Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life Goes On by scarlet phoenix feathers

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
New Beginnings




Ron and Hermione walked arm in arm into the kitchen. Harry looked at the both of them not quite knowing what to say. Obviously he now knew everything. Ron’s eyes caught his mother’s. She was still weepy eyed. They were obvious tears of complete joy. Ron’s eyes continued to scan the room until he saw HER!!! He lit up. Ron walked around the table, picked up Rose, swung her and then pulled her close to his chest. Tears were appearing in his eyes.

“What’s wrong Ron?” Rose looked at the adults in the room.

“It’s okay sweetheart, tell him.” Hermione smiled.

The little girl took Ron’s face between her little hands. “What’s wrong…Daddy?”

Ron’s heart leapt to his throat. “Nothing, honey. Absolutely nothing.”

“Mommy, Grams, you were right, he’s crying.” She hugged him tight and kissed his cheek.

Harry had even resorted to wiping his eyes with the sleeves of his robes. His two best friends had been through so much together. They had the life that they deserved.

Hermione and the others sat around the table while Hermione explained how they were able to hide the secret for so long. “Well, I worked here so Mrs. Weasley could take care of me. She even began to disguise herself so that she appeared to be the one with child. We wanted the whole thing to remain a secret until Ron was able to find out. As far as anyone else was concerned Rose belonged to Mr. And Mrs. Weasley. We called on Madam Pomphrey who took care of the delivery. The only people that were in on the masquerade were Mr. And Mrs. Weasley , Ginny, Madam Pomphrey…Oh and Professor Dumbledore.”

“Ginny knew.” Harry screamed.

“Yes,” Hermione said, “And she was swore to secrecy. Do you really think this is something we could have hidden from her?” Hermione half laughed.

Ron pulled her closer to him and kissed her. “Hermione, I’m sorry.”

“What for?” She asked.

“For putting you through that .” He said trying not to choke up again.

“Ron, I wouldn’t trade a minute of it all.” Her face had softened and her eyes were locked on his.

“Well,” Mrs. Weasley said, “it’s Friday Family Dinner. I guess we have to make an announcement.”

“Oh no.” Ron groaned.

“What?” Mrs. Weasley looked concerned.

“Fred and George.” Ron said putting his head in his hands.

The room erupted with laughter.

He felt little hands on his arm. “It’s okay Daddy, I’ll beat them up for you.”

Harry shook his head. “Yep, she’s Hermione’s.”

*******

“Dinner was great!” Mr. Weasley said. “How about tea in the lounge?” He stood leading the herd. Everyone following.

The Weasley family made their way to seats about the room. Harry sat on the floor leaning on the sofa. Ginny settled in beside him knowing what was about to happen.

Children were sitting near the fireplace chatting and laughing. Rose was the only girl so far so she often found the boys to be quite immature. Bill and Fleur had two boys that were quite rambunctious. Percy and Penelope now had four boys which included a set of twins. They were beginning to show signs of possibly carrying on the jokesters tradition. Percy swore he was cursed to have to go through the anguish of living with yet another set of boys that had no conception of the rules, but he also learned to love them just the same. He had certainly had to find his sense of humor.

Mr. Weasley looked at his family grinning. “Tonight is a very important night for the Weasley family. Some one has a very important announcement and I want all of you to listen quietly.” As he added the last bit he looked directly at Fred and George. Both nodded confirming a silent promise. The others peered about the room trying to figure out what was so important to have this much attention. With that being said Mr. Weasley looked at Ron and Hermione, who then stood up and faced the room.

Hermione began slowly at the beginning and followed through trying not to pause long enough for any interruptions. When she finished the room remained silent. The look on the rest of the families faces was absolutely classic. Even Fred and George were speechless. Harry and Ginny still smiling at their best friends. Mrs. Weasley was again in tears.

“Okay” Ron said nervously. “This is the longest this lot has gone without speaking.”

George had remained quite just to long. “Wha…How…I can’t believe it, little bitty Ronnie is a ---” he paused. “a Daddy?”

Little Rose now was sitting in the armchair with Mrs. Weasley. She was much smarter than the family gave her credit for. She jumped from the chair ran to Ron and Hermione and stood between them taking a hand from each. She raised the hand with Hermione’s in it. “This is my Mummy.” Then the other. “This is my Daddy.” Then she sighed like they were the thickest bunch of people in the world. “What part of that do you not understand.” Chuckles could be heard around the room.

