Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life Goes On by scarlet phoenix feathers

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Favors Returned And Promises Made



The guests soon began to disperse and make their ways to their assigned sleeping quarters. Draco had requested a bedchamber anywhere in the castle other than in the Slytherin House. That place would only remind him of the person he once was. The Weasley’s insisted that he stay with them in the Gryffindor tower along with close friends. It was merely a way to keep a better eye on him.

Ron, Hermione, Harry and Ginny finally made their way to the tower after going over a few last details with Professor McGonagall and Professor Dumbledore. Standing outside the portrait hole they could hear the chatter from inside. As they stepped inside they saw Bill on one sofa looking somewhat peaked. Madam Pomphrey was informing them of what she had found.

“The closest thing that I found that could have caused the problem is some kind of fertilizer based potion. It obviously came in contact with his food.” Madam Pomphrey explained.

“Hermione said that she ran into the twins near the kitchen this morning.” Ginny piped loudly.

“Oh, no you don’t.” George defended himself. “We didn’t do anything. Those house-elves wouldn’t let us have so much as a pumpkin pasty and banished us from the kitchen.

Percy felt his two knuts worth of knowledge were needed. “I find that hard to believe.”

“He’s right.” Hermione said. “They were under strict orders to not allow them anywhere near anything.” She then turned to Bill. “How are you feeling?”

“Okay, but I would feel much better if these petals would stop falling from my ears.” They were no longer flowing but had fallen to a slow drizzle.

“Here.” She thrust a small vile of bright red liquid at him. “Drink this, it will make it stop.”

“How do you know?” Fleur asked her.

“Because I’m the one who soaked his Cornish hen in the potion.” She smirked. “Consider the favor returned you bully.”

The room fell silent as their mouths dropped open. She then continued. “It was a simple potion I once read about in Herbology. I thought it would be appropriate with the roses and all.”

Once Bill guzzled the potion, the rose petals ceased to fall from his head. Madam Pomphrey was even trying to stifle a grin.

Fred and George both began to bow to Hermione. “All hail, Hermione the Queen of all pranks.”

“Oh stop it.” She chuckled as the room also erupted into laughter, as did Bill.

“Remind me again why I am marrying you?” Ron Asked with a distorted look on his face. “You scare me.”

“Hey mate, just be glad she’s our side.” Harry said mesmerized.

“Okay, Okay, I’ll be good from now on, I promise.” Bill pleaded as he held his hands in a defensive position.

Mr. And Mrs. Weasley suppressed the smiles that fought desperately to come out. Hermione was definitely meant to be a Weasley. This event would be proof that she would never be without a family. Teacups in hand they sat laughing not aware of how this night might turn out.

Draco and Daisy sat quietly in a corner sipping tea and waited for the opportunity to speak with the only obvious friends they had. Hermione forced Ron to the corner as did Ginny with Harry.

“Hermione, you have been more of a friend than anyone has ever been to me, and I daresay that I don’t deserve it. I knew the chance I was taking by coming here, but I had to come. This is my way of saying I promise to always be a friend from this forward.”

Ron felt his stomach twist with anger, but he promised Hermione to ’be good’.

Hermione addressed Daisy. “You just keep him in line, alright. He’s a good guy; he just needed his eyes opened.”

Daisy nodded as she shifted in her seat, obviously uncomfortable from the pregnancy.

Remus and Tonks stopped by the group in the corner. “Goodnight” Remus nodded. “See you in the morning.”

Tonks then added. “Let me know if you need any help, you know I have a way with appearances.”

“You don’t mean that you are going to bed now?” Harry asked him. “The party hasn’t even begun.”

“You go on. This is for those of you who are still a bit young. I have other things that need tending to.” He took Tonks by the hand and led her to their room.

They all chuckled under their breaths.

“Goodnight” They all chimed in unison.

“Ginny” Hermione turned her attention to her. “I need to go to the kitchen. Want to go?”

“Sure” She jumped from her seat. “Be back in a minute.” She kissed Harry.

Hermione kissed Ron who was beginning to lighten up a bit around Draco.

************************************************************************

Harry and Ron tried to play the good little hosts that they promised they would be. Draco had yet to say or do anything that remotely reminded them of his old demeanor. Mrs. Weasley snagged up Daisy and began to fuss over her cute protruding belly. The dinner had gone by so quickly that they hadn’t had the time to visit with their friends. Neville showed up looking quite impressive. He was still single, but only because of the strenuous schedule at St. Mungo’s.

Seamus Finnigan appeared beside Ron. “Hey, it’s about time I see you guys face to face. All of the articles in the paper make me think I never really knew you guys at all.” Seamus too, was still single. Ha and Lavender had been an item on and off for years. Right now they were off, even though she was there as well.

“So, how’s Lavender?” Harry asked him.

“Neurotic!!” He said extremely loud as he shot a glare in her direction.

“Psycho!!” Lavender screamed not missing a beat.

Ron and Harry both looked at Draco and the three of them stifled laughs.

“Women.” Seamus grumbled. “You guys are so lucky. You have such understanding and sweet girls.”

Ron about choked on the gulp of Firewhiskey he had just taken. “Are you kidding me? We are talking about the same girls here, right? Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley.”

Seamus thought back to their childhood. “Okay, point taken.”

The Portrait whole flung open and in walked Dean Thomas loaded down with crate. He sent them flying through the air with a quick flick of his wand and sat them down gently. “Provisions dear sirs. It’s time for a party.”

The common room soon looked like it had when they were all students. Laughter permeated the room as Mr. Weasley attempted to balance a bottle of Firewhiskey on his nose. “Like this?” He asked Lee Jordan.

“Hi’ya Ron.” Luna Lovegood appeared to be made of ….plastic wrap.

“Uh…Hi…Luna.” Ron was at a loss for words. “You look…preserved.” Harry elbowed him and bent over pretending to pick up something in order to hide the smile that was plastered across his face.

“Oh this…it’s a treatment to open my pores.” I read about it in the Mediwizards World. It said it’s supposed to cleanse them properly and prevent body odor.”

Draco had just put his bottle to his mouth and his eyes widened at the comment.

“Where’s Hermione and Ginny?” She then asked never once stopping to take a breath.

“Um…” Harry stammered, thinking that they should be back by now. “They went to the kitchen.”

“No, I just came from there. Where do you think this all came from?” She asked pointing at the clear plastic around her.

Ron thought it was a good thing it was wrapped in thick layers. It prevented anyone seeing anything they shouldn’t.

Harry looked worried, as the girls were still gone. He made his way to Charlie who was discussing, very loudly, with Hagrid, the topic of dragons and their importance in the Wizarding World.

After Harry quickly informed them of the girls long absence Charlie was on a table trying to get the attention of the crowd in the room.

“Hey!! Has anyone seen Hermione or Ginny in the last hour?” He bellowed.

No one answered and the entire room soon became concerned.

Harry dashed up the stairs and soon returned to the common room with the Marauders map and Crookshanks. As much as they hated him they were glad that Hermione had brought him. He would prove to be useful in the search.

The room all stood around in amazement as Harry tapped the map and spoke the words that opened it. ‘I solemnly swear that I am up to no good


A/N Okay, for those of you asking, yes Hermione did it. Hahaha. She needed to get in on the fun. And how about the girls. Where are they you ask. Well, I can't tell just yet. Don't you just hate the cliffhangers? Thanks to everyone that has taken an interest in the story and I hope that you continue to enjoy!!!!