Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life Goes On by scarlet phoenix feathers

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Return




“Oh dear, I have so much to do, where do I begin?” Mrs. Weasley scrambled through the house trying to get things ready for Ron and Harry’s arrival.

“Now, Mrs. Weasley, they will be here much later, besides do you really think they care what the house looks like,” Hermione placed her hands on her waist laughing at the woman running frantically about.

“Mum,” Ginny called from upstairs “I need new dress robes, I want to look stunning when Harry returns. Want to go into Diagon Alley and help me pick out something spectacular.”

“That will be great and I’ll buy!” Mrs. Weasley was happy that they no longer had to struggle just to get everyday things and although her daughter was an adult and had her own job she enjoyed trying to spoil her a bit now.

The Weasley family had never been a wealthy family. They managed, but they were seldom able to purchase anything that wasn’t on a sale rack or second hand. Now that Mr. Weasley was Minister of Magic they were somewhat comfortable. Their grown children would object when they tried to splurge on them. The Weasley children always reassured their parents that they learned great lessons from not beings handed everything to them. They had learned to appreciate what they had. This in turn made them responsible adults. Fred and George may be careless sometimes, but responsible when it came to their business and money.

“What about me!” said a little voice from the kitchen?

A new addition had been added to the Weasley family since Ron and Harry’s departure. There was now a little red-headed that had been quite a surprise.

“Yes, you as well” Mrs. Weasley’s heart skipped at the sound of the little girl.

“Ginny, we’ll leave as soon as Rose is finished with her breakfast” Mrs. Weasley yelled up the stairs to the eldest Weasley daughter.

“I’m DONE!!” The door to the kitchen flew open and a red-headed four year old came rushing into the room.

Mrs. Weasley turned to yell again up the stairs at Ginny when she met her face to face.

“Ready” Ginny chimed smiling ear to ear.

“Oh, I’m so excited” chanted Hermione, “I really should act more mature but I can’t help it” she grabbed Ginny and started dancing around the room.

Hermione and Ginny had spent five years buried in work to make time pass quickly. Hermione continued her work at the Ministry. She was determined to have every magical creature treated with respect. S.P.E.W. had been just the beginning. She teamed up with Remus Lupin to ensure equal rights for werewolves. After S.P.E.W., this had become one of her biggest concerns. Ginny on the other hand, chose a career that was a bit more exciting. She went to work in the Magical games department at the Ministry. She would co-ordinate the schedules of the teams and kept tabs of team records. Should team owners or captains have problems she was the person they contacted. She quite liked the authority.


**********


“Look!” The little girl felt of the fabric. It was the cutest little set of robes in the lightest shade of pink.
“Oh, Rose, you’ll look just like a little princess” Mrs. Weasley beamed.

Rose had only seen pictures and heard wonderful stories about Ron and Harry. She was rather excited to meet them.

“Ginny those look lovely,” Hermione squealed “Oooo, and they’re silk, nice touch.”

“The green will match Harry’s eyes” Ginny added, “What about you?”

“I think I’ll go with something more practical” Hermione eyed the black robes on the next rack.

“No you won’t”, Ginny spat “This is special.”

“This is special, isn’t it” She smiled at Ginny.

There were few occasions that Hermione had gone out and searched for a specific outfit. She was never the frilly type of girl that tried to impress anyone. What you saw was what you got with her. Ron had been gone so long that she was actually worried. She was worried that she wouldn’t be who he had imagined coming home to see. She was just plain old Hermione. The girl with the bushy hair and the pushy attitude. She then thought she had to get something special. She loved Ron and she couldn’t have him coming home to plain ole Hermione.

Hermione ended up choosing a red in honor of the Gryffindor house that they had all shared. Mrs. Weasley chose a dark blue that brought out the deep blue in her eyes.

“Well ladies” Mrs. Weasley said after taking care of the bill “Let’s get back to get things done.”


**********


“Hello Weasleys” Mr. Weasley yelled upon apparating into the lounge of the Burrow.

“You’re home” Rose squealed running to him.

“There’s my little girl” He swooped her up kissing both cheeks.

Rose continued to jabber on filling Mr. Weasley in on the events of the day.

“Well, I’m excited as well.” Grinning Mr. Weasley put the little girl on the floor and walked through the kitchen door.

“Oh dear you’re here, would you mind tending this while I run up and tidy up a bit, I have a surprise.” Mrs. Weasley handed Mr. Weasley the large ladle she had been using in the cauldron.

“It wouldn’t have anything to do with a new outfit, would it?” He smiled taking the utensil from his wife.

“Oh” Mrs. Weasley sounded a bit disappointed “Rose got to you” She gave Mr. Weasley a peck on the cheek “It’ll still be a surprise” and headed through the door.

Mr. Weasley thought his wife looked a lot like a school girl, she was so giddy. He wondered if she had thought anymore about having more kids. They were still young and Rose needed someone to play with.

“Anybody here?”

“In here” Mr. Weasley replied

Charlie, the second eldest Weasley child walked in through the kitchen door. “Smells good, when do we eat?”

