Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life Goes On by scarlet phoenix feathers

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Scarlet and Gold



Mrs. Weasley burst into the common room of Gryffindor Tower and began the attempt to wake the few that had failed to make it to their rooms. “Honestly,” She muttered. “You would think they had been raised by wolves.”

She picked up an empty fire whiskey bottle delicately by the neck with her thumb and forefinger and scrunched her nose in disgust. Using the wand in her other hand she poked Fred on the shoulder.

“Get up!” She yelled. “The whole lot of you. It seems you’ve quite the mess to pick up.”

Not one of them moved so much as a hair. She raised her wand above her head and with a very large wave, possibly the biggest set of cymbals in the world appeared. With a quick flick they slammed into one another causing a clash that could have possibly cracked the mirror over the fireplace.

George jumped as he slid from his lounging position in one of the chairs to the floor with a very large ‘thud’.

“Well, good to see you’re up dear.” Mrs. Weasley said with a smile. “Now,” she turned facing Fred and Lee Jordan. “You boys have all of ten minutes to get this room cleaned up.”

Fred rubbed his eyes and yawned. “Wha…why…”

Mrs. Weasley turned abruptly. “This room looks like one of your filibuster ton wheezes blew up in here.”

George laughed. “Uh, Mum, I think you mean…”

“You know very well what I mean. And if you know what’s good for you my son, you will get up and CLEAN!!!” She didn’t wait for a response but turned, rushing back up the staircase.

Lee began teasing. “You better get off your bloody bums and get crackin’”

“What do you mean YOU? As I recall you were here with us.” Fred corrected.

************************************************************************

“Mum?” Rose said softly as she poked her head around the door of Ron and Hermione’s room as she knocked. “Are you in there? Can I come in?”

“Come in dear.” Hermione invited. She was sitting at the vanity in her bathrobe with a towel wrapped around her hair. “What is it honey?”

“Do I really have to walk down the aisle?” She asked with a worried look.

Hermione looked at the anguish on her daughter’s face and wondered what could have possibly changed her mind. “Darling, just two days ago you excited about it. Why do you now not want to?”

The little girl didn’t speak for a moment as she tried to remain calm. Just as she began to speak her chin quivered and her eyes glassed over. She then wailed. “I don’t want to marry P.J.”

Ron entered the room and rushed to his daughter’s side.

Hermione smiled at Rose taking her hand. “Rose, where did you ever get an idea like that?”

Rose tried to regain her composure as much as any little girl could under the circumstances. “Cash said that when a girl and boy walked down the aisle together at wedding then they were married.”

She gulped deep as she bit her bottom lip. “And I have to walk with P.J. I don’t want to marry P.J.”

Ron furrowed his brow. “And what made you think the little nutter was right, sweetheart?”

Hermione quickly glanced at Ron. “Ronald Bilius Weasley, don’t you say that about Cash. He’s your nephew.”

“What?” He shrugged his shoulders at her. “It’s a right better name than what my brothers called me.”

“So that makes it okay? Honestly Ron, you were children.” She huffed.

“What do you mean? Charlie called me a bloody pillock just last night.”

“Ron! Watch what you say. Rose isn’t some prisoner up in Azkaban. She doesn’t need to hear things like that.”

Rose obviously forgetting about her problem began scolding her father as well. “Daddy, Grams will take a bar of soap after you for saying that.” She crossed her arms in front of her as to make it final.

Ron grinned at the sight. Aside from the fire-red hair, Rose was identical to Hermione. Good for her, bad for him. He was definitely going to have to watch her. She might end up with some bloke like him. She was independent and if she ever heard half of what he, Hermione, and Harry had done growing up she would most definitely be trying them as well.

“Okay, I’m sorry darling. Daddy will watch what he says more carefully. I promise.” He knelt beside her to hug the precious little girl.

“I won’t hold my breath Daddy. You just said that last week.” She wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him while kissing his cheek. “That’s okay,” She said patting his shoulder. “Boys don’t know better. Aunt Angelina says they have s…s…selective memory.” And as if nothing was ever wrong she dashed out the door.

