Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Tarrying Hope by IsisBlack

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Author’s Note: Another fanfic. It’s really short, but I put a lot of my emotions in here… I’m sure anyone can relate to this…

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Tarrying Hope

Harry was alone most of the time. It was a week ago when the one of the worst days of his life have happened.

Hermione’s gone.


“Harry, mate. It’s”it’s from… It’s from Hermione. She wrote it before the Final Battle… Before”she…” Ron’s voice was quivering, his face full of tears.

Died. She died shielding the Killing Curse that Malfoy had thrown behind Harry right after he defeated Lord Voldemort.

Harry clutched the piece of parchment and read the letter…



I was always there by your side, Harry. It was almost I know everything about you. I keenly observed your every move.

I see that you carry the weight of the world in your shoulders, yet, you never show tire in those enlightening emerald eyes of yours.

I saw you, sitting in the corner of the room, with that ancient-like frown on such a refined face… And you never saw me… I, the one who was always there and always will be there for you, the one who held you when you were at loss, when you were in need of comfort, when you need a friend to hold on to.

But, I ask myself, ‘a friend’?

Yes, to you, I am your friend.

But as for me?

Would I ever be able to get this over with?

Will I ever allow myself to betray my heart?

Can I take up the challenge and hold back this feeling?

And then an answer: FOR YOU, only for you. I can. I will.

I would not allow another weight to put on your already exhausted shoulders. No, you’ve had enough.

It was like, I’m your spectator, and you are my inspiration.

You were the reason that’s why I continue to exist and be sane…

When this war ends, I will tell you at last that I always have such great faith in you.

This is for you.

When we were friends, together with Ron, it was as if, I’ve been reborn. I was extremely happy. I got two great best friends! Ron-I-don’t-like-to-study-Weasley. And you.

No, I know you’ll get frustrated when I say the title the people gave to you. So, this is what I’ll have to say…

Harry Potter, my greatest, best friend whom I love, with all my heart.

But, at first, I loved both of you and Ron, very much. There were these times that, when I was alone, you were there. When you were alone, I was there. I think we’re kind of been busy not to even see it from the beginning. You were there for me. I never realized that. I was there for you, you never realized that either.

I know, Harry, that you’ve been hiding something from both Ron and me, from everyone. But, because, I know you did want to keep it to yourself to keep us safe, there’s no harm done.

So, I’ll get it straight, all right? I loved you as my best friend only.

Now, ever since the summer before Sixth Year, I’ve been in love with you.

I don’t know. Love is a very complicated thing. I’ve been meaning to tell you this but, I can’t allow Ron to be, you know, the way he always has been. I don’t want to waste such a great friendship between the three of us. I know I’ll miss it.

So, I kept it within myself. Everyday, when I saw you stumble down, my heart just, oh, I don’t know! I think there’s this pain that I can sense in you, I’ve loved you even more because of that. I want you to share everything to me, even your pains. I loved you so much I did everything that I just did. So, there I’ve said it.

I know, when you read this, I’m… nowhere in sight. At least, that I can tell. But, this is what I’ll replace from the said promise we’ve had…

In times of despair, you will know, I’m there; standing beside you, feel me around you.

I just can’t leave you alone. I’ll be by your side. I promise you that. That’s how much I love you. And much, much more…

I will be touching that scar on your forehead, for it was the main reason we met…

Sometimes, I think, it’s already planned out.

Fate.

I thank you for the lasting memories…

And again…

I love you…

Always and Forever…

You were always falling…

My tarrying Hope…

My Harry…

All my love,
Hermione.



He looked up at Ron, unable to hide the tears of sadness. His body shook. He had enough. She was gone…

‘Hermione… I love you too…’ Was all that came to his mind as he cried…

Unbeknownst to him, she was there. Hermione.

But will you say that you love me
And show me that you care
Say when I need you
You will always be there
But if you go and leave me
This I swear is true
My love will always
My love will always be with you


“I love you Hermione Granger.” Harry finally said.

With that, Hermione smiled.

Fin


+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Author’s Note: Aww… Sad, isn’t it? Really Lonely. BITTERSWEET. Well, that’s what I feel about now. Great sadness. Loneliness. Well, that’s what I had in mind while I talked to myself about a thing or two with this whole story. I’m dead lazy but when I have these moods, my hands and fingers tends to be out of control. Please, please review if you liked it! Thank you!