Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life Goes On by scarlet phoenix feathers

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Rehearsal and Roses



Ginny sat at the dressing table as Hermione worked on her hair and told her what the children had managed to get into. Hermione had large rollers piles onto Ginny’s head and then went to work on her own.

The door flung open and in strolled Ron and Harry, laughing.

“Good of you to join us.” Hermione said as she placed a hand on her hip.

Harry side stepped the wrath of Hermione and made his way to Ginny. “Nice look you have going on there.” He teased.

“You best be getting use to it. You got years to look at it.” She fluttered her eyes lashed and took his hand, giving a welcome kiss.

Ron noticed Harry’s warm welcome and wanted the same. “Didn’t you miss me?”

“Of Course, considering I haven’t seen you all day.” She looked like a neglected child.

“Sorry dear.” He looked a bit guilty and quickly took her into his arms. “Harry and I have been in the forest with Hagrid.”

“That’s nice.” She half smiled. “But have you forgotten the dinner tonight?”

“No, that’s why we’re here now.” He kissed her to keep her from making any further comments. “Thought I might sneak in a kiss or two before dinner.”

“Honestly Ron, Harry and I are getting tired of seeing all that.” She nagged playfully.

Harry suppressed a chuckle. “Come on mate, we need showers now, anyway. You wreak of something dead.”

An appalled look fell over Ron’s face as he swung at Harry’s shoulder. “Thanks a lot.”

“Oh, get on you two; we have to finish our hair anyway.” Hermione advised them.

“Fine.” Ron pouted. “When do I get a good snog from my girl?”

“Are you kidding? We have the rest of our lives to do that. We’re keepers.” Harry said making himself and Ron sound like a couple of stray puppies.

They rushed out the door and headed to the showers after taking a moment to steal kisses from their future wives.

************************************************************************

Mrs. Weasley looked about the common room ensuring that everyone was presentable, namely Fred and George. She smiled as she noticed that Angelina and Susan both were fussing over their ties. Mrs. Weasley didn’t have to worry anymore. Percy and Penelope were standing by the fireplace in their best robes completely wrinkleless and poised. Charlie and Cho were huddled in a corner arm in arm sneaking a kiss here and there. Fleur was fussing over Bill trying to hide his bruised nose with a color charm all the while reminding him it was his own fault. Mr. Weasley entered the room from the girl’s staircase.

“Everyone Ready?” He bellowed, and then he noticed the children missing. “Where are the children?”

“Madam Pomphrey has been kind enough to stay with them, as they had an early feast of their own.” Fleur informed him of the afternoon’s events.

“And the couples of honor will make an entrance once everyone is set.” Mrs. Weasley announced.

The well dressed family filed from the portrait hole and made their way to the Great Hall to join the other guests. Tonight would be an informal beginning to the big event to take place the following afternoon.

************************************************************************

Harry and Ron stood in the common room waiting for the girls to make their entrance. You would have thought that the wedding was tonight. Both Harry and Ron had a huge case of the monkey nerves. Beads of sweat had already accumulated on their foreheads and their hands felt like they had been coated in slug slime. Ron had both arms rested on the mantelpiece with his forehead lying against them. Harry was feeling nauseated. He took a deep breath trying to calm himself. They both jumped and turned to face the staircase when they heard the shoes of Hermione and Ginny.

Hermione was the first to appear. She wore a gown of pale seafoam and her hair had been swept up with stray curls falling to her shoulders. Small sprigs of baby’s breath were delicately placed in her hair adding just the right amount of contrast to her attire.

Ron could feel his head starting to swim. She looked amazing. What had he done to deserve such a gorgeous woman?

Harry’s eyes feel onto those of Ginny’s. The blue tone in her eyes was deepened by the midnight blue robes she wore. Her long locks tumbled down her back and shoulders in large scarlet curls. Her shiny salmon pink lips turned up into a smile at the look on Harry’s eyes.

“Ginny.” Harry gasped.

“Hermione” Ron whispered at the same moment.

That’s all that either of them could say. Hermione never thought that she would see the day that Ron Weasley was speechless.

“We need to be heading on down. I’m sure that everyone is tired of waiting.” Hermione suggested.

“Right, then” Ron managed still not breaking the eye contact he had with Hermione.

They made their way through the portrait hole just like they had done so many times before. They soon came to Hagrid, who was waiting at the entrance to the Great Hall.

“’Bout time ye’s made it. I was beginin’ to think ye’d changed yer minds.” He aggravated.

“Never.” Harry said as he squeezed Ginny’s hand.

“I’m supposed to announce ye’s all. One couple at a time.” He informed them.

“Ron, you and Hermione first.” Hagrid turned leading them to the door.

