Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Tarrying Hope by IsisBlack

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Summary: He doesn’t know, he hasn’t realized it yet; his closest friend was always there for him. She was always there for him.

Author’s Note: another fanfiction. It’s rather short but I put a lot of my emotions here…

Disclaimer: Harry Potter = Not mine. Too bad! The song ‘Stay’ is sung by Carol Banawa. Not mine either. She’s a great Filipina singer.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+


Stay


‘No, I have to keep on fighting! Everyone’s lives depended on it!’ Harrys’ mind struggled. He was in a very horrible mess now.

This was it, the Final Battle, and it was happening here, at the Great Hall, in Hogwarts.

After months of training…

After all of those deaths… Sirius… Colin, Ernie, Hannah and Susan. And then there was Ginny…’ Harry was angry now. Sirius was the closest link to his late parents. It was cruel to be orphaned but even more to have lost another parent. And now his friends and Ginny too were included in the mess. Ginny was almost like a baby sister to her and look what happened… And Voldemort just flicked his wand or just huffed a command…

‘And they were gone. Sirius was gone… Colin, Ernie, Hannah and Susan. Ginny’s… in a coma… All of it is because I wasn’t ready, because Voldemort just wanted me dead. Bellatrix got what she deserves… Now he’ll pay for everything.’ Harry thought bitterly.

He shot another Burning Hex and a Cruciatus Curse directly to Voldemort. Then, deflected Two Cruciatus from Voldemort.

‘Those are for Colin and Ernie!’

Crucio! Diffindo! Impedimenta! Furnunculus!” Harry bellowed, his body already ached from the deep gash Voldemort made by giving off a very powerful Diffindo.

‘Those are for Hannah and Susan! Fifty Crucios for Ginny then!’ Harry thought bitterly.

Distracted from pure hatred, Voldemort shot a curse at Harry. And pain seared to his left leg. He shouted in pain and stumbled.

Voldemort cackled sinisterly and addressed his Death Eaters.

“See, here, my faithful servants, this is what happens to those who tried to defy me…”

‘No, I didn’t try. I defied you. And you ruined my life!’ Harry’s mind was desperate. ‘No, I can’t lose any hope… I promised Ron and Hermione… I’ll get this over with. They didn’t have to know everything… I want them safe…’

“Oh, and Dumbledore, just look at your favorite boy now, injured. What do you think? The Prophecy will be finally fulfilled, Him: dead. Me: Alive…”

‘Damn that Prophecy! And Damn you Voldemort!’ Harry couldn’t stand. When he tried, he’d just stumble back down as pain shot through him.

“Maybe me and my Death Eaters will take turn of the others after I finish him and you!”

‘No, you don’t. You already ruined my life. Don’t you dare harm Hermione.’ He caught a glimpse of Hermione; his heart ached when she saw she had been crying.

‘Don’t you dare harm Ron and the Weasleys! Don’t you dare harm the others!’ He glanced at Ron; both worried for Harry and fury visible on his eyes directed to Voldemort. He saw Tonks, Remus, Professors McGonagall and Flitwick on the foreground.

Something from within Harry erupted. He stood up very slowly, clutching his wand, the twin wand of Voldemort’s. He can feel it. Something from his heart was opened up. It was new and at the same time, it felt like he’s had it for a long, long time.

Love, mingled with Hate. Two emotions mingled with one another. It made him stronger.

The Order gasped.

“You think so, Tom? I think not.” Harry hissed.

Harry spoke the one curse that he’s been keen to not use until he faced the very person to receive his first of it. Just for him.

Avada Kedavra!” he bellowed, wand clutched in his bloodied right hand, pointing at the surprised form of Lord Voldemort.

Voldemort tried to counter it with his own Unforgivable but this one was different. There was pure white mist encircling the green jet of the curse Harry fired. It was so powerful, Voldemort tried to counter it twice, with no success.

The green flash of light seemed to have surprised him as the white mist wrapped itself around him. Red eyes widened, Voldemort dropped, and that finally did it. Without even a single shriek, the Dark Lord died. And it was as if, something heavy was taken away from Harry, everything was okay now. Everything.

Bliss, that’s what it is. But then again, bliss was just for a moment. The next of them was beyond pain…

Avada Kedavra!”

“No! Harry, watch out!”

“No, Hermione, don’t!”

Harry turned around, only to find himself a foot away from the approaching Unforgivable and a running Hermione.

‘No, Hermione, don’t!’ His mind seemed to have mirrored what Ron shouted. In shock, Harry just felt himself being tumbled down into the ground and a pair of loving arms surrounding him.

Hermione.

He felt this feeling before, this protection, Love. Waves and waves of it seemed to have enveloped him. And it was all because of her.

Harry heard plenty of screams and gasps, and that snapped him back from the shock. He clutched Hermione, which was above him when he froze.

‘No, you can’t do this, Hermione. No!’ His hands, both of them bloodied, clutched Hermione’s cold shoulders.

‘Avada Kedavra is an Unforgivable that you cannot escape the second time around Harry. Even if you did, there was always a price. And remember, the effect is instant.’

Dumbledore’s concerned voice echoed to him. Harry groaned and tried to sit himself up and propping Hermione to his arms.

“No, please, Hermione, you can’t do this!” He moaned. He saws her face, her eyes and her lips.

It was unbelievable. He’s never seen it before.

From the usual shocked face he has known from the victims of the most Unforgivable Curse, this was out of the ordinary.

A ghost of a smile etched across from Hermione’s face. Tears freely flowing from her eyes, which was flickering with a spec life that was left of it. But why is that?

“Hermione? Can you hear me? What”what did you just do? Please, don’t go.” He whispered. He could sense stares directed at them both. There were two pairs of feet thumping, approaching them and he looked up. It was Dumbledore and Ron.

“Harry… is she…?” Ron’s voice broke.

“No, she’s not… it can’t be. Just look.” Harry muttered. “There has to be a way for her to stay! Professor!” His eyes averted to Dumbedore, seeking for some hope. ‘There has to be a way for her to stay!’

“No, Harry. Hermione…she’s… gone.” Dumbledore’s face all screwed up, unable to hide great grief.

“NO SHE’S NOT! LOOK! LOOK STRAIGHT TO HER EYES! SHE’S NOT!”

From then on, it was a blur to Harry…

Hermione… she’s… gone. Those words echoed through his mind. Gone…His vision completely blurred, but still, he held his best friend’s body close to him.

‘No, she isn’t. She can’t. She promised. We promised. No one’s going to leave. Ever.’ His mind struggled before darkness and exhaustion took over him.


= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I want you to stay, never go away from me.
Stay forever…
Why did you have to leave me when you said that Love will conquer all?


“Harry”you’re a great wizard, you know.”

“I’m not as good as you.” Said Harry.

“Me!” said Hermione. “Books! And cleverness! There are more important things”friendship and bravery and…”

Love.

Love conquers all; let us all yield to Love.

-Virgil


= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =


Author’s Note: Aww… Sad, isn’t it? Well, that’s what I feel about now. Great sadness. Loneliness. Well, that’s what I had in mind while I talked to myself about a thing or two with this whole story. I’m dead lazy but when I have these moods, my hands and fingers tends to be out of control. Please, please review if you liked it! Thank you!