Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life Goes On by scarlet phoenix feathers

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chudley Canons Forever



The Burrow was a bustle the following morning with the excitement of the opening game. The Canons had been training hard and plating even harder in scrimmages. The season was in full swing and they were ready to win, or at least that is what Cho said. The Canons were being led by none other then Oliver Wood. Cho had let them all know that he was worse than he had been in school.

The Weasley’s all stood around the lounge. They were sporting orange jumpers, hats and scarves. Ron had even announced he was wearing Chudley Canon boxers.

“Ronald Weasley!” Mrs. Weasley gasped as she slapped his arm.

Mr. Weasley had arranged for a portkey to the pitch. “Okay everyone, I think it’s about time.” He gathered Rose in his arms and ushered them out to the front garden as other family members grabbed a child hand as well. Outside the front door was a very long log that allowed them all to fit comfortably around it. “Hold on now, it should be any second.” They quickly began being pulled and the space around them sped by quickly. They soon felt the ground beneath their feet again. Looking around in amazement Ron was the first to speak up. “Let’s get in, we don’t want to miss anything.”

They quickly walked to the reserved gate. “Oh Minister,” said a young gate attendant jumping to address the man. “Right this way, straight to the top.”

As they walked through the gate Cho stopped. “This is where I leave you all, wish me luck.” The whole clan said their goodbyes and good lucks.

“Cho” Charlie stepped closer to her. “Good Luck, see you later.” He kissed her and went to join his family.

“Thanks, Charlie” She winked and turned on her heel, racing to the locker room.

*******

Ron had absolutely lost his mind. The box that had been reserved for them was huge and stocked full of all the essentials. There were omnioculars for everyone, butterbeer beyond any mount they had ever seen before and enough sweets to last Ron a week or the normal wizard a year. The Chudley Canons logo was plastered on any surface that was available. They had even completely stocked the room with the latest designs of jumpers and cloaks sporting the giant double C’s. Ron quickly removed his old jumper and threw on one of the new designs. He picked up a cloak that had the illusion of a flying canon across the back. “Hermione, come here.” Ron motioned her to him. “Here try this on.” He handed her a white shirt that had the double C logo on both sleeves and the canon zooming across the front and pointed to the private bathroom in the corner. Soon Ron had the entire family changing into the new clothes and assured them that they all looked wonderful.

Hermione stepped from the bathroom with the t-shirt on and one of the cloaks slung across one shoulder. “What do you think?”

“WOW!” The twins had said without thinking. Susan was still new to all this commotion and didn’t say much. After Fred thought about his reaction he was very thankful that Angelina had decided to join the team for some behind the scenes excitement and she also hoped to get the job as team healer.

Ron didn’t notice that his brothers were gawking at his fiancéeé. “Hermione!?” The shirt was very form fitting. The hem just touched the waist of her jeans.

“So Ron, I guess I’m going to have to support the big C’s, huh?” He didn’t quite get the joke, but several others had. To her surprise this didn’t actually embarrass her. She now knew she could relax around the Weasley’s and not worry about what they would think.

“Looking like that, they might make you a mascot.” Bill felt a sharp elbow in his rib. Fleur hadn’t liked the comment.

Hermione couldn’t help but feel a bit of pride. Fleur was jealous of her, plain old Hermione.

“And here they ladies and gentlemen, you’re Chudley Canons.” the voice reverberated throughout the room. The crowd began to scream.

Hermione walked past Ron. “Come on, let’s get a better look.” She took his arm and pulled him to the front row seats in their box, within seconds she and Ron were hanging over the rail and screaming for Cho and Oliver. Harry and Ginny soon joined them. Before long the entire Weasley gang was out of control. Chudley had managed two goals and had successfully kept the Wigtown Wanderers from scoring. They had Oliver Wood, they really didn’t expect many to get through. Cho hung high above the pitch watching closely for any sign of shimmering gold. The seeker for Wigtown hovered close by, but looked as though he didn’t really know what he was doing up there. Cho quickly began to dive then shot straight back up. They didn’t know what she was doing, but she sure was confusing the opposing teams seeker. Then she shot to the left and sped directly towards Oliver at the post. There, between two of the post flew the snitch. They could see Oliver mouthing something at her, obviously urging her on.