“Soon as Ron and Harry get here.” Mr. Weasley said stirring the contents of the cauldron.

“Crack” ….”Crack”

And they continued to here the arrival of the rest of the Weasley clan.

“We are in the kitchen, be in there momentarily” Mr. Weasley yelled above the voices in the other room.

Mr. Weasley and Charlie made there way to the lounge. There Bill and Fleur stood talking with Percy and Penelope. George and Fred walked over and took seats across from the fireplace.

Percy and Penelope had been married three years ago and Mrs. Weasley badgered them constantly about children. Percy, of course, thought that they should be more stable before starting with children. George and Fred were a whole different story. They had been so busy with the joke shop and expansions that they thought they couldn’t commit to one girl. However, this did not stop them from seeing different girls every night. The family quit even asking. And Charlie, he didn’t bother. He was worried about nothing other than dragons. Mrs. Weasley often reminded him that dragons couldn’t give her grandchildren. Who could forget Bill and Fleur? They were always the talk of Diagon Alley. They fit together well. Fleur wasn’t nearly as bad as everyone had made her out to be before. She had been looked at crossly because of the Veela bit, but she had redeemed herself. Being only part Veela she could choose to dismiss her powers. Should they not be used they could become dormant and cease to affect men.

“So Dad How’s things at the Ministry?” George asked.

“Good, for now” Mr. Weasley always anticipated something would happen eventually.

Percy looked to his father, “Dad, things are going great at our end of the building as well, Bill and I have been working on the relationship between Gringott’s and the Ministry.”

“Sorry Dad” George laughed, knowing he had just got Percy started and his father already looked exhausted.

“Okay, Arthur how’s dinner coming?” Mrs. Weasley interrupted the conversation and the room turned to her and all commented on how lovely she looked.

“You look great, Molly” Mr. Weasley gasped at his wife.

Mrs. Weasley blushed and stepped aside “Thank you, but don’t forget Rose” the little girl pranced down the stairs bowing when she reached the bottom.

She twirled “isn’t it pretty.”
Hermione and Ginny soon followed. Both were very fidgety and nervous. They were gorgeous. Hermione had worked to rid her hair of the natural bushy feature. It looked smooth, much like the satin in her robes. Ginny was just as astounding. The green robes against her raging red hair was amazing.

Mr. Weasley fought back the tears at the site of the beautiful women, “You all are breathtaking.”

“Crack”..,.”Crack”

“OW! Get off me Harry” The Distinct voice of Ron yelled.

They had apparated behind the crowd falling into each other.

Mrs. Weasley screamed, “They’re here, she ran pushing everyone else aside and grabbed the both of them, crying. They both reached for the wall trying to maintain their balance from the force of the woman.

“MUM” Ron choked, “I can’t breathe”

Mrs. Weasley released the grips she had on the two of them. “You look great, a bit skinny, but great!”

Ron smiled looking up from his mother and caught the eye of the woman he loved. He felt as though he’d lost his breath again. She wasn’t’ the girl he had left. She was more mature, and absolutely lovely.

Neither of them moved. They stood there examining the other. Ron’s head began to swim as he remembered back to the day he first met her. He could have never imagined then that things would turn out like this.

Hermione looked at him. He was really here. He was much taller, broader, and more handsome than she had remembered. She could feel the tears welling up. She bit her bottom lip trying hard not to go into a complete crying fit.

Hermione watched as Ron run his fingers through his hair, both his eyebrows cocked and eyes wide. She remembered back to when they would sit together in the common room doing homework She would sit for hours trying to memorize every freckle.

“Hermione,” Ron’s mouth gaped open.

“Ron” she choked.

He walked over took her in his arms, not caring who watched and kissed her.

She had never remembered his kisses being this good. Nothing else seemed to matter anymore.

“Ginny” Harry choked down the lump in his throat “I’ve missed you so much” Ginny met him halfway across the room and he took her into his arms.

“Oh Harry” Ginny was now sobbing through kisses she gave him.

Ginny had only remembered feeling this weak once before, and Harry had held her up then to, in the Chamber of Secrets. He had lifted her weak body and carried her to safety. Know her knees were weak from anticipation and relief. He was home, safe, and in her arms.

All four turned to see the family fighting back tears as well.

“ HEY!” Yelled a little voice, “What about me?”

Ron and Harry looked down to see a bright eyed, red-headed little girl looking up at them. Ron smiled and he and Harry knelt down in front of the little girl.

“You must be Rose” said Ron

Rose turned and looked at the rest of the Weasley’s “oh, he’s a bright one isn’t he?”

They couldn’t help but laugh.

“See, Ron I’m not the only one who thinks you’re a bludger shy of a Quidditch game.” Fred laughed.

Ron chose to ignore the smart remark and looked back at her, “ Yes, my dear I am. And I’ve waited a long time to meet you.”

“You look like a little lady” Harry elbowed Ron “Don’t you think Ron?”

“Sure does, but then what do you expect from a Weasley” He grinned.

She grabbed both of their hands and pulled them to the kitchen. “It’s time to eat.”



A/N I thank all of you who have taken the time to read. I love answering reviews as well. Let me know what you think.