Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Summer of Several Attempts by allieb

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +



The summer was finally winding down. There were only two weeks left of the summer and there were a lot of things to take care before everyone headed off to school. For one, Harry need to get back and see his doctor in Surrey before term started or the Grangers would be some legal trouble. For two, Harry knew that he would have to see his aunt and uncle before he left again.

Lupin had kept track of them discreetly for Harry. They were both doing much better. Vernon had made almost a full recovery. The doctors said that he was such a cankerous person that he was too mean to die. Aunt Petunia was home with Dudley, her mental state was shaky. She was taking many medications for anxiety and depression, but her outlook was good.

Harry found out the hard way that he was not returning to school on the Hogwarts express. Hermione was reading the Daily Prophet one morning during breakfast. All of a sudden, she choked on her toast. She handed Harry the paper and showed him an article. There was a picture of him from fourth year from the tri-wizard tournament.

“Boy-Who-Lived Returning to School”

The Daily Prophet has learned from Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardly that Harry Potter will not be returning to Hogwarts on the Hogwarts Express. Harry Potter has been the target of several Death Eater attacks this summer. He is currently being guarded in an unknown location, most likely abroad. Potter will be brought back to Hogwarts using an undisclosed means before the start of term.

Parents should be aware that the absence of Potter on the train will greatly reduce the chances of a Death Eater attack on the Hogwarts Express. Dumbledore insists that the train is the safest way for the students to travel to school. But neither he, nor the Ministry of Magic can guarantee the train’s safety. If parents have any concerns related to the start of term, letters can be sent to Dumbledore or Deputy Headmistress Minerva McGonagall.



Harry read the article twice and had begun to fume. Why hadn’t anyone mentioned this to him? He walked over and handed the paper to Lupin who talking with Tonks in the kitchen. “I don’t suppose one of you was going to tell me about this?” he asked in a causal tone, but it didn’t hide his anger.

Lupin read the article quickly and said, “Oh, Harry, I’m sorry. It completely slipped my mind. Dumbledore and I made these plans weeks ago. I just forgot to tell you.”

“So where exactly am I supposed to be? And how exactly am I going to get to Hogwarts?” Harry questioned angrily. He was mad for two reasons, the first being that they forgot to tell him; the second was that he really enjoyed the train ride. It was part of the whole school experience.

“You are rumored to be in Bulgaria, laying low with Victor Krum,” Tonks answered cheerfully.

“I’m laying low with an internationally famous Quidditch player? That makes sense,” Harry commented sardonically.

“Well,” Lupin answered crisply in a no nonsense professor tone he used occasionally with students in class, “we’ve been feeding the Daily Prophet rumors about your whereabouts all summer. Victor Krum may not be the logical choice, but he is the only wizard you know personally who lives abroad. Besides, it’s just a rumor. The idea was that it would send the people looking for you in the wrong direction.”

“But why can’t I ride the Hogwarts express?” Harry asked, changing his tactic.

“It’s too dangerous for everyone involved,” Lupin answered in the same no nonsense tone. “Can’t you see that? The train runs for several hundred kilometers along a well known route. Death Eaters could stop the train at any point between King’s Cross and Hogwarts.”

“But can’t the Aurors guard me on the train like they guard me here?”

“They can, and some of them actually will be on the train anyway. The Aurors are concerned about the safety of every student, not just you. The best way to keep all your fellow students safe is for you not to be there.”

“But,” Harry said and then dropped off. The situation was out of his control and final. His desire to hang out with his friends on the Hogwarts Express was nothing compared to their safety.

Lupin continued, “We’ll either set up a Portkey for you or you’ll go by Floo Powder. Dumbledore may have something else up his sleeve though. He’s working out the details, I don’t even know them. All I know is that you will get to Hogwarts before the start of term.”

Harry was still angry, but he did see Lupin’s point. “I just wish you would have told me,” Harry stated more calmly.

“For that, I am sorry, Harry,” Lupin said soothingly. “It just slipped my mind. Since we haven’t discussed our plans for the last weeks of summer yet, it hadn’t come up. But now it has. You have a doctor’s appointment with Dr. Hanne on August 31st. Before you leave here, you’ll need to have all your school stuff packed up. Hermione has agreed to put your trunk and Hedwig on the train for you. We’ll travel back to Little Whinging on the 30th, and you’ll stay with your aunt at Privet Drive. She knows you’re coming for a couple of days.”