“Get it CHO!” Hermione screamed above them all.

Ron looked taken aback. She was really getting into this. He couldn’t believe he was thinking this right now, but he would have given anything to have her alone right now. Her found enthusiasm for Quidditch and that shirt nearly made him forget the game until she slapped his back with excitement. “She got it Ron!” Hermione bellowed. He missed it. He really missed it. All because of that stupid shirt. He smiled. All because of that stupid, LOVELY shirt.

Fred and George pulled out a large bag of fireworks much like the ones they had released on their last day of Hogwarts. Only when they released these, they sprayed orange fire all over the pitch and canons began zooming from them. The Canons loosing streak was over. Ron liked to believe it had something to do with Hermione’s attitude and that shirt. She could have easily distracted the other teams players from the box. It surely distracted him.

It hadn’t seemed so, but the game lasted nearly four hours. Children were still running about and screaming, all except for Rose. She had found herself a comfortable chair and curled up for a nap. Ron lifted her and carried her down to the pitch. The others decided to follow the team to the pub nearby for a quick party. They said that they would be able floo home and for them to take the portkey back with Rose. They went on pass the pitch and made their way to the log. As they approached the log they could still hear the echoes of the fans chanting . “Chudley, Chudley, Chudley!” Ron and Hermione held onto the log and soon found themselves back at the Burrow.

*******

Charlie ran across the pitch. “Cho, you did it!” He grabbed her around the waste and swung her. Mr.Weasley walked around congratulating the other players, while Mrs. Weasley walked calmly behind with Susan and Fleur herding the children.

“Come on Oliver, come on back to the Burrow instead. We’ll have a celebration there.” Fred yelled above the screams of the fans.

“Thanks, I could go from a bit of peace and quite.” He screamed back.

Soon after Cho and Oliver came from the locker room with Angelina, who had made sure everyone had come through unscathed. They found a fireplace and headed back to the Burrow.

As the adults carrying children stepped from the fireplace and those who apparated walked through the front door they lowered their voices. There on the sofa, Ron and Hermione lay with Rose on Ron’s chest and all of them sleeping.

“So, Angelina.” Oliver whispered. “You really interested in the job as team healer?”

“Absolutely!” She gasped.

“Do you think you could get these two gits to bring the fireworks to every game? It makes for great celebrations.”

“We’ll see what we can do.”

Ron opened his eyes. “Oliver!” He nearly threw Hermione off the sofa and Rose with her.

“Ron! Good to see you aren’t loosing any sleep.” Oliver joked.

“With all the excitement I needed a rest.” He said as he stood upright.

“I can see why.” He said as he glanced at Hermione’s attire.

“Oh shut up Oliver!”

Hermione had now gotten to her feet and took Rose to lay her upstairs.

Oliver focused his attention back on the crowd in the lounge. “Harry said you guys have made Aurors.” He looked truly impressed.

Ron shoved his hands into his pockets. “Well, yeah.”

Harry and Ginny soon walked in the front sharing one of the Chudley Canons cloaks from the top box.

“Decided to join us, Hey Potter?” Oliver smirked.

“Yeah sorry Wood, she’s a might better to look at than you. You aren’t to try it. When are you going to give something other than Quidditch a little attention?”

They picked up right where they left off before, taking cheap shots at one another. They laughed and shook hands.

“Good to see you.” Oliver smiled. “I see you finally slowed down long enough to let her catch you.”

“Are you kidding? Have you seen her on a broom?” He laughed. “Fearless. She isn’t afraid to get downright dirty when she plays.” he was remembering the broke leg and noticed the looks. “On the pitch.” he added quickly.

“Yeah, and you better steer clear, she’ll have you dating someone before you know it.” George quickly said looking at Susan smiling.

They sat around all evening exchanging stories and laughing. Mrs. Weasley had brought out trays of sandwiches and sweets. She soon realized at the rate things were going her house would be full of even more grandchildren.


A/N What about Hermione and that "shirt"? Maybe a bit out of character for her but I said 'what the hey'. She needed to loosen up a bit and what a perfecct way for her to do so. LOL Let me know what you think. Thanks to all the reviewers thus far and I hope to hear from you all soon.