Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Just Love by leo_sol

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: I've been on Fanfiction for a long time and admire many of your works. Admire mine! No really, I just hope you enjoy it. The first fic I ever read was "Lily and James: A Prophecy Fulfilled" by Kirbee25. If you ever find a full version - I suggest you read it. Tis all for now, leo

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters, they belong to JK Rowling. I am not making money off this. However some of them are mine, you'll know which.

Prologue

In a time before few of us were born, in a place which none of us (unfortunately) can ever know; this dreamlike tale was woven.
It's the year 1971 in small, but powerful, (English) Britain. A handsome young man is boarding a steaming red train to the castle that would change his life forever. There, he'd make friends, fall in love, suffer tragedy, experience anger, face death, and graduate victorious. But of course, he didn't know all this yet.
His name is Sirius Black and he is a wizard. He'd known this all his life, and he found it no big deal. He'd seen evil wizards and good, nothing new. The "normal" world wasn't perfect, and the wizarding version was no different. With an inwardly, slightly cynical outlook on his life and its purpose - this precarious ten-year-old was on his was to a great adventure.

Currently, Sirius was waving out the window from his compartment.
"Goodbye Mother," he shouted to a slender woman on the platform, "I'll see you at Christmas!"
"Oh, Sirius. I forgot to tell you about that," she said, running up to his window. "You see, your father and I will be terribly busy this winter, we won't have time to take care of you."
"What? And when do you think you were going to tell me this? And what are you so busy with?"
"No time Sirius, goodbye. Say hello to your Bellatrix and Narcissa for me."
And that was it - no kiss, no wave, barely a goodbye. Oh no, it wasn't such a wonderful life after all. But Sirius was forgiving, he knew no better. And besides - he was going to Hogwarts! A brand new beginning.


Just then, there was some noise outside his compartment. He opened the door. A young girl was lying on the ground.
"Are you ok?"
"Me?" she asked, getting off the floor. "Yeah, perfect, thanks."
She glanced at him for a moment. It was then he noticed that she was impossibly beautiful. In a tomboy-ish sort of way, that is. He immediately helped her up.
"Hi! My name's Sirius, Sirius Black." He held out his hand. She shook it. "Hello there. I'm Lily Evans. Nice to meet you. Thanks for helping. I just tripped over a nail or something."
They sat down. Neither could help staring at one another. What were they expected to say? Just then a stout lady came by with a cart full of treats.
"Is anyone interested?" she asked.
"No, no thanks, I'm full," Lily said. A confused look was on her face - what were all these things?
"I'll have some Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans and two pumpkin pasties please." Sirius extracted some knuts from his pants and dropped them into the lady's hand.
"Would you like any? I'm not really that hungry, just nervous. I eat when I nervous. Actually, come to think of it, I eat whenever I can!"
Lily laughed, what an odd child! "No thanks. I meant what I said, I'm really not hungry. Besides, I don't exactly trust any foreign foods."
"Foreign? These aren't foreign! Made right here in Hogsmeade, England!"
"Excuse me? Where did you say they were from?"
"Hogsmeade. Oh don't tell me you don't know!" He was utterly shocked - how could she not know where Hogsmeade was? She clearly wasn't too bright.
"Nope, sorry. I've never heard of any of these things before. Just recently found out I'm a witch actually. Couple o' weeks ago. You'll have to explain."
"Oh, ok. Fair enough. My pleasure." And off he went, describing every known wizard candy on the face of the earth.


A few hours later, they were interrupted by someone knocking at their door. Sirius stood up and yanked it open.
"Hey, Jamesie! I was wondering when you were coming! How's your summer been? Parents lighten up yet? Been practicin' your Quidditch? Oh, this is Lily Evans by the way," the words flew out of his mouth.
"Lily, this is James Potter - my bestest friend." The two shook hands and everyone sat down.
James was, in fact, Sirius' best friend. Together since diapers, they'd grown up together in the same playpen. Their fathers worked together for the Ministry of Magic. They'd been through practically everything and were the closest of buddies. They balanced each other perfectly - one mischievious; one, well, less mischievious.
"I was just talking to Lils here about, um, everything actually," Sirius explained. "Please don't call me Lils. Yeah, you see, I just found out I'm a witch so Sirius was defining some stuff for me. I can't wait to get to Hogwarts now! It seems really cool."
"Yes, it should be. Oh yeah, speaking of - don't call me Jamesie! Anyway, has he told you about Quidditich yet?"
"Quidditch? No, don't think so."
"Ah yes, perfect timing for Jamie here. The all-knowing king of Quidditch right here. Thinks he's king of everything else too, come to think of it..." The sarcasm flowed through Sirius' mouth.
"Ahem!" James ran his fingers through his hair, making it stand on end. "No Jamie either. Yeah Lily, I love it. Best sport around, Quidditch. Hope to play for the team next year. Dad says I'm as good as anyone, but it'll take a while before I can even tryout. Don't like that particular rule much. Think sometimes I should like to break it. Ha, I totally could though, if I really wanted - you know. Man I hope I make it into Gryffindor. Can you imagine being in anything else? All the Potters are Gryffindors. Simply nowhere else to be! Heard that Harold Baird was in Gryffindor - that's got to be a good sign..."
"Oh no. Not the glorious Harold again. When will you shut up about him?" Sirius groaned and put his head in his hands.
"Look, I'd love to hear about this Harold character. Just not right now, ok? It's been a long day, which has, ironically, hardly begun and I'm a bit tired. Do you mind if I just doze off?" Lily was getting a bit restless. These boys were nice, but one was too nervous and jumpy; and the other was just plain conceited.


Were things going to get any better at the school? Either way, at least she could escape. With any luck, she wouldn't end up in Gryffindor.