Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love Always, Ginny by DeerKillerBeemer

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Hey guys! I have one thing to say to you all-- I own none of this. JKR made this world, I just make up stories to go along with it.

His First Letter from Her

Harry laid on his bed, staring at the ceiling and thinking about Sirius. Again. Even though it was almost 1 o'clock in the afternoon, Harry hadn't even bothered to get out of bed yet. He had lost the will to live when Sirius died. It didn't matter who consoled him or tried to make him feel better -- it always came back to the same thing.

He had killed Sirius.

Sure, his friends told him differently, but in his mind, he couldn't get past it -- he had caused the death of one of his closest friends. Sirius was more than that though; he was like the father and brother that Harry had never had. And now Harry didn't have him anymore. And it was because of his own stupidity.

Sighing, Harry figured he should get out of bed soon. He had to write a letter to Ron and Hermione later.

Changing out of his pajamas and into a pair of jeans and a tee-shirt, Harry sighed and went quietly downstairs to get something to eat. Bracing himself for another lecture on his laziness and untidiness, Harry walked into the kitchen to see Dudley, Uncle Vernon, and Aunt Petunia sitting at the kithen table. They were all gathered around the kitchen television set that Dudley had gotten after his third year at Smeltings.

"...and we are told that the notorious murderer Sirius Black that escaped prison two years ago has been found dead. And in further news.." said the news broadcaster. Harry felt his stomach drop to his ankles and he gasped. How could this have happened? Why would they mention Sirius on muggle television? Then it hit Harry -- the muggles had been notified in case one of them should find Sirius.

Hearing Harry, Dudley turned and looked at him with a look of unimaginable and undeniable fright. Harry ignored all three of the Dursleys and only spoke after Uncle Vernon sneered, "Good riddance. Wasn't he your godfather Harry?"

"Yes. And I don't want to hear you say another word about him." Harry managed before running back upstairs to his bedroom, trying not to let his sobs escape.

Closing the door, Harry tried to calm himself down. It was several minutes before he noticed the owl outside his window, pecking at the glass. He recognized the owl as Pig, which meant a letter from either Ron or Hermione.

Crossing his small room in three long strides, Harry flung the window open and let the owl in. It promptly thrust its leg out and Harry untied the letter. He was thankful that Pig would sit still long enough for him to take the letter off. Allowing the over excited owl to drink some water from Hedwig's bowl, Harry opened the letter.

* * * * *

Dear Harry,

I know you probably expected a letter from my brother, but he's out at the moment. You know, with another best friend of his. They're "talking," whatever that means. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that the Guard is coming to get you tomorrow night. The usual crowd, you know. So, we'll see you as soon as you get to headquarters. Tonks says to make sure you're packed and ready by then.

Please don't be mad at me for asking this. I know that you hate to be bothered with things like this, but I have to ask you, Harry. Are you really okay Harry? We're all really worried about you. We know that you've been through alot. Just remember that we're always here for you Harry. Please write back soon.

Love Always,
Ginny


* * * * *

Harry was surprised, to say the least. He definately hadn't expected Ginny to write to him. It felt odd, reading a letter from a girl that wasn't Hermione.

Sighing inaudibly, Harry set about packing his things again. It amazed him how he possibly could have strewn his belongings about his room in the short two weeks that he'd been at Privet Drive.

Looking around, Harry found his Charms book under his bed and four or five broken quills that were obviously really old under an even older sweater under his desk. By the time all of his wizard belongings were in his trunk, it was nearly time for dinner. That was when he realized that he also had to pack his other belongings too.

Sitting on his bed, Harry thought about how this was the last time he really had to be at Privet Drive. Next summer, he'd be of age and could stay at Grimmauld Place, since he'd inherited it from Sirius. The only reason he was at Privet Drive was because Dumbledore wanted him to see his aunt and uncle for the last necessary time. For this, Harry was sure they'd be really glad.

"Harry! Dinner!" Aunt Petunia yelled up the stairs.

"I'm coming!" Harry yelled back.

