Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Just Love by leo_sol

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: This will probably be one of my last first-year chapters. I just wanted to introduce them and show how they all met. Soon I’ll get to the ‘good stuff’ and make the story far more interesting and twisty. Next chapter is Halloween, so stick around!

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters, they belong to J.K. Rowling. I am not making money off this. However some of them are mine, you'll know which.

V

Saturday passed quickly, with way too much speed for the Gryffindor’s liking.

“I can’t believe it. Sunday afternoon “ all I feel like doing is relaxing, but no. I’ve got to do this dratted History assignment,” Peter complained. The four boys were slumped over a table in the common room.

“Yeah, I can’t believe McGonagall. I've still got to do her homework. I mean “ just because weekends don’t matter to her-” James trailed off.

Allene and Lily had just come in, still wet from their swim. James elbowed Sirius and motioned to the girls. Although both were too young to understand what they were feeling “ they knew it to be good. The girls were standing by the door, chatting nonchalantly about the weather. Lily was wearing a cute purple sports bikini, but covered herself modestly with her towel (adorned with a feisty dragon.) Allene on the other hand, had a pretty, dark red suit that hugged her body “ which was obviously tuned for speed and finesse. Knotted loosely around her waist was her black towel, which accented her dripping chestnut hair.

Remus’ voice brought the two young men back to Earth, “Now look Peter, it isn’t hard. The first goblins grouped together in…”

Sirius shook his head. The buzz of the common room became loud again as he continued his timeline.


Monday morning came far quicker than any person, students and teachers alike would have wished. The Great Hall’s volume was at an almost-disturbing low. The only sounds heard were the scraping of knives, the clanging of forks, and the occasional yawn from one of the house tables.

Allene was having trouble staying awake. She and Serena had spent the night doing their Herbology homework. Daniella was an expert with plants, it turned out, and was helping them, but when she noticed she needed toothpicks to hold up her eyelids, she called it quits. Lily however, just didn’t seem to care. She’d spend most of the day finishing up her Charms essay “ How to Reach the Perfect Height: an essay of Wingardium Leviosa. Needless to say, the other Gryffindors found that assignment far less appealing.

As the 8:55 bell went, students groggily shuffled to their first period classes. The first-year Gryffindors found their way to Charms just in time for Professor Flitwick to close the door.

“Phew,” said Allene. “Can you imagine being stuck in detention again!? I thought I’d die last week.”

“I know!” Lily appeased as they slid into their seats; “it was awful! I hate writing lines. I think that “I shall never impede upon class when I am late again”, “I shall never impede upon class when I am late again”, “I shall-”

“Alright alright! We get it by now!” Allene shouted, she couldn’t take anymore of that horrible phrase. “You have to admit the detention time itself wasn’t that bad. At least we got to get to know Sirius a bit more.”

“If you find that an advantage, sure,” Lily said more quietly. She still harboured some reservations towards him. Anyone who was James’ best friend couldn’t be all that great.

“Fine Lil, whatever you say. I personally don’t find him so horrible. It wouldn’t hurt others to be as friendly as he is,” she said pointedly.

“Oh calm yourself already! We’re only a few weeks into the year, and already we’re fighting. How can you ever expect us to be inseparable-best-friends-for-ever-and-ever when we keep arguing! I don’t hate Sirius, per say, I resent him for knowing James. That automatically puts a mark in the bad books in my brain,” Lily said mock-seriously.

“You don’t have to love him, just get along. For my sake. He’s a great guy, and you’re a great girl, and I care for you both very much. And believe me, he won’t take your place as my best-friend-forever. So please just get over this!”

The rest of the lesson went rather smoothly, and Professor Flitwick released the Gryffindors for their morning break.

On their way to the Transfiguration, the girls passed a group of third-year Ravenclaws who were whispering excitedly about the upcoming Hogsmeade outing. It seemed that they were eager to buy candy for the Halloween dance and the secret after-party. Reminded of their own plans, Allene asked her friends what the details were.

“Well,” said Daniella, “we’re lucky we have Friday afternoon off. The banquet starts at 7, and the dance begins at 8:30. But being girls, we’ll probably need lots of time to get ready.”

“You said it! I take forever choosing clothes,” Serena added.

“I noticed,” Daniella laughed. “Anyway, I asked Julia Creevey “ you know, that second-year “ and she said that the outfits are semi-formal, but can only be black and white.”

“Black? And white? Why?” Allene asked, she didn’t like restrictions.

“I dunno. Tradition I guess.”

“Sounds pretty cool. Is anyone in Gryffindor planning an after-party?” Lily asked.

“Why yes! Yes, we are. ‘Coming Lillian?” James Potter appeared out of nowhere. “It’s going to be an unforgettable night. Especially with me around.”

Lily laughed. “Don’t kid yourself Jamesie. You’ll be lucky if I come at all knowing I could see you there.”

Thankfully, at that moment, the bell for second class rang and they hurried off.


All during Professor McGonagall’s speech about the importance of proper enunciation, Lily and Allene’s heads were hovering over their notebooks, scribbling. Like any girl, they were each worried about their dresses. In truth, they weren’t normally this girlie (especially Lily) “ but there are just times when one has to express her feminine side. And this was on of those times.

“How about this? You make one shoulder strap white, letting bits of material float down to here-” Allene was saying to Lily, when she was interrupted by Serena.

“Oh no! Don’t do that! You should have the neck line at this height with that type of strap.”

Allene and Lily just looked at her.

“Sorry,” she said ashamedly, “It’s just that I love designing and making clothes. And over the years “ I started when I was 8, by the way “ I’ve learned what looks great and what sorta doesn’t. No offense.”

“No,” said Lily, “none taken. But we could use your help. If you don’t mind.”

“Sure,” agreed Serena.

“Actually Lil, why doesn’t Serena design our dresses completely? I’m sure she’d be much better at it than us. What do you say Serry?”

“Definitely. I’ve been dying to start up again. And I guarantee that you’ll be the best looking witches there.”

“Besides you, that is,” joked Allene.

“Oh of course.”