination, not mine, as I am not that amazing. Second of all, this seems a little short to me, but when I tried to make it longer it felt forced.

12:30 Lunch

Well, I did it. I crashed Parvati and Ron’s meeting. I can’t write about it now, I’m having a heart attack…I feel another list coming.

THINGS THAT MAKE A CLASS UNBEARABLE
(This is completely random. I am writing it to calm myself down.)

1.) A teacher that talks in monotone

2.) The subject that you’re learning is something completely stupid or boring, like goblin treaties or ways to change the color of a quill.

3.) The person who sits behind you is bored and amuses HIMSELF by harassing you “ pulling your hair, doing artwork on the back of your shirt, throwing things at you, moving around your chair, stealing things from you etc etc (A/N: hmm…could I be making a reference to someone?)

4.) Homework that doesn’t seem to end no matter how much time you spend on it

5.) Topics that make no sense

6.) Teachers who make random analogies that only confuse you more than you already are

7.) When you’re REALLY hungry during class

1:30
Ok, here’s everything that happened in the transfiguration room at lunch.

Harry and I were walking down to the Great Hall when I gasp, “Oh no, I’ve left my transfiguration book in the classroom! I have to go back and get it!”

So Harry says, “Ok, I’ll come with you.”

“That’s Ok,” I quickly reply. “I can go by myself.”

Thankfully he was hungry, so he let me go off alone. By the time I reached the door to the classroom I was having a complete panic attack, but some unseen force compelled me to enter anyway. For a moment, I thought that the room was empty, until I saw Ron messing with some of the things on McGonagall desk.

“Hey,” he said to me. “What’re you doing here?”

“I left my book in here,” I replied. It was true; earlier in the day I had accidentally/on purpose left my book on a table. “What’re you doing here?”

“Parvati asked me to meet her here,” he told me (I acted surprised.) “She’s been acting so weird around me lately. I mean, she keeps pulling me aside at weird times and acting all…weird. It’s like…weird!”

Though I was cringing on the outside from Ron’s repeated use of the word “weird”, on the inside I was singing. Ron didn’t like Parvati. If he had, he would’ve noticed all the obvious hints she was giving him.

“Yeah, that is weird,” I casually replied. I intended to take forever to find my book (though it was sitting in plain sight on a table), but Ron sighted it first.

“Hey, there’s your book!”

I sighed and picked it up. “I’ll get out of here now.”

What happened next made me want to dance.

“Hermione,” Ron said. “I really don’t like Parvati. I know this might sound weird to you, and this is a really bizarre time to tell you, but I’m desperately in love with you. Please go out with me! I’ll go crazy without you!”

Ok, I’m kidding.

But he did say this. “Hey Hermione, will you wait with me until Parvati gets here?”

So I waited. We talked and laughed for a while, joking about stupid things, until I heard the door open behind me. Sighing, I turned around and found myself face to face with none other than DUDLEY DURSELY!

Kidding again. It was Parvati.

“Hermione?” she spat. “What are you doing here?”

I felt so triumphant. This was obviously not what she expected. “I left my book here.”

She then gave me a look. You know what kind of look I mean. The kind of look that one girl gives to another girl that communicates the point “stay away from my boyfriend/love interest or I will make sure you have a very miserable life” without using words. Let me tell you, she is FRIGHTENINGLY good at it.

Ron, luckily, ruined the moment by saying to her, “Yeah, so, why did you want to see me here?”

Parvati was thoroughly annoyed. “I wanted to talk to you…alone.” She shot me another evil look.

“Ok then,” he turned to me. “Can you leave? I have to talk to Parvati. I won’t take long. I’m really hungry.”

I felt so triumphant…again. I had completely ruined Parvati’s plan. (Wow, there’s a lot of planning going on around here now that I think about it.) I was about to leave the room when someone else entered it: Harry’s neighbor, MRS. FIGG!

For a third time, I am kidding.

It was Filch, and he looked livid.

“Well, well,” he snickered. “What do we have here?” It was then when I realized that I was out of bounds “ all of us were. We weren’t allowed to be alone in an empty classroom! WHAT WAS I THINKING?

He gave us all detention tomorrow night. I can’t believe it!

4:01

REASONS WHY I AM LIVID RIGHT NOW

1.) My homework has no end

2.) I have no idea what is going on in Potions, but am doing a good job of pretending to know what I’m doing

3.) I have detention tomorrow night with Ron and Parvati. Oh, that will be fun

4.) Parvati wants to kill me now, for getting in between her and Ron

5.) Filch is ridiculously close to finding out that Ron is behind Mrs. Norris’ mysterious disappearance and I’m sure if he does, Ron’ll find a way to blame me

6.) I am realizing how much time I’ve spent thinking about Ron. What am I doing? I’M WASTING MY LIFE!

7.) There is a very ugly, suspicious looking bug crawling towards me and I am too livid to move away from it

8.) I’m hungry. All right, this isn’t making me livid, but it’s not improving my mood either

9.) Ron turned Mrs. Norris into a duck, yet somehow I will end up getting in trouble for it

10.) I lost track of the very ugly, suspicious looking bug…

4:30, The Hospital Wing
Well, turns out that the very ugly, suspicious looking bug was a rare poisonous snapping zhibkhit. It bit my ankle. I couldn’t walk. Ron had to carry me to Madam Pomfrey.

This day just keeps getting better, doesn’t it?

5:57
I just got a note informing me of the details of my detention tomorrow. I’ll be serving it with none other than my favorite teacher, Professor Snape. Horray.

Fate is not being good to me now.