Hagrid pulled the doors open and scanned the room quickly then boomed. “Mr. Ronald Weasley and Miss Hermione Granger.” He stepped aside and held out a hand gesturing them forward.

“Ron,” Hermione whispered, “I’m nervous.”

He felt a pang of relief. “Me too.” He then smiled. “Just wait until tomorrow.”

Hermione took in a deep breath and released it slowly from her mouth. “I love you.”

“Me too.” He said again, not being able to say anything else right now.

As they made their way to the table they heard Hagrid erupt again.

“Mr. Harry Potter and Miss Ginerva Weasley.” He again stepped aside and gestured them forward as well.

Harry couldn’t make out a single face as they made the walk to their places beside Hermione and Ron. He could think of nothing other than taking care of Ginny. Protecting her till the day he died. As they came to their seat Professor Dumbledore stood and prepared himself to make a speech as he often did before and feast. “I would first like to say welcome to you all on behalf of the Weasley family and their future members, Harry and Hermione.” He took a quick pause as he peered around the room.

Taking in a deep breath he continued. “These two couples have grown together as friends amongst these walls and I find is only appropriate that they begin their lives together as husband and wife here as well. They have become the wizards and witches that I had hoped they would be one day. I will not continue to bore you today so again I say welcome.” A smile lit up his eyes and with a nod of his head he clapped his hands and the food appeared in their plates with extras popping up in large serving dishes.

It didn’t’ take long for the lot of them to dig in. Ron looked at the rather small whole bird that lay on his plate and questioned Hermione. “What are these?”

“Cornish Hens.” She whispered through a grin. “They’re delicious. Go on, tuck in.”

The entire table had nearly devoured the food that lay before them when a scream came from one end of the table.

“What in the bloody hell?” Bill groaned.

The entire table looked at him as Mrs. Weasley scolded. “Bill Weasley.” She then noticed what the major problem had been.

Rose petals began pouring from his nose and soon his ears had them falling out as well.

“Fred…George.” Mrs. Weasley demanded. “You stop this right now. Go on, fix it.”

They had been the first to burst into laughter but soon let up enough to deny the actions.

“Mum, we didn’t do it.” George was in tears from his fits of laughter.

Angelina looked at Fred and threatened him silently. “Really, as much as I would like to take the credit, I can’t.”

Hermoine and Ginny sat there shocked at the sight before them.

Fleur snatched up Bill to rush him to Madam Pomphrey. “Sorry Hermione…Ginny.” She mouthed as she led him out of the Great Hall.

Everyone began chatting and the dishes were cleared. Harry spotted the one person he had been dying to see since dinner began. “Remus, you made it.”

“Did you think I wouldn’t?” He hugged the man that was all that was left of his dear friends.

Remus looked extremely well these days being that there had been a breakthrough in treatment of his condition. The new potion, if administered with the wolf bane potion, would almost render the affects of the full moon obsolete.

Remus then admitted. “Tonks and I have been seeing each other for sometime now.” He declared. “We have just worried about the reaction of everyone because of the age difference.”

“Nonsense.” Hermione interrupted as she and Ron made their way to them. “You two are absolutely lovely together.”

Their attention soon rested on the gasps and murmurs of everyone else. Their small group looked to see what could be causing the commotion. Fred and George, both, were laying into someone awfully hard and as they strained to see, Hermione and Ginny dashed to their defense when they saw the white blonde hair.

“Stop it this minute.” Ginny demanded as she and Hermione jumped in front of Draco and Daisy.

“What in the name of Merlin are you doing here?” Fred growled.

“We invited them!” Hermione howled.

George then questioned her. “What made you do a fool thing like that?”

“Now you wait just a gnome nabbing minute. Don’t you dare talk to her that way.” Ron commanded as stepped beside his bride-to-be.

“Have you all gone mad?” Fred asked as Harry stepped slightly in front of Ginny to shield her from her irate brothers.

“Wait a minute!” Mr. Weasley’s voice echoed around the room.

“We’ll just leave.” Draco suggested. “We didn’t mean to cause trouble.”

“Like hell, Malfoy. That’s your middle name.” Fred glared at him not backing down.

“No he won’t!” Ginny exclaimed. “Things have changed.” She informed her brothers.

After a considerably long explanation the others backed off, but they still didn’t trust him. They all avoided him as though he were a dementor, keeping an eye on him at the same time. He was the enemy. Always had been, always would be.




A/N So how was that. I know what your thinking, Bill has had enough, but Hermione needed to get in on the pranks and this was perfect. Thanks for all the wonderful reviews and I hope this chapter update was fast enough. LOL again thanks.