“That sounds fine,” Harry admitted. Going back to Privet Drive was a really crappy way to end the summer, but, like he said, it was only for a couple of days.

Harry’s mood was tarnished that morning and it didn’t improve as the day wore on. He was gradually getting a nasty headache. It started as a dull ache, but by supper it had blown into something really painful. He asked Mrs. Granger for some pain medicine. She looked concerned and decided to check his temperature, blood pressure, and his new scars to make sure nothing looked wrong.

“Everything checks out kiddo,” she said to him after completing her checks, still looking concerned. “Are you sure that it’s just a headache?”

“Yes, I’m sure,” Harry said trying not to act to exasperated.

“Well, here some acetaminophen, that should help,” she said handing him the pills.

“No,” Harry protested, holding his temples with one hand and handing the pills back with the other. “I need the strong stuff. The stuff they gave me at the hospital.”

“It’s that bad?” She said looking even more concerned. “I’m getting Molly, Harry. I don’t think this is normal. Something is not right.”

Mrs. Granger returned a minute later to Harry’s bedroom with Mrs. Weasley in tow. “Harry dear,” she asked, “can you tell me what’s wrong?”

Harry wanted to scream at them both in frustration, but instead he said, “I just have a really bad headache and want some pain medicine.” He looked back at Mrs. Granger, “Would you please give me the morphine, or whatever it was they sent home with me.”

Mrs. Weasley and Mrs. Granger exchanged worried looks. They started a rapid fire discussion about Harry.

Mrs. Granger said, “He’s asking for the same pain meds that they gave him after surgery.”

Mrs. Weasley answered, “He must be in a lot of pain then.”

“But why? What could cause such a painful headache?” Mrs. Granger asked.

“What are you thinking, another mental attack?” Mrs. Weasley replied, becoming more concerned.

“Maybe, can they happen when he’s awake?”

“I don’t know.”

“I don’t know either.”

Harry snapped, “Would you just give me something for the pain, please?” He held his head with both hands and started rocking back and forth.

Mrs. Granger said quickly, “I’m getting Remus.”

Mrs. Weasley put her hands on Harry shoulders and said, “Shh, Harry dear, it’s going to be all right. We’re going to get you some help, but if You-Know-Who is attacking your mind, then giving you something to stop the pain make it easier for him. We’re not going to let him hurt you. Dumbledore warned us that this might happen.”

“Did he tell you what to do about it?” Harry asked wincing.

“Yes, but I can’t do it. It’s complicated magic. He was teaching Remus how to do it. Here he is now.”

Lupin knelt down in front of Harry and said, “Harry, I need to see if Voldemort is trying to attack your mind. Try to relax; I’m going to use the Legilimens charm to enter your mind.”

“Whatever,” Harry said irritated, “just make it stop.”

“Legilimens,” Lupin stated softly.

Harry felt the flashes of his thoughts coming to the front of his mind, and without even thinking; he immediately threw up the lake scene and pushed Lupin out hard. Lupin lost his balance as if he had been physically struck and almost fell over.

“Harry,” Lupin said soothingly, “you have to let me in, I need to know what is causing the pain.”

“Sorry,” Harry stated flatly. He took a deep breath and tried to relax. “Okay, try again.”

Lupin once again entered Harry mind and with great effort Harry restrained himself from pushing him out. Unlike his other experiences with people entering his mind, Lupin’s presence was soothing and not invasive. He wasn’t looking at memories; Lupin seemed to be trying to experience Harry’s current mental state. Harry’s mind swam and his head throbbed as Lupin poked around. Lupin worked his way around Harry’s thoughts until a vision hit. It was Voldemort laughing ecstatically. Harry heard his voice ringing through his head, “You can never escape me, boy.” Harry watched painfully as he saw the farmhouse from outside. He looked to both sides and there were people in Death Eaters masks covering the lawn.

Lupin fell forward holding his head and left Harry’s mind as the vision faded away. Mrs. Weasley pulled him back to a sitting position. “Remus, are you all right?”

“Yes, Molly, Voldemort is in Harry’s brain. Harry’s under attack again.”

Just then, Tonks flew into the room, “Remus, the proximity sensors have been tripped. Johnson hasn’t returned from his rounds, this could be serious.”

Lupin stood up quickly, and pulled Harry into a standing position. “I need you two to round up the kids and get them into the basement,” he said sharply to Mrs. Weasley and Mrs. Granger. “I’ll get Harry down there now. Tonks, come with me.”

