Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life Goes On by scarlet phoenix feathers

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
It’s All In Good Fun



Things had become quite exciting. The snow had been falling for days and the plans were coming together. The wedding would take place on Saturday; however the wedding party would arrive on Thursday to ensure things were in order. They would be able to enjoy being at their old school and relax like they did years ago. Mrs. Weasley bustled around the Burrow stacking things here and piling things there so they could be transported to Hogwarts. The entire Weasley family would be staying at the Burrow tonight and helping get things moved to the wedding location in the morning. Harry and Ron walked in from the back garden, brooms in hand, dressed in their old Quidditch robes. Both on their faces were bright red from the cold air.

Bill walked in from the front. “Okay, we have just put the finishing touches on the place.” He noticed the two red faced gits. “Hey, how about some real competition?”

“Anytime big brother, we’ll spank the pants off you.” He smiled and slapped Harry’s back.

“Oh, is that right? Okay, we’ll call in Charlie and the twins.” He laughed still not believing his baby brother would be married in three days. Better yet, his baby sister was marrying the nut next to his baby brother. Charlie and the twins all came in laughing loudly at some prank that Fred had pulled on Percy. Bill filled in on the match.

*******


Ginny and Hermione were going over things to make sure everything was packed that they needed. They then heard the commotion going on downstairs. To the average person one might think that it was the sound of 100 Weasleys, but it was actually far less.

“Let’s see what’s going on.” Ginny jumped from the bed, throwing down her list and Hermione followed close behind her.

The girls came down the stairs to see the lot arguing over nothing more than Quidditch. To Hermione’s surprise Ginny had joined in the battle.

“Bill, just get your robes and broom and prove it.” Ron finally spat. Trying hard to agitate his eldest brother even more.

“Oh, you’ll rue the day little Ronnie.” Bill raced up the stairs three at a time and Charlie and the twins followed to get their things as well.

“What is going on?” Hermione said jumping out of the way to avoid bodily harm from the streaks of red that flew past her.

“Your fiancé is about to get clobbered, that’s all.” Fred said as he zoomed by.

“He wishes.” Ron called to Fred. He then looked at Hermione. “They think they can beat me and Harry. “Hmp…How crazy is that?”

“Well, can’t they?” She said crossing her arms. “There are four of them.”

“You don’t understand, we get George for beater. Fred is theirs, Charlie is seeker for them and Bill and I both play keeper and chaser. Simple, see?” He looked at her like it was obvious.

She didn’t know about that, but she shook her head. “Okay, we’ll watch” She looked at Ginny. “Just don’t get yourself hurt.” She said turning her attention back to Ron. “I sure would hate to have to bewitch you to float down the aisle if you get yourself mangled. Wouldn’t that make for a great wedding photo?”

“Yes dear.” He hung his head low mocking her.

“I’m serious Ronald.” She tried very hard not to crack a smile at him looking at her like a small child being scolded.

“That goes for you to Harry. I love a good game of Quidditch as much as the next witch, but if you get hurt, I’ll kill you.”

Although Ginny scolded Harry she would have loved more than anything to be in the air with them, BUT considering she just recently plummeted to the ground they wouldn’t let her on a broom for awhile. She still had pains that shot from her knee to her baby toe on occasion.

Harry’s eyes widened. “I haven’t opened my mouth. This crackpot here got me into this mess.” He pointed to Ron.

Ginny turned to Ron. “Okay, I’ll kill you.”

“Oh, you’ll have to wait in line.” Hermione added.

Poor Ron was now beginning to rethink this whole game idea. His brothers could be rough and he had no intentions of going toe to toe with two future brides. They were out for blood. Maybe he should get them to play. He laughed to himself.

“Awwww, look guys.” The other Weasleys appeared at the foot of the staircase. “Ronnie and Harry are in trouble. They can’t play.”

Albeit Hermione was more than a foot shorter than Bill she marched over to him. Fred and George darted out of her way. They had made it a point to not mess with her. She was one girl that could do some serious damage if given the chance. She stepped up the stairs so that she was now eye level with him. She reached out her hand and grabbed his collar and pulled him to her so that they were nearly nose to nose. “Bill Weasley” She began through clenched teeth. “Should any of you harm one hair on that man’s head before Saturday, I personally will see to it that you will never be able to please Fleur again, if you catch my drift. Do I make myself clear!!!?” She released his collar and brushed away the wrinkles and non-chalantly walked back to Ron’s side taking his arm.

Bill’s eyes were as wide as galleons and looked shocked beyond imagination. “Maybe…” He stopped to choose his words carefully. “We should postpone the match till a later date.” He managed to say without stuttering.

The others all shook their heads violently, agreeing. Ginny had a smile that went from one ear to the other. She had never seen her brothers so terrified by someone other than their mother.

“Oh No.” Hermione said calmly. “You will play a fair game of Quidditch and I will be there to watch Ron whip your bums.” Hermione felt Ron straighten up a bit and noticed his chest begin to swell. She just prayed he COULD whip them.