Standing up, Harry thought about the next day and the happy news he had for the Dursleys. For the first time in his almost-sixteen years, Harry had the kind of news they would actually appreciate.

Sitting down next to Dudley, he felt his cousin's elbow make contact with his ribs. Not daring to say a word, Harry looked forward. He thought it best not to start a row with Dudley, who was still terrified after what had happened last summer with the Dementors. Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon sat down and simply ignored Harry as usual.

Serving Dudley first, Aunt Petunia scowled at Harry. Nobody spoke for several minutes and the only sound was that of forks on plates as everyone ate.

"Aunt Petunia, Uncle Vernon, I have some good news for you." began Harry nervously.

"Go one boy, we haven't got all day," growled Uncle Vernon through his mouthful of spaghetti.

"Well, this is the last summer I have to come here. My G-G-Godfather left me his house when he died, so I don't have to ever bother you again. I'm leaving tomorrow night." Harry said shakily. It still hurt to speak of Sirius. A look of joy came over Vernon's face and he looked genuinely happy for the first time in Harry's life.

"Well! I-I-I don't know what to say!" said Uncle Vernon. Aunt Petunia simply sat with her mouth open. As she recuperated from such a shock, Harry got up and cleared his place.

All three Dursleys looked as if Christmas had come early as Harry left the kitchen and headed back to his room. He started up the steps, careful to skip the creaky one. Back in his room, Harry began his letter to Ron and Hermione.

* * * * *

Dear Ron (and Hermione),

Ginny wrote and told me that I would be coming to Grimmauld place tomorrow, so I'll see the two of you soon enough. Ron - Ginny told me that you and Hermione had been seeing alot of each other lately. Finally! ( By the way, don't be mad at her!) You two have fancied each other for quite a few years now, even if neither of you realized it. Believe me, I saw through all that bickering. As did everyone else.

I want you both to know that I'm happy for you and I'm doing fine. You both know that I can handle life's miseries.

See you both soon,
Harry


* * * * *

Feeling satisfied, he sent the letter with Pig who seemed excited to be going back to his owners. After he finished his letter, he felt like he was missing someone. Oh--Ginny! thought Harry. After all, she was the one who had written him about being picked up tomorrow. The least he could do was write back to her.

* * * * *

Dear Ginny,

Thanks for the letter. I wasn't expecting you to write, but I'm glad you did. I thought for sure that it would be Ron. I guess he's been a bit "busy" with Hermione. All I can say is that it took him long enough!

To answer your question, I'm still upset about Sirius. But don't worry, I won't do anything drastic! I'm still wondering what I could have done differently. You know, I'd never tell Ron this, but I feel helpless. I can't help what's happening, I can't change it, and I want to so badly. Ginny, I really hope we can talk when I get to headquarters. I get the feeling that Ron and Hermione won't be there for me as much. But I'm not mad at all. I'm glad they're finally getting together. We all know that they fancy each other.

Hoping that you are all well, and I'll see you tomorrow when I get there.

Love,
Harry


* * * * *

Reading the letter, he hoped it didn't sound too needy; he could manage just fine on his own. And he didn't know why he felt compelled to write "love" on the letter. Finally, he came to the conclusion that it was because Ginny had also written "love." He tied the note to Hedwig, who had seemed eager to show him how a proper post owl should act. She promptly flew out the window. Harry laid down on his bed and thought about the day's events. He couldn't wait to get to headquarters to see everyone again.It seemed like it had been longer than two weeks since he had last seen everyone. Besides, he really needed to be around his friends right now.

Strangely enough, Harry wanted to see Ginny the most. Maybe she was the someone he could confide in. And he really needed someone to confide in.

A/N: So, what did you guys think? I know, I know, it isn't much to start with, but it will get better--I promise!

One other thing that seems to bother some people. My portrayal of Aunt Petunia seems a bit off by some. However, I believe that after the previous summer, she may have gained some *gasp!*human qualities and she may be slightly nicer to Harry. Vernon and Dudley are still rude and crude, but hey, Harry never has to see them again, right?