Harry’s head was so painful, it pounded horribly with every heart beat. It was preventing him from thinking straight. He dimly let Lupin and Tonks drag him from his bedroom to the front stairs. There was a Death Eater at the bottom of the stairs. The Death Eater was distracted and looking the other direction. He turned, saw them, and immediately shot off a spell, which went high and hit over their heads.

Lupin pulled Harry and Tonks down to the floor. Tonks from a crouch got a stunning spell off before quickly ducking back. The spell hit its mark and he dropped to the floor with a thud. Tonks moved stealthily down the steps, still in a crouch. From the bottom of the steps, gave them a curt little wave, without looking at them. Lupin then followed her down the steps, pulling Harry along with him.

While Harry and Lupin where still descending the staircase, Tonks shouted, “Stupefy,” and then there was the sound of smashing glass. They could hear screaming from elsewhere in the house. Lupin quickly stood up and pulled Harry into a standing position. He and Harry ran the rest of the way down the steps. At the bottom, they found Tonks surrounded by five Death Eaters, backed into a corner of the sitting room.

Lupin yelled “Stupefy.” The spell whizzed away and hit one the Death Eaters in the back. The Death Eater quickly fell with a soft thump onto the floor. The rest of the Death Eaters turned around as one and saw Lupin and Harry. Recognition dawned on them and then ignoring Tonks, they changed targets to Harry.

The first spell grazed Harry’s left arm as it passed. An emotion came through Harry’s debilitated brain, anger. They were trying to kill him, again. The adrenalin of battle hit and Harry was finally able to function through the pain. He and Lupin managed to block or avoid all the spells being sent their way. They then quickly sent off another round. They managed to take down one more Death Eater. They were preparing to block another round when some new spells whizzed down from above taking down the rest of the Death Eaters.

Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Mrs. Weasley, and both of Hermione’s parents were standing at the top of the staircase.

Lupin look up at them relived. “Great work, you guys. Come on down, we need to get you all safely to the basement. I doubt this is all of them. Tonks, you know what to do, get going, and you better be back in less than ten minutes.”

“Right boss,” she said, and quickly crossed the room and left out the door at a sprint.

“She’s going for help, if her training was paid off, she should be back in less than ten minutes with an entire squad of Aurors.” Lupin commented. “We need to get you all into the basement.”

They all met at the bottom of the steps and then walked into the kitchen. The kitchen was deserted. There were a series of light flashes of all different colors coming in the darkening house through the kitchen window. Ron walked over and glanced out the kitchen window, while Lupin opened the magic door.

“Whoa,” Ron said backing away quickly to join the group waiting at the door. “There has to be thirty Death Eaters out there. There only seems to be one or two people fighting them. They are going to be overrun. They need help!”

Almost before Ron got the words out of his mouth a spell shattered the glass in the kitchen window. He ducked back, but wasn’t quite quick enough. A spell came through the open window and grazed him. Ron stumbled and fell on to one hand. For a second he looked dazed, but he quickly bounced up, pulled out his wand and shot a spell out the window. He was going to do more, but Mrs. Weasley grabbed him by the arm and pulled him back to the now open staircase.

Ron was protesting and pulling against her trying to get back to the window, “Mum, they’re getting slaughtered out there. We can’t just leave them.”

“Yes, we can and we will. I’m not losing you Ronald,” Mrs. Weasley shot back at him with an iron grip on his skinny upper arm. She was literally dragging him away. With incredible strength she pushed him in front of her and pushed him onto the old wooden staircase.

Lupin was leading the way already close to the bottom, followed by Mrs. Granger, Hermione, Harry, Ginny, and then Mr. Granger. Ron was next still being pushed by his mother, who was behind him. The stairwell was entirely dark. Just as Lupin stepped onto the concrete floor, the stairwell was lit up by a green spell as it shot down the steps. The spell hit Mrs. Weasley, who was at the back of the group. She slumped to the side of the steps.

“Mum,” Ron yelled, leaning down to check on her.

Harry pushed his way in front of Ginny and Mr. Granger and shot a spell over Ron’s head. More spells rained down on them from the top of the steps. Ron stood up to face the attacker just in time to get hit with an oncoming spell. He fell backwards into Harry, who fell into Mr. Granger, who fell into Ginny, who fell into Hermione, who fell into Mrs. Granger until they all were lying in a pile at the bottom of the stairs.

Lupin, at the bottom, managed to escape the human pile. He was trying to block the spells coming at them, and was having some success.