************************************************************************

Ginny stirred a bit as she awoke and soon remembered where she was and what day it was. She felt the weight of something on her stomach and as she opened her eyes and once focused she saw Harry beside her with an arm flung over her. As long as he had been home she should be getting use to having him next to her by now. She just didn’t want to get use to the kidnappings and tortures. Last night had been enough to drive any person mad, but to them it had become a habit. A habit she was hoping to break.

Ginny knew she had to get moving. There were so many things that had to be done in order for her to be presentable enough to walk down the aisle in front of no telling how many people. But as she looked at Harry she couldn’t bring herself to move. He was so peaceful. It wasn’t very often that Harry seemed relaxed. She was hoping that would soon change.

Harry soon began to become restless and opened his eyes wide and searched for his glasses on the nightstand so as he would be able to see properly. Ginny smiled at his clumsiness as he knocked a teacup to the floor.

“Bloody hell.” He whispered, thinking Ginny was still sleeping.

“Tut tut Harry.” Ginny teased. “Is that a way to begin our wedding day?”

“How long have you been awake?” He turned back to her wrapping both arms around her.

“Long enough to enjoy the sight of you sleeping.” She stretched to kiss him quickly.

“Let me bid you a good morning properly.” He leaned to her kissing her deeply not wanting to remove himself from that spot.

“Are you ready to give up the single life? This is it you know.” She teased, brushing the hair from his eyes.

“I’m more ready today than yesterday. What I felt last night while you were missing I never want to feel again.” He ran the back of his hand down her cheek. “You are what I have always needed.”

Ginny threw both arms around his neck and pulled him to her, burying her face into the nape of his neck. “I need you too Harry.”

Although her words were muffled Harry understood perfectly what she had said.

************************************************************************

The common room of Gryffindor Tower hadn’t seen this much excitement since the last time it had won the Quidditch cup. Members of the Weasley family stood about in their matching dress robes waiting anxiously for the time to begin. The men wore the most brilliant shade of scarlet. Ron had objected, saying that it resembled the maroon colour of his Christmas sweaters that he had received every year for as long as he could remember. Hermione and Ginny ignored his protest and went on as they wished. The ladies were wearing robes of glittering gold. Harry of course brought it to their attention that the robes looked a lot like the snitches he had spent years chasing. Ginny teased saying that at least his attention would stay on the ceremony and not off thinking about the Ministry and their next job.

Harry and Ron soon appeared in the door dressed in robes of jet black. Both tugged at their collars looking extremely nervous.

Ron, you might want to breathe.” Bill suggested “That shade of purple isn’t quite your colour.”

“Shove off Bill.” Ron groaned. “I don’t need your grief.”

Fred couldn’t resist. “Well, purple is the colour of royalty. King Weasley.”

“Shut up Fred.” Angelina ordered. “Not today.”

“Yeah, not today.” George agreed. “Ickle bitty Ronnie’s getting married.”

“That’s enough.” Mr. Weasley stepped in to stop the ridicule that this family had obviously enjoyed bestowing on its other members.

Professor McGonagall appeared dressed in her finest robes. “The guests are all in place and awaiting the arrival of the wedding party.”

Harry rubbed his hands together trying desperately to stop them from feeling so clammy. Everything moved in slow motion and he leaned to Ron as he tried to regain his balance.

“You okay there mate?” Ron asked taking the back of Harry’s arm.

“Yeah.” He smiled. “I’ll be even better in a couple of hours.”

“Me too.” Ron agreed.

“Okay, everyone to the corridor. The girls will be right down.” Mrs. Weasley announced shooing them all out.

Draco and Daisy sat comfortably on the sofa with two cradles close by them. “Good luck guys.” Draco said quickly.

“You both look stunning.” Daisy added.

“Whether you believe it or not, I would really like to be there.” Draco told them.

“You know Draco; I never thought I would be saying this. But I do believe you.” Harry assured him.

Once everyone outside of Draco and Daisy had cleared the room Mr. Weasley called up the stairs to rush the two brides along. “Come along you two. They’re ready for you.”


A/N I am sorry for the wait. Since beginning another fic I have had to split my time up between them both. Enjoy!!!