Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Just Love by leo_sol

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Ok, maybe that wasn't a perfect prologue - but this is my first story! It's a love story, or will be, eventually circling around Sirius. It was kind of created from a dream of mine - like, if I were a character it'd be this girl (Allene) whom you have yet to meet. I've done a lot of research on the existing characters (www.hp-lexicon.org is great) and drawn up character maps and charts and lists. My grammar should be pretty good, if not, feel free to correct. This story happens before any book, but with knowledge gained from all. It's rated PG-13 for now, but maybe more later. It may be completely unrealistic - but it's my story and I'll love it. Oh yeah, and if any one wants to Beta I'd be really grateful.

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters, they belong to J.K. Rowling. I am not making money off this. However some of them are mine, you'll know which.

I

A tall half-giant helped Sirius and the others get sorted into boats at the station. When they rowed up to the castle, Sirius was in complete awe.

There, standing before them was an enchanting maze of a castle. Turrets, bridges, tunnels, and courtyards scattered themselves around the beautiful moors.

When they reached the door, Sirius felt a wave come over him. It was like nothing he'd ever felt before. He was home.

James and he trod up the steps and were told to wait there by a young, strict looking witch. All the students gazed around. It was magnificent - would they really live here?

"Hey, Sirius, where's Lily?" James asked. It seemed that, although Lily hadn't really taken a liking to him, he sure had with her. "I haven't seen her since we got off the Express."

"Oh, yeah. I'm not sure, but hang on, there's McGonagall again. Yes, she's telling us to come in. Here goes nothing..."

The nervous, but excited students were led single-file into the Great Hall. Before they knew it, old Headmistress Kellia Kye had finished her dull speech and the were due for Sorting. The infamous bedraggled Hat was carried out and students started lining up.

"Black, Sirius!" Professor McGonagall's voice rang out over the silence.

"There just couldn't be any 'A' surnames, could there?" Sirius mumbled as he walked up.

"GRYFFINDOR!" The hat shrieked. Applause followed.

And so it went until... "Evans, Lily!"

James looked wildly around. Ah, there she was. Finally. Naturally Lily was made a Gryffindor as well. Just what she wanted.

A few more names passed and soon a kind-, intelligent-looking, brown haired boy went us as "Lupin, Remus!" was called out. He was made a Gryffindor, the first one since Lily. McGonagall was slowly nearing the end of a very long list and finally it was James' turn.

"Potter, James!" James somewhat strutted up (Sirius rolled his eyes) to the Hat and plunked it on his head. A few moments later, "GRYFFINDOR!" was shouted. Sirius applauded enthusiastically, this was going to be a great school.

As more students were sorted, James and Sirius were looking around - trying to spot some familiar faces. There, at the Slytherin table, "It's Narcissa!" Sirius almost shouted. "What's she holding onto that slimy git Lucius for? She's a year younger than him! And she's a Black!"

"Sorry mate, looks like some more are being poisoned," said James, who was trying not to laugh. Honestly, sometimes Sirius panicked too quickly. Besides, Blacks were Blacks, best to just let them alone.

However, Lucius himself was a slimy git. His father worked with James' and was constantly patronising him. Even if he was overreacting, Sirius was right - it was gross.

"Snape, Severus!" was made into a Slytherin.

"Ew, would you look at him? Now that's disgusting. What a greasy kid, no wonder he's gone into sickly Slytherin," James snickered to Sirius.

"Would you two just be quiet? Some people are trying to watch this!" Lily hissed from down the table. These boys seemed to be the most disrespectful of the lot! And that was saying something.

"Tranquile, Allene!" was called up.

Ah, there, thought Lily. Now she looks worth getting to know. And heaven knows I need a real friend around here. Not subtly, Lily was a very direct girl. Thankfully for her, Allene was quickly made into a Gryffindor.

"Hello!" she said cheerfully as she slid in next to Lily, "My name's Allene. Aren't you just so happy to be here! Of course, I knew I'd be a Gryffindor - almost all Aries' are, you know."

"Hi! I'm Lily Evans, I was hoping you'd be a Gryffindor too. Hey, i'm a Cancer - how'd I make it in here? Seems you're really into astrology aren't you?"

Allene laughed with a sound like tinkling chimes, "Yes! It's my favourite thing in the world, staring up at the sky. I loved this castle the moment I stepped in. And this roof! it's absolutely amazing! Oh Lily, I just noticed - what beautiful green eyes you have! Mine are just a dull brown, but green! They're brilliant!"

And from that moment on, Lily and Allene were the best of friends.

As soon as "Wood, Sean!" was made into a Hufflepuff, the Great Hall flooded outdoors.

The Gryffindor prefects led the no-longer-nervous first years up to their common room (look at that huge Fat Lady!) and to their dormitories.

"Ah," sighed James, "it's been a good day. Hasn't it, Sirius my friend?"
"I agree Jamsie dear, quite wonderful."

So with a pillow thrown at his head, Sirius lay his head down to sleep, thoroughly content.