Everyone else was fighting to free themselves from the human pile, but Ron was on top and he was unconscious. Harry wriggled out first and moved up a step to face the five Death Eaters descending the stairs. The Death Eaters started laughing at him. “You really think you can stop us. We’re going to win, Potter. You should come with us now, spare your friends any more pain.” They were slowly getting closer and closer to Mrs. Weasley who was lying dazed in the middle of the steps.

Harry acted before he thought. He used a shield charm to block the spells coming his way and darted up the stairs and grabbed Mrs. Weasley around the torso. Using a bear hug, he managed to heave Mrs. Weasley back down the steps away from the attackers. Harry dropped her unceremoniously at the bottom and quickly put up a shield charm again to block any new spells. Harry then noticed Lupin behind him and shooting spells up at them too.

“Harry,” Lupin whispered, “You keep up your shield, I’ll attack from behind you. Hermione’s getting the door.”

Harry kept focusing all his power on blocking all the spells raining down on them, while Lupin both attacked them and directed Hermione getting everyone to safety. Harry took a quick glance behind him, and Hermione had the door open. Her mother was pulling Mrs. Weasley in the room; her father had pulled Ron into a fireman’s carry and was moving quickly away from the fighting.

Ginny turned up beside Harry, and she started sending all kinds of bizarre spells their way. She then pulled out a pack of Fred and George’s Instant Insulting Incendiaries, lit them, and threw them up the stairs. Twenty balls of light appeared on all sides of the Death Eaters and started insulting them.

Lupin yelled, “Brilliant Ginny! Now, run. Get into the room.” over the din. Harry and Ginny took off at a sprint to the open door. They heard Lupin yell some spell Harry had never heard and the staircase exploded as if is it had been hit by a grenade.

The Death Eaters and a whole lot of debris went flying in every direction. The three of them ran hard for the door and entered first Harry, then Ginny, then Lupin who magically sealed it behind them. Once inside, he checked his watch.

Lupin turned to the Grangers who were standing by the fireplace, “If everything went right, Tonks should be back here in less than three minutes with a squad of Aurors. But in any case, we need to be ready to evacuate.”

“Right,” Hermione said quickly. She walked briskly over to the fireplace and said, “Incidenium.” A bright fire started to burn giving the room an eerie look.

Lupin stood by the door waiting. “Harry, check over Ron and Mrs. Weasley okay.”

“What?” Harry asked incredulously. “I don’t anything about first aid.”

“Right,” Lupin conceded, “you man the door. If anything gets through the door, stun it, and ask question later, understand?”

“Yeah,” Harry answered sharply and walked over to stand in front of the door.

Mr. and Mrs. Granger were checking over Ron and Mrs. Weasley. Mr. Granger spoke to Lupin first, “Ron is okay, I think. His breathing is good, heart rate strong, but he has some minor abrasions from the fall. You should probably check Molly.”

Mrs. Granger spoke up then, “Molly’s okay too, her breathing and heart rate are strong.”

Hermione chimed in, “Then someone should look at Ginny.” She was sitting next to Ginny with a comforting hand on her shoulder. Ginny was sitting down on the ground looking very pale. “She’s bleeding.”

Lupin made a bee line for her as did Mrs. Granger. Mrs. Granger looked at her back, where the bleeding was coming from. “Oh, honey,” she breathed surveying the injuries. She had several large pieces of wood in her back, a by product of Lupin’s explosion. The wounds didn’t seem deep or serious, there were just so many of them. They were oozing blood slowly.

Lupin looked at it in shock and said, “Oh, my.” He looked to Mrs. Granger, “I’m open to suggestions here. I know enough first aid to patch people up, but I’m not a healer. This goes beyond what I can do.”

“I don’t know what we can do, but I do know what we can’t do. Unless you can wave that wand of yours and remove all the wood and seal up the wounds at the same time, we can’t possibly take them all out here without the chance of her bleeding to death,” Mrs. Granger stated quickly.

“Please don’t,” Ginny said frightened. She started crying quietly.

“Sorry Ginny,” Mrs. Granger said in soft soothing tone, “that was an awful thing to say. You’re going to be okay.” She then addressed Lupin, “What it comes down to is that she needs to be seen by a doctor, or healer or whatever you call them. She needs to go to St. Mungo’s or a hospital.”

“Agreed,” Lupin nodded to her, “Ron and Molly should go too. The question is how to get them there. I have Floo Powder, but the person needs to be able to say the place they’re going for it to work.”

“What if one person held the other?” Hermione asked. “Would that work?”