“Come on!” Charlie yelled. “How could she not be, she’s got Hermione’s attitude and Ron’s hair.”

“Don’t forget those faces.” Bill added. “I always thought it was like watching Ron grow up again. Although her hair is a bit wild.”

This was true. She had the flaming red hair, but it wasn’t silky like Ginny’s had been growing up. It had the bushy quality like Hermione’s. Soon the family got over the shock and not knowing what to say they just all began hugging one another.

“You know I really thought that was a possibility.” Percy said trying to act as though he had known all along.

“Oh stop,” Fred spat at Percy. “You’re just as much of a git as the rest of us.”

Percy shrewd his face. “Honestly.” He huffed, moving to the other side of the room with Penelope in tow. She looked at Fred holding back a laugh.

Everyone watched Ron closely to see if they could see how he was truly taking it. He was smiling, carrying Rose around in one arm and the other wrapped around Hermione. All three were happy.

Finally, things were how they were suppose to be.

*******

Hermione stood in the doorway of Rose’s room quietly watching Ron tuck her in. He was wonderful with her. Yet again he was before he knew that she was his child. Hermione listened carefully.

“You sleep well my little fairy.” He sounded like a pro.

“I will Daddy!” Rose whispered then she noticed a tear. “Why are you sad?”

“Oh honey, I’m not sad, I’m happy.” He whispered back. He then thought and said, “I’m sorry I wasn’t here with you and Mummy. You know I love you both very much.”

“Yes, Mommy and Grams both told me that you had to work very hard to be an Auror so you could protect us.” She said proudly.

Hermione was so proud of her. Once Rose found out what Aurors did she said she wanted to one like her Daddy and Uncle Harry.

Ron stood up and kissed Rose’s forehead and whispered. “Dream of the fairies sweet.”

“Yes Daddy, Good night.” She turned and closed her eyes.

Ron came to the door, face to face with Hermione. “Let’s go to bed, love.” He pulled Roses door closed and continued down the hall to their room.

Hermione reached for the door but Ron stopped her. He turned her to him, picked her up and carried her through the door.

“I wish I could have seen her grow up to what she is today.” He said as he sat Hermione on the bed.

Hermione’s heart sank. “Ron” She gasped, holding him tight. “I have something for you.” She walked to the wardrobe and pulled a box from the bottom drawer. She opened the box and pulled out a strange metal box that he had remembered seeing once at her parent’s home. “This is a DVD player. Your father and I have worked on this forever. All these years I have recorded everything on these.” She held up a shiny circular disc. “We bewitched the muggle equipment so that we could watch them without electricity.” She then pulled out a small television and sat it on the desk opposite the bed. They both curled into comfortable spots on the bed and Hermione muttered an incantation and the telly began to play.

Ron was amazed, there stood his Mum talking to him. “Hi Ron…Is that right Hermione?” She asked the camera.

“Yes, yes, keep going.” Hermione said from behind the camera.

Ron then heard his Dad’s voice. “Let me have a go Hermione, let’s get you on camera.”

He heard her laugh. “Not looking like this.”

Mrs. Weasley was talking to the camera again. “Yes dear this is for Ron, we have to get everything.”

And there she was. Ron smiled at the woman that he loved looking at him from the screen. He noticed her belly.

“Hi Ron.” She was waving, then turned sideways. “As you obviously now know about our child, this is me 9 months pregnant. Any minute now.” She smiled, then a look on her face told him that she was sad.

Ron put his arm around the Hermione that was sitting next to him. The onscreen Hermione spoke again. “I just wish you could be here. You know I love, we both do.” She patted her stomach.

“We do to dear.” He heard his Mum and Dad behind the camera.

The scene stopped. He looked at Hermione. “What happened?”

“That’s the end of that part, but there’s more.” She went for the box.

“Wait,” he said “later.” He pulled her to him kissing her.

Hermione was ecstatic. This turned out much better than she had hoped. She felt Ron kissing her neck and he laid her down. She was savoring every moment.




A/N No big secrets here but a fun chapter to write anyway. I like the idea of Hermione working with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley to record the events of the pregnancy for Ron. Hope you all like it and hope to hear from you all. Thanks for staying so loyal to my story.