Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Just Love by leo_sol

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: What do you all think? Is this story worth continuing? Because I love writing it, but if no one else likes reading it, it’s kind of a waste for me to post. So give me your opinions - please.
I haven’t abandoned it! Not yet. I love these characters with all my soul and it tears my hear, knowing their ultimate fate. That’s why I try to make their lives realistic, honest and perfect. That’s why I take so long writing these chapters. I’m doing the best I can! Sure, these are fictional people, but face it “ we all love them! The Harry Potter series is destined to be classic reading, so let’s make our fanfiction the same! Let’s make our tales ones everyone who reads them will remember. So what if these beloved creations die in the novels? We fanfic-ers are lucky because we can make them live on forever.

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters, they belong to J.K. Rowling. I am not making money off this. However some of them are mine, you'll know which.

IV

Late Friday evening, the Gryffindor first-years were huddled in front of the fireplace. Everyone else had already gone “ eager to catch up on their sleep. But Allene, Lily, Sirius, James, and Remus still sat (or lay) there chatting about their week.

“Well, my favourite class is Charms. Anything you can say that makes an object fly and hit James is fine by me,” Lily chirped, sitting on her favourite couch. It was angled next to the fireplace and the flames danced in her deep green eyes.

Sensing danger once again, Remus swiftly changed the subject. “Personally I found DADA the best by far. Dumbledore’s amazing! Did you see the way he made that snake writhe? It was awesome. He did it like it was nothing! Just a flick of the wand and that was that.”

“I know! Talk about useful! Too bad those Hufflepuffs were a bunch of smarmy buggers. Too busy chatting amongst themselves to recognize and would-be friends,” Sirius added.

He was sitting in front of the main couch (Lily’s). James was curled up in his favourite squashy armchair. Even being fresh at Hogwarts, every firstie was now completely comfortable and had fallen into routine. The school’s cosy aura permeated through everyone. There was a perfect time and place for everything to be said and done, and the Gryffindors were one bunch of cheery people. But this afternoon something happened to disrupt their newfound rhythm. Flying lessons were given by Mister Quooch.

“I for one loved them,” Allene offered, atop the couch next to Lily. “That feeling was superb! My parents have never let me flown before “ and I can’t imagine why!”

“You were a natural Allene. Almost a perfect opponent for James here,” Sirius pointed out.

“Yeah, almost. You were pretty great though. I can’t wait until Quidditch starts. I’m just really upset that we can’t play yet. Totally unfair that is.” When James spoke of Quidditch his face gave off a brilliant euphoric glow that infected the spirits of the others, even Lily. “When I get on-“

“Yes James, we know. When you get on, you’ll be the best Chaser Gryffindor’s ever seen. You’ve told us a million times,” Remus laughed gently. “Anyway, I’m sleepy and not so into Quidditch. I’ll let you continue with your Harold Baird speech. Goodnight everyone.”

“Goodnight Remus,” they murmured and fell drowsily back into their conversation as he trod up the stairs. He paused, looking down. So young, he thought, so carefree we are. After one week of school everything looks so simple. Well, who knows “ maybe it will be. He saw Lily throw an angry glance at James, as the latter talked on and on. Ok, maybe not so simple afterall.

“Personally, I’d love to play Quidditch with you and Sirius. I just hope that by that time I’ll still know how to do it. It’s so far away! I can’t wait forever to get back on a broom,” Allene said excitedly.

“Well in that case, you can borrow my broom anytime you want,” Sirius told her kindly.

“Wow “ really? That’d be great!”

“Sure, just let me know ahead of time.” Sirius saw how her eyes shone with happiness, and he knew he’d give anything to see it again.

And from that moment on, Lily had competition for the status of Allene’s best friend.


A half-hour later, just before midnight, James decided to call it quits.

“Farewell my friends,” he bowed dramatically, “I’ll see you in the morning.” And with a tap to his head, he bounded upstairs.

“Ok guys, as much I’d love to spend the night planning the demise of Slytherins “ I’m quite tired and Siri’s jokes are getting a tad old. ‘Night.”

“Night Lil. Bright and early tomorrow?” Allene asked.

“Sure, sounds delightful. Wake me.”

As she left, Sirius asked Allene what they meant by that exchange.

“Oh? That? We’re just going swimming in the lake. We want to stay fit this year.”

“Stay fit? What for? You’re both plenty pretty,” Sirius said, shocked, to a blushing Allene. “Besides “ haven’t you heard of what lurks in there?”

“The squid? No big deal. Charlotte told me that it doesn’t actually mind swimmers. I mean, c’mon, he lives with mermaids “ no?

“Yeah, you’re right. Anyway, g’night. I’m off.”

“Wait!” she said, he turned around. “Don’t you want to see the moon with me? It’s near full tonight.

Sirius looked at her. There was an adventurous glint in her hazel eyes. He couldn’t help himself, “Ok, yes. Let’s go.”

She clasped his arm and they sneaked out of the common room (past the Fat Lady’s snores) into the east hall. There, they sat on a stone bench, completely in awe. The moon was a brilliant, shiny silver. Its sphere was almost complete, just a tiny sliver of darkness remained untouched. The stars shone like diamonds in an inky sky and bathed the world in an ethereal glow. Sirius looked at her again, she felt his eyes upon her and turned, “What?” she asked.

“Nothing,” he replied. “C’mon, it’s late. Let’s go to bed.

“Ok, will do,” she said mournfully and they headed back.

On the other side of the portrait they said their goodnights.

“See you tomorrow,” Allene said lightly.

“Yeah, tomorrow.”