Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life Goes On by scarlet phoenix feathers

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Forest, Willow, and Stone



They all studied the map carefully, not seeing a sign of Hermione and Ginny anywhere. Harry looked up from the battered old parchment with a worried look in his eyes. “Someone get Remus!”

Ron sat beside him concentrating hard on the map, hoping a Hermione or Ginny dot would appear at any moment. The longer they sat there the more worried they became. If this was another prank he thought he might kill her. But what if it wasn’t.

George soon appeared with a very tired looking Remus. “Give it to me!” George had obviously filled him in on the missing women.

Remus took out his wand. “Locus of the bird we seek, Hermione.” After finishing the sentence he looked up from the map. “Your Dad added that feature soon after he and Lily started seeing each other. He liked the idea of sneaking up on her where ever she was.” There was still nothing on the map. “Locus of the bird we seek, Ginny.” Yet again, nothing.

“What?” Harry barked.

“They aren’t on the grounds. That should have shown their exact location had they been on the property.” His face drooped with concern.

“Okay,” Mad-Eye boomed. “Let’s set up search teams. Some will go to the forest and others will go to Hogsmeade.”

“We’ll take the passage leading to Honeydukes.” Fred volunteered. George shook his head in agreement still watching the parchment.

“Harry, we can go through the Whomping Willow.” Ron said quickly.

Almost the entire room was in shock at the secrets that were being revealed before their very eyes. Remus explained to the teams where they would be going and how they would get there. Fred and George wrote down meticulous details to gain entrance into the passageways.

Mrs. Weasley was now thankful that her sons had been suck nosy busy bodies. Armed with their wands and cloaks teams soon began to exit the common room.

************************************************************************

Hermione lay still from the binding curse that had been placed on her. In the corner of her eye she could see Ginny next to her. She felt a tear burn as it ran down the side of her face. She didn’t know where she was or what had happened to her.

“Look dear, she cries.” A feminine voice hissed with a hint of a chuckle.

Hermione continued the internal struggle to release herself but not so much as a hair moved. She then heard the cool voice of the woman release the spell and she Ginny jumped up at the same time to face their attacker. But before they could…

“Crucio”

Hermione’s entire body crumbled to the floor in pain. She could feel every nerve contract and every muscle spasm.

“Urrrgh!” Ginny screamed.

When the pain ceased Hermione grabbed for Ginny to help her up. This time they made it to their feet and turned to see who was responsible for what had happened.

“Narcissa?” Ginny stammered.

“How bright.” She said sarcastically.

“But why?” Hermione asked.

“Do you really believe that I would leave my husband’s side? You all are responsible for what has happened.” A loathing look fell over her face. “And you will bring the one we want most to us.”

“He left you with nothing, Narcissa.” Ginny screamed.

“Crucio!” A male voice boomed from the dark corner.

Ginny fell to her knees screaming in agony.

“Stop!!” Hermione cried. Ginny again made her way to standing upright.

“You Weasley’s never could to keep your noses out of other people’s affair, could you?” The make voice ranted. “You will all pay dearly for what you have done to the great Lord Voldemort.” And from behind the darkness stepped Lucius Malfoy.

“But how? You’re supposed to be in Azkaban.” Hermione said half confused.

Lucius looked at Narcissa. “And to think this Mudblood was presumed to be to brightest in her grade.”

“What do you want with us?” Ginny demanded.

“Like we said, bait!” He bellowed. “Do you not think that, that clan of incompetent redheads along with Harry Potter won’t come looking for you? And we won’t be found until we want to be.”

He then pointed his wand at them and rope shot from the end, tying their hands and feet together. “Come Narcissa, we have things to plan.”

************************************************************************

Harry ran down the corridors at top speed to get to the Whomping Willow. As they stepped into the night air they could heat the crunch of the snow underneath their feet. The visible breath detected just how hard the group was breathing.

“Where are we going, Harry?” Draco asked.

“Watch.” Harry sat Crookshanks to the ground and commanded him forward. “Go on, you know what to do.”

The flat-faced ginger cat darted to the violently swishing tree and pounced on the branch that deemed it motionless. Harry led the way under the tree, all the while, Draco looked amazed.

“It leads to the Shrieking Shack.” Harry told him.

They all watched carefully as they made the long decent of the tunnel. After reaching the shack and searching it completely they ventured out into Hogsmeade. The streets were bare with the exception of the occasional customer that fell from the door of the Hogshead. Soon familiar faces emerged from the establishment.

“Did you guys find anything?” Fred asked.

“Nothing” Ron said in a very disappointed voice.

“Okay then, let’s take the road back. Everyone keep your eyes open.” Harry suggested as he pinched the collar of his cloak.

“Did they have on warm clothes?” Neville asked.

“Not warm enough for this weather.” Harry answered with a sound of worry in his voice.

At the rate they were all running it wasn’t long before the group made its way back into the front doors of the castle. The others had already made it back from the Forbidden Forest and they were huddled in the Great Hall with Hagrid and Professor Dumbledore.

“We checked the whole forest Headmaster.” Hagrid reported. “They’s not there.”

“And all the secret passage ways.” Fred added.

“Wait” Draco jumped up to the open map. “There’s one missing from here.”

“One what?” George snarled.

“One passageway.” He replied.

“Oh, isn’t that rich, ferret boy telling us we missed a passageway.”

“Shut up!” Ron screamed. “Let him talk. Leave your pride at the door would you. Our sister and Hermione are missing.”

“Thanks Ron.” Draco said calmly.

“Mr. Malfoy, what is it that you know?” Professor Dumbledore asked.

“There’s another passageway, honestly.” He was half pleading. “It led to a labyrinth of halls and rooms under the lake.”

“That’s why it’s not on the map.” Remus explained. “If the entrance is outside the perimeter of the grounds then it isn’t going to show itself.”

“Follow me, I’ll show you.” Draco grabbed his cloak heading back to the cold.”

Fred and George both were hesitant about following Draco anywhere, but the look from their father suggested they best move quickly and follow.

They soon came to the front gate of the Hogwarts entrance.

“Here.” He pointed to the gate.

“It’s a gate.” Dean Thomas said confused.

“Where have you been the last five years?” Seamus teased. “This place is magic. You know the stuff we studied for seven years? It’s like the Chamber, right?” He asked looking at Draco.

“Somewhat.” Draco confirmed any doubts they had. “Watch.”

Draco faced the boar on the left side of the entrance and grasped the left ear while pinching its snout. Immediately the stone pillar opened revealing a secret passageway.

“There it is.” Draco stood back with his arms crossed, feeling a bit proud that he knew a secret the Weasley twins hadn’t yet figured out.



A/N I would first like to thank all of you for remaining patient, as I am in the middle of finals. I hope that you like the chapter and I look forward to reading what you have to say. I will answer all reviews when finals are over. How did you like the outcome? Thanks again.