Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life Goes On by scarlet phoenix feathers

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Prologue





Hermione Granger was a bushy haired witch that had grown up a bit famous throughout her years growing up. On the train to her first year at Hogwarts, the Wizarding School she attended, she met two boys that would eventually become her best friends. The first, Harry Potter, had already been a well known name in the wizarding world, although he knew nothing of his tremendous popularity. Ron Weasley, the second of the two boys, was red-headed and had come from a family full of children and a muggle loving father. Although their initial meeting had not been the best of first impressions, they soon became inseparable after Ron and Harry saved her from a mountain troll on Halloween night during their first year. Together, the three of them spent the next seven years working with other witches and wizards to defeat the dark wizard, Voldemort. Voldemort and his followers, the Death Eaters, had spent years terrifying and torturing their own kind as well as muggles. Voldemort had even attempted to kill Harry after killing Harry’s parents. The failed attempt is what made Harry the legend that he was.

It was now the summer after finishing their seventh year. It was also the summer after Hermione lost her parents at the hands of Lord Voldemort. Technically she was now an adult but she still felt like an orphan. The Weasley’s had all but adopted Harry and herself and welcomed them into their family with open arms. They insisted that the two of them stay with them. This could also be in part to the fact that she and Harry had been dating the two youngest of the Weasley children. Ron and Hermione had been an item since their sixth year. They had spent the first five year that they knew each other staying at each others throats. They finally stopped ignoring the fact that they only fought to have a reason to be close to one another. The tension was something that they no longer could ignore. Ron confessed his love and Hermione was swept away. Now, it took Harry a little longer to come around. Ginny had always been there, but Harry looked at her as Ron’s little sister. However, in his seventh year, Ginny’s sixth, e realized how blind he had really been. It only occurred to him what she meant to him when he witnessed her torture during the final battle. As she lay there in pain he wanted nothing more than to take it away. She had put herself in danger to help him. They both realized that they would gladly give their own lives for the other. It was at that moment that Harry knew that he had met the girl he would spend the rest of his life with.

Arthur and Molly Weasley couldn’t be happier. Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred and George, the eldest Weasley children, had also gladly accepted the two into their family. They tried their best to keep close eyes on Ron and Harry. The young couples tended to want to sneak off from time to time. Spying on them had quickly become one of Fred and George’s favorite pastimes.

Upon graduation, Ron, Hermione, and Harry were offered the greatest opportunity available to a witch or wizard. They were invited to train with the best to become Aurors for the Ministry of Magic. The training took five years of isolated hard work. Hermione declined the invitation so that she could continue her work with S.P.E.W. and help all magical creatures. And, Mr. Weasley, the newly appointed Minister of Magic, helped her to open the new department, Rights of Magical Creatures. Ron tried backing out as well, but Hermione insisted that he go and dedicate himself to something he had always wanted to do. He had always lived in the shadows of his brothers. She reminded him that this was his chance to shine and stand out above the rest. It took a lot of persuading on her part to get him to go. Hermione simply explained that this would be good for them so that they could learn to love one another more and appreciate each other. It also didn’t hurt that after a not so innocent night; she said that he would a lot more of that to look forward to when he returned. Harry on the other hand made it quite clear that he had no intentions of leaving now that he finally saw in Ginny what he had been missing. Ginny also had to spend a not so innocent night persuading Harry to go on with Ron. She reminded him that she had a year left and that he could look forward to more of what she had given him when he returned.

Family and friends soon gathered at the end of the summer to bid the future Aurors farewell. They drank and laughed at things they had done and looked forward to the future. Hogwarts professors gathered as well to congratulate the young men and wish them well. During the evening Ron and Harry became noticeable nervous. They began to make speeches and through the nervous stutters they finally in unison, produced small black boxes and knelt before the women that they so obviously loved. They proposed to love them and return to marry them and live happily ever after. They themselves thought the happy ever after bit was corny, but considering all they had conquered it had been truly appropriate.

Upon conclusion of their awkward speeches Mad-Eye Moody told them it was about time to go. He, himself, was an Auror and close friend. He agreed to come out of retirement and accompany them and see them through the Auror training.

After many tearful hugs and farewell kisses, Harry, Ron and Mad-Eye apparated to the meeting point, where they would take a port key to the secret location.

Ron and Harry found the training intense and tedious, but they had every intention of finishing and being able to not only protest their fellow wizard and witches, but their families as well.

Ginny finished her final year at Hogwarts and returned to the Burrow. She found it harder once she returned to keep from missing Harry. She had classes and Quidditch to distract her at school. It seemed now that all she and Hermione did was talk about the two guys that they missed more and more everyday.




A/N Although this may be a bit of a slow start I thought it to be necessary to set up the rest of the story.