“It should,” Lupin conceded, “I’ve never tried it.”

“It works,” Ginny said whimpering. “My Mum used to hold me all the time when I was little.”

“Well,” Mr. Granger put in, “it’s settled. I’ll take Ron, you can get Molly, dear,” he said addressing his wife, “and Hermione can take Ginny.”

“I’ll be okay to go myself,” Ginny said standing up.

“We can’t leave Harry and Professor Lupin here alone,” Hermione remarked curtly, “I should stay. I could help.”

“No,” Lupin said firmly. “We need someone magical to go to the hospital with Ginny, Molly, and Ron. As much as I respect your parents Hermione, they won’t be able to do much at St. Mungo’s. They need you worse than we do.”

Hermione looked for a moment as if she was going to say something else but she decided against it. “All right.” She turned to Ginny and said, “Let’s go, Gin. You first, I’ll be right behind you.”

Ginny grabbed the Floo powder, threw it into the fire, stepped in, and shouted, “St. Mungo’s Hospital” Hermione quickly followed suit. Lupin helped Mrs. Granger get Mrs. Weasley into the fire, and then they left. Mr. Granger struggled less with Ron, but Lupin still helped.

“Listen,” Mr. Granger said before he left, “That’s my boy over there. Please take good care of him.”

“I will,” Lupin said gravely. “I have sworn my life to protect him. If things go south, we’ll retreat to Grimmauld Place. I’m just hoping to avoid that. It’s not secure. Tonks should be back by now with fifty Aurors. If all goes well, we’ll have most the Death Eaters captured by the end of the night.”

“I hope so,” Mr. Granger agreed, “we’ll be in touch.” Then he shouted, “St. Mungo’s Hospital.”

That left Lupin and Harry in the room alone. Harry had stood vigilantly by the door, watching the proceedings and now that the adrenaline of the situation was fading, his head was hurting again. It seemed worse than it was before. All of a sudden a wave of something hit, and Harry fell to his knees. Lupin hurried over to him.

“Harry,” Lupin said sharply, “can you hear me? Are you all right?”

Harry didn’t answer at first; his head felt like it was exploding. He managed to say, “He’s really angry. Something isn’t going right. I’ve never felt him this angry before.”

Lupin pulled Harry back to his feet and set him in a chair. Harry sat back and winced.

“What is it?” Lupin asked again.

“My back,” Harry stated blankly as the pain in his head began to fade somewhat. “It hurts.”

Lupin glanced at his back, and sighed, “You got hit with the flying debris too. You just hadn’t noticed.”

“You too,” Harry indicated to the debris covering Lupin’s arm.

“I know. But it’s not serious, yours really isn’t either. You only have a couple of bad ones. Poor Ginny, her whole back was covered. We’ll get you fixed up as soon as we get out of this mess.”

Harry dropped his head and laid it on the table. It felt cool on his scar and somehow it made him feel better. “This is one huge mess, Professor. I don’t see how I’m going to make it out of this alive.” He looked mournfully through his haze of pain over at Lupin who was now guarding the door.

Lupin looked at him and then turned quickly away. “Damn it Harry, do you have any idea how much you look like your mother? Listen to me; you are going to live through this. But you have to fight, Harry. It’s the only way you’re going to make it. And I know you have it in you, Harry James Potter. If you have even half your father’s talent, you’ll be able to fulfill your destiny and live to tell your grandkids about it. But I need you here with me now.”

Harry thought of his father and then of his mother. Lupin was right, he needed to fight. He needed to be strong. He needed for his headache to go away. He got up and stood on the other side of the door from Lupin. “All right then, I’m here, Moony. Now what do you want me to do?”

Lupin laughed at the Moony reference, “Thank you, Prongs Jr. I want you ready for an attack. The next people who come through the door will either be Tonks and Aurors or twenty Death Eaters. And if it’s the latter, we need to be ready.”

To their great fortune, it was Tonks who arrived at the door just a few minutes later. She came through the door with a calm reserve that Harry had never seen before. She looked formidable. Underneath her bubbly exuberance was a very powerful witch. She addressed them both in a relived voice, “We got him. You-Know-Who was here and he’s in custody. The Aurors are taking him and about twenty Death Eaters back to Azkaban now.”

“You’re kidding,” Harry said in disbelief. “They actually captured Voldemort”

“Yes, I saw it for myself or I wouldn’t have believed it either. That is one scary guy. Those eyes are horrible,” she admitted, shuddering a bit.