Hermione and Ginny put on their cloaks, scarves, and gloves. They might be out there awhile. As they headed for the back door. Ron ran ahead and opened the door for her, and he swore he heard her whisper, “You better kick their butts, don’t make me jinx him.” He smiled and put his arm around her waist and led her to the field they used for a Quidditch pitch.

*******

Bill and Charlie had been able to sneak in a couple of cheap shots when Hermione wasn’t looking. Fred and George were finding quite humorous. I didn’t matter what Ron tried to do to get the quaffle Bill had always managed to get it back and rather roughly for that matter. At one point Ron was hanging on by one hand with his leg on at the knee.
When he had finally managed to remount correctly Fred had bashed the one bludger they were using right in his direction. Bill had made two goals during this time.

They were in the air for what seemed to be an hour and Ginny and Hermione were nearly frozen to the patch of weeds that they were sitting on. “Do you see the snitch?” Hermione squinted as she asked Ginny.

“No, but you know how good Harry is at seeing that thing. Charlie never was much of a seeker.” She added the last bit to try and reassure Hermione that she wouldn’t have to eat her words. About that time they saw Harry bolt across the field and fly down soon thereafter and land near them. Ron followed nearly knocking him down in a bear hug. The rest flew to the ground around them throwing down their brooms and racing to congratulate them. The four older Weasleys picked them up and began carrying them towards the house.

Hermione was shocked. “They are being splendid sports, aren’t they?”

“I think you have them all scared.” Ginny laughed.

The girls picked up the brooms and followed them to the house. As they entered the back yard they noticed them not turning in the direction of the house, but the garden instead. Now Ron and Harry were desperately fighting to get loose. Hermione and Ginny dropped the brooms and sprinted to catch up, but it was to late. They had thrown Ron and Harry headfirst into the pond and then turned tail and ran for it. Hermione went for her wand, but dropped it and when she finally was able to retrieve it they were inside the house. She cursed under her breathe.

“I can’t believe them.” Hermione screamed as they came to the pond’s edge.

Ron soon surfaced with Harry in tow. Harry wasn’t a great swimmer to begin with and the weight of his robes had only added to the problem.

Ginny screamed, “Harry…Oh my dragons…Harry.” She looked at Ron’s eyes. “Is he okay?”

“I think so.” Ron choked pulling him out of the water.

“I’m fine.” He spit a bit of water out. “Just swallowed some water.”

Ginny put her arms around him and helped him to the house. Hermione grabbed Ron and helped him to his feet. “Oh, they have had it now!” Ron held back the smile that he felt fighting its way out. Someone else was on the receiving end of her anger for once. When they came to the door Mrs. Weasley had opened it to let them in. She had overheard her eldest sons carrying on about the prank.

“Mum, look at what they did to Harry.” Ginny nearly crying, helped him into the house. “He could have drowned had Ron not gotten to him. He has trouble swimming you know.” Both Ron and Harry were shivering.

Mrs. Weasley stomped into the lounge while the girls used their wands to dry them off in layers.

“BILL, CHARLIE, FRED, GEORGE WEASLEY, YOU HAVE ALL OF FIVE SECONDS TO GET DOWN HERE OR YOU WILL WISH HERMIONE HAD GOTTEN TO YOU FIRST!”

Hermione and Ginny had brought Ron and Harry to the overstuffed arm chairs by the fire to try and warm them up. It didn’t take long for all four to come down with looks on their faces as if nothing at all had happened.

Mrs. Weasley looked like she could have hexed them all. “Would you please explain to me why four grown men felt it necessary to throw a brother and future brother in law into the pond?”

The youngest three of the four turned to Bill. “Come on, Mum. It was a joke. You know, last bit of fun before they go off and get married.” He fought off the urge to laugh as did the others.

“Well, let’s not spoil your fun, although you could have ruined theirs.” She pointed at the other group of four sitting near the fire.

“I’m sorry.” He noticed Ginny in tears. He felt like an idiot. He walked over to his little sister and hugged her. She pulled away and flung her fist square between his eyes. She took Harry’s hand and led him to the stairs. She turned back to Bill. “I hope it hurts!! When are you going to grow up?” She blamed Bill, he was the leader. She left the room with Harry in tow.

Bill turned to Hermione and Ron. “I really am sorry.” He bowed his head and went upstairs to his temporary room wondering what Fleur would say when she found out. She always thought he played around to much anyway.

Mrs. Weasley looked at the others and they exited the room quickly wanting to bypass the same looks their older brother had just received. “Hermione, you best be getting him upstairs and warmed up. I’ll bring your suppers up and you can eat them in your room.”

“Thank you.” Hermione hugged the woman and coaxed Ron upstairs.

Mr. Weasley had gotten home with Ross soon thereafter. He had let her go with him today so everyone else could get things ready for the wedding. “Well, I’m ready to work on nothing but weddings. I’m yours till Monday.” Mr. Weasley said kissing his wife. He then noticed the two trays she was preparing for the two couples upstairs. “What’s this all about?”

