Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life Goes On by scarlet phoenix feathers

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Malfoy’s Revenge



“What else do you know about this place?” Mad Eye asked Draco as they walked the dark corridor.

“Nothing, really, I would always try to eavesdrop on them when they met. But Dad had some sort of protection curse on the walls.”

“They, meaning death eaters?” He half asked half stated to himself. His eye rapidly rolled about. “Maybe something like here? I can’t see through any of these walls.”

“Possibly” Draco watched the roving eye and contemplated asking him about it. “Thanks” He said deciding against asking.

“For what?” He peered at the once cunning eyes of the young man.

“For believing me; for bringing me with you.” He lowered his voice into an embarrassed tone.

Mad-Eye smirked. “One: I don’t believe you’ve changed; Two: That’s why I brought YOU with me.”

Draco looked neither shocked nor surprised. “I understand.” He replied as they carried on down the corridor.

*************************************************************


Fred, George and Charlie crept along hoping to find anything that led to their baby sister and Hermione.

Fred nudged George’s arm. “Too bad we didn’t know about this place while we were still at Hogwart’s.”

POP! Charlie slapped him in the back of the head. “They were harboring death eaters down here you git.”

“Yeah, right.” He said rubbing the back of his head.

Charlie shook his head. “I often wonder how the two of you have made it this far without killing yourselves.”

Fred laughed. “Luck!”

George stopped dead fast holding his head high ignoring the two behind him. “Smell that?” He asked anyone listening.

Fred rolled his eyes at him. “Yeah, it’s called dead fish.”

“No, you imbecile, that sweet smell.” He said sounding very serious.

“Ginny?” Charlie questioned, not being around enough to know her perfume scent.

“I don’t know but it’s definitely female.” Fred said never loosing his concentration.

The three of them sped up stopping only to peek into empty rooms along the way.



*************************************************************




“Oh, Minerva, I’ve got to do something.” Mrs. Weasley paced the room holding back tears that glimmered in her eyes.

“You are, we need to watch for the children. If someone has taken them they could very well come back for the children.” Professor McGonagall tried desperately to comfort the woman.

Tonks stood looking out the window watching for any sign of them in the front. “She’s right Mrs. Weasley. I am under strict orders to not leave this common room for any reason. We don’t know what we are up against.”

“I suppose you’re right. Where are they exactly anyway, Tonks?” Mrs. Weasley asked the current fellow red-head. No one never knew what she may look like at any given moment.

“When I left them they were looking at a new place that apparently no one seems to have never heard of other than Draco.” She tried to not say that to loudly.

Mrs. Weasley tried desperately to not show her horror when she heard this bit of information.

“Ma’am, Draco isn’t the man he once was years ago. He has devoted his life to making things right that his family has destroyed.” Daisy could see the worry in everyone’s face. She was use to the looks that people often got when the name Malfoy was mentioned.

“I’m sorry Daisy, it’s just hard to believe that a Malfoy could possibly be on our side.” Mrs. Weasley hated to make her feel like they didn’t believe that he had changed. “I’m trying really.”

“Hopefully one day everyone will see that he is really wanting to be a better man. And I can understand all your concerns.” She sat back trying to get as comfortable as possible.



*************************************************************




“Lucius Malfoy!” Harry hissed.

“Oh, Narcissa, he remembers me.” Lucius said mocking the voice of a giddy schoolgirl. “Good to know it will be the last thing he remembers.”

Harry and Ron simultaneously stepped in front of the girls as Neville and Seamus both flanked them on either side.

“Gallant and brave to the end, heh Potter. You Gryffindor’s always did like to play the hero.” Lucius smirked.

Ron’s face turned crimson with rage. “More than we can say for you, Malfoy.”

Lucius turned his wand to the irate red-head. “hmp, you Weasley’s are by far the worse of them all. You have been blessed with a pure-blood line, however you deem it necessary to step out on your own kind. Shame.”

“If by disassociating myself with the likes of you means I am stepping out on the race then so be it.” Ron’s eyebrows were furrowed so tight you could no longer distinguish where one stopped and the other began.

Lucius ignored the statement made by Ron. “Longbottom, I would have thought you would have learned who would best benefit you. Your parents were obviously to stupid to know the way to keep themselves out of St. Mungo’s.”

Neville clenched his fist around his wand wanting desperately to hex him. “Although my parents are in St. Mungo’s, they are still better people than you could ever think of being.”

“It’s seems Longbottom has grown a backbone.” Lucius cackled.

“You’re damn right, and give me the sign and I’ll prove it even further.” Neville didn’t care what anyone thought anymore.

“Don’t Neville, he’s trying to get to you.” Ron told him. “He’s the empty-headed, moron.”

“Why you ignorant mudblood lover. Say goodbye, Weasley…Ava…”

“Expelliarmus!”

Lucius and Narcisaa both flew into the rock wall. Both were struggling to see their attacker. Ron and Harry dared not move. They couldn’t take the chance of being hit by a stray spell from a wand happy vigilante.

Lucius looked up into the eyes of his attacker. “Draco, my son, you’ve come to help me.”

“That’s where you’re wrong.” Draco stood tall, shoulders square, and for the first time in his life he faced the man who had terrorized him his whole life, unafraid. “You are as delusional as Voldemort was for thinking that he was the greatest Sorcerer in the world. You, I am happy to say, are now the property of the Aurors and the Ministry of Magic.”

Mad-Eye quickly performed a binding curse on the two that lie flat on their backs. “I take it back, Draco.” Was all that Mad-Eye said.

“Oh darling, how could you do this to your mother?” Narcissa spoke softly.

“The same way you two sold me out for Voldemort. He was always the most important thing to you anyways. You can join him for all I care.” He turned his back leaving them to Mad-Eye. He also wanted desperately to hide the tears that had begun to form in his eyes. Although he resented and hated them for what they had done they were still his parents.

“In here,” Charlie yelled as he dashed into the room. “We heard all the yells.” He said as he looked around at the people standing and lying about in the room. Fred and George fought to be the first through the door. George took a deep breathe. “See I told you I smelled them.”

“Oh, shut up! So your part dog.” Fred scolded.

Ron’s face had gone blank and his eyes glared at Draco. He walked to him and held out a hand. “Thank you, Draco.” He swallowed hard, never believing he would have ever said those words in his life.

“I owe you more, I owe you all more, and I should thank you.” He smiled.



************************************************************************




“Mrs. Weasley.” Daisy said as she sat beside the mother of all mothers.

“Yes, dear.” She replied in her loving voice.

“I’m not feeling so well.”

Mrs. Weasley noticed her pale skin and deep set eyes.

Daisy placed both hands on her protruding belly and winced slightly. “I think it is time.”
“Oh my,” Mrs. Weasley jumped to her feet and addressed Susan. “Get Madam Pomphrey please.”

Professor McGonagall turned from her position of talking with Oliver in front of the fireplace. Oliver’s eyes were the size of galleons and he himself began to turn pale. “I should leave.”

“Nonsense, we’ll need you to help us get her upstairs.”

“Professor, I’m not good with these things.” He looked awfully weak.

“Snap out of it Wood! You are a Gryffindor, now act like it.” She scolded just like he was back in class.

“Yes ma’am.” He quickly scooped up the petite woman and followed Mrs. Weasley up the stairs to the first available room.

Professor McGonagall half grinned. “Well, I daresay, this will be a first for Gryffindor tower.”


A/N Sorry that it has taken so long. Thanks to all of you that have given me support and I hope that you enjoy this chapter, although it is short. I was trying to get it finished. Thanks again.