Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

'Beauty and the Beast: A Tale of the Werewolf Marauder' by xromanovx

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A light fog was laying fresh amid the air over London. They skies were grey and sunless, giving off a gloomy aura. There was a huddle of ominous clouds coming from the northwest direction, signifying rain.

It was a rather "nice" start to a Saturday morning; owls were zooming here and there, delivering letters and other forms of post to the adressees. Owls could be out in the open in abundance, for the fog obscured Muggle's vision of the intelligent creatures.

One owl in particular was laden with a small package, and an even bigger envelope was clasped in her beak. In an eerily purple ink, the letter and package was adressed to a Mr. R. J. Lupin, who, oddly enough, resided in London.

The owl's eyes warily scanned for a house number on any of the post boxes that lined the curbs of the houses below. Her eyes fell upon the number sixteen, and she sped up to one of the house's upper room window. Perching itself on the musty sill, it tapped its free beak lightly on the window. A distinct rustle came from beyond the window, and the next moment, the window opened, and a hand reached out to relieve the owl of its burden.

The owl took off immediately after the hand had removed the package. The hand belonged to Remus J. Lupin, who at the moment was a very tired, agitated being. He was just amidst a rather enjoyable dream: he had dreamt he was full human again. Oh, how he missed his days of full-fledged freedom. But, alas, he could never get those days back.

Remus was a werewolf, and even he was amazed that he was accepted in to Hogwarts nine years ago. He reckoned that he would never had obtained such a splendid magical education if it were not for the Headmast at the time, who still is the current Headmaster. Yes, Albus Dumbledore seemed to find the good in everyone; even the freakish.

"Who would send a letter this early in the morning?" he inquired to himself out loud. He turned the envelope over to where it was sealed, and then a faint smile flickered upon his weary, tired face. The letter was sealed with the crest of the Potters, which meant that after all these years, one of his best friends had contacted him!

Remus hastily, yet eagerly, ripped open the envelope and spilled the contents into his hands: some sort of invitation, and a letter. Remus found his way over to his bed and seated himself upon it, and then unfurled the parchment letter, which read:

Dear Moony,

Hey! I'm sorry I haven't contacted you in the last two years, but I've been really busy. I think we all have.

Anyways... Moony, get your best tux and spiffiest dancing shoes, because I'm getting married! Lily said yes! I feel like a million galleons! But, Lily wants our first dance as husband and wife to be the 'waltz'. I know the whole 'one, two, three' steps thing, but she wants everyone to know it... so, she's booked a class for all the groomsmen, including you, Peter, Sirius, and a few of my neighbors, and the bride's maids, which will be girls Lily knows. The lessons are on Thursday evening, at five sharp, in the old cotton warehouse, which was turned into the dance school. We'll meet you out front! See you then!

Well, RSPV soon, alright mate? Good luck with work!

Sincerely,
James

(P.S.: You'll have to bring a partner! winkwink)


Remus laughed lightly and then folded the letter back up, and then set it down next to him. Next, he opened the invitation, which merely stated that 'you are invited to the wedding of James Potter and Lily Evans... blah, blah, blah, the place and the time'.

'Dancing? Lessons? I've got two left feet...and I have to find a partner... hmm... maybe there will be someone at work who will be willing to go with... me...' Remus thought as he placed the invitation on top of the folded letter.

Sighing, Remus heaved himself off of his bed, and the springs within gave an eerie creak. And with that, Remus pulled open his bureau drawers, and began to dress himself for work.