“Well, your sons, excluding Percy, thought it would be fun to throw Ron and Harry into a half frozen pond. So, they are upstairs in bed and I told the girls I would bring up some food for them. You know they are lucky Hermione and Ginny didn’t kill them all. Although Ginny may have broken Bill’s nose.”

Mr. Weasley didn’t say a word. He stood there listening to his wife and wondered why his sons had to make life so difficult sometimes.

Mrs. Weasley followed the floating trays up the stairs and first stopped at Ginny and Harry’s room. She knocked. “It’s Mum, I have some food.” The door came open and Ginny took the tray and thanked her.

“And Mum,” she said, “I’m not sorry I hit Bill, I just wish you didn’t have to see it.”

“That’s okay dear; he had it coming to him. Eat up and I’ll see you in the morning.” She looked over her and looked at Harry already in bed. “Hope you feel okay.” He shook his head smiling broadly at the woman.

Mrs. Weasley then came to Ron and Hermione’s door. She tapped on the wooden panel and remembered back to when the boys were younger and always having spats of this sort, but now they were grown. She tried to keep from tearing up and she heard footsteps nearing the other side.

Hermione opened the door and walked back near Ron as Mrs. Weasley steered the tray their way. Ron tried jumping from the bed to get to the tray when Hermione intervened shoving back onto the bed. “Come on, I only fell in the pond not off my broom. I’m fine.”

Hermione ignored him and addressed Mrs. Weasley. “I’m sorry this went this far. I should have stopped it before it went to far.”

“Now dear, don’t you worry on it one bit. These boys would have done this with or without the game. They have grown up pulling these pranks on one another. Even if you had been able to jinx them they would have done it eventually. Just take care of my baby and make him keep warm.”

“And you take care of mine.” She knew Mrs. Weasley would see to it that Rose had eaten and put to bed properly.

“Mum,” Ron said through a full mouth of food. “Just make her stop by to tell us good night.”

“Yes, Daddy.” Mrs. Weasley smiled shutting the door behind her.

Ron still couldn’t get use to being called Daddy. “You want some?” He asked Hermione.

“No, you go ahead.” She thought she wouldn’t dare come between him and his food. “Do you think I’m to pushy?”

Ron nearly choked at the question. “What?” He didn’t know how to answer that question. “Well, that’s just you. You’re the level headed one that keeps everyone in line.”

“You make me sound like Percy.” This concerned her. She liked Percy, but she often thought he was to uptight.

“Oh no, not Percy. Do you think I could stand being around you all the time if you were like Percy?” He rolled his eyes looking disgusted.

She chuckled at him and thought maybe he was right. Percy could be a bit nauseating.

They both looked at the door when they heard a tiny little knock coming from the bottom half of the door. “Come in.” They both chimed together.

Rose opened the door and ran for the bad jumping. “I come to say goodnight. Grandma said hurry and she would read me a story.”

“Tell her you want to hear ’Sigmund the lonely Dragon’ it was m favorite.” Ron kissed her cheek.

“I know, Grandma told me. And it’s my favorite too.” She smiled. “Daddy, why are you fighting with Uncle Bill?”

“Well, were not really fighting. We’re just doing what brothers do. You’ll find out one day when you have brothers and sisters.”

“Okay” This seemed to satisfy her. She leaned over to Hermione. “Goodnight Mummy.” And kissed her.

Ron watched her pounced from the bed and skip to the door. “Daddy, how long do I have to wait?”

He was confused. “Wait for what?”

“A brother or sister.” She said

“Um, well, I don’t know.” He said slowly. “Goodnight Rose.”

“Goodnight again Daddy.” She turned and shut the door behind her.

*******

“Harry, you really should eat.” Ginny tried persuading him to take some of the soup like a mother would a child.

“Not now Ginny.”

“What is the matter with you?” She was beginning to lose her temper.

“All of that tonight. I looked like a child who couldn’t defend himself.” He knew he shouldn’t be angry with Ginny, but he was angry with himself and he had to yell.

“Harry, these guys have been going at it as long as I can remember and even before then. This is nothing new. The only difference now is you have been factored into it. That was just an initiation.”

“Oh great, what fun. Guess I need to learn to swim better.” He now laughed.

“Yeah, it might help.” She flung herself beside him. “You ready to eat now?”

“Nope!”

“And now why not?” She exclaimed.

He took her and rolled over so he was looking down at her face.

“Why, Harry Potter what are you doing?”

“Oh, Ginny Weasley, you know full well what I’m doing.” He leaned down kissing her and moving one hand trying to remove her robes. He then felt her tug at his shirt and pulled over his head. Before long he felt her skin against his and was glad to know that he had this to look forward to till the day he died.

A/N OOOOOOH, Bill's in trouble. LOL Hermione and Ginny have come out on top. The guys best be minding their p's and q's. It's not smart to mess with a girl and her wedding day. Thanks to all that have reviewed and I appreciate each and every one of you.