“Then it’s over?” Harry asked tentatively to Lupin. “But this can’t be it.”

“I doubt it is,” Lupin said cautiously. “He might be captured, but this isn’t over yet.”

“Gees Remus, you’re a killjoy,” Tonks reprimanded. “Enjoy the moment.” She gave them both a quick look over and then said, “We should probably get both of you to a healer.”

The three of them left the cellar and went upstairs; using a ladder Tonks had conjured. The fighting was over, but there was still a remarkable amount of activity outside. The Aurors were holding the Death Eaters in an Anti-Apparition shield. There were healers on site now and they had set up a makeshift tent for the injured. At Tonk’s insistence, they went outside and made their way to the tent.

They entered the makeshift tent, which looked like a Muggle tent on the outside, but when they walked in, it looked like they were inside St. Mungo’s. They walked to a healer sitting at a small desk near the entrance of the then. He looked them over.

“Oh my,” the healer said, “Harry Potter.” He quickly recovered himself, and said to him, “Are you injured?”

“My back,” Harry said absently. The nice thing about being in Muggle care was that at a Muggle hospital he wasn’t the famous Harry Potter, he was just Harry Potter. He almost wished he was back in the hospital in Surrey.

The healer glanced at Harry’s back and then said, “That’s not too bad, Madam Viola can look after you, and she’s in the purple robes. Now what about you two?” he said looking at Tonks and Lupin.

“We’re with him,” Lupin said shortly.

They all walked over to a woman wearing violet robes and sat and waited till she was done with her other patient. Madam Viola looked at Harry and gasped. “Harry Potter,” she said in disbelief, “I can’t believe I’m meeting you in person.”

Lupin answered for Harry, “Hello, Madam Viola is it? Harry has had some injuries to his back and he needs them fixed up.”

“Who are you?”

“Remus Lupin.”

“Are you related to Harry?”

“No, I’m not. I’m just looking after him for the moment.”

“What about you?” she asked, addressing Tonks. “Are you related to him?”

“No,” Tonks said. “Why?”

“I can’t treat him without permission from his guardian, unless it’s a life threatening situation. I know his parents are dead, but doesn’t he live with an aunt or something? Can you get her permission so I can help him?”

“Is there anyway we could get around that?” Lupin asked hopefully.

“No, I could get in a lot of trouble. There is a magical contract that all healers sign with the Ministry. All wizards, under the age of seventeen, need to have a parent or guardian permission before treatment can begin. Contract violation has very bad consequences. Depending on the level of the breech, I could be fired from St. Mungo’s, or sprout boils from my hands.”

“So would anyone here be able to treat Harry without his aunt’s permission?” Lupin asked a note of desperation in his voice.

“No, no one could. They would in violation of their contract and the Ministry would take action against them. Especially in this case, with such a public figure. No one can afford to take the chance.”

“My aunt is hundreds of kilometers away in Surrey, so medicated she probably doesn’t even remember her last name. What do you want me to do? Pull them out myself?” Harry asked her exasperated.

“I’m really sorry Mr. Potter, I really would like to help you, but I can’t go against my contract. I could be fired. I need the job, I have three kids.”

“Okay, fine,” Harry answered angrily, “I’m just going to walk back to Surrey with wood pieces stuck in my back, find my aunt, have her sign a stupid permission slip, and walk back.” With that Harry turned away and walked out of the tent. Lupin and Tonks followed.

“Now what?” Tonks asked Lupin.

Albus Dumbledore walked toward them from the groups of people milling around the Anti-Apparation shield. “They won’t treat Harry right? I’ll take care of it,” he stated resolutely walking over to them. “Come on Harry.” They walked back into the tent.

Dumbledore talked quietly for several minutes with Madam Viola alone, and then waved Harry, Lupin and Tonks over. “She’s going to help you Harry. Thank you Madam Viola.”

Dumbledore waited with Lupin and Tonks while Madam Viola fixed Harry up. It took longer than he expected, and hurt a lot more too. But in an about an hour everything was done and she gave Harry a couple of potions to take the next day.

“It was nice meeting you Harry,” she said at the end. “I hope you won’t hold this against me. I need to feed my kids.”

“Thanks,” Harry said with politeness he didn’t feel, “It was nice meeting you too.”

With that they left the medical tent and watched as the last Death Eaters were carted away. It was a surreal scene. The end of the second war, Voldemort in custody, and Harry finally left go a breath he didn’t know he had been holding. He might live through this after all.