Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life Goes On by scarlet phoenix feathers

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Homecomings



“Mum, everything taste wonderful,” Ron tried to swallow and talk at the same time. “Although a Blast-Ended Skrewt would taste good compared to what they fed us during training.”

“And you know it had to be bad for him to complain,” added Harry.

Harry felt Ginny’s hand under the table and couldn’t help but want to get her alone. And from the look of things, Ron had the same idea. Although he continued to shovel food into his mouth he couldn’t take his eyes off Hermione.

“Well, how were things in training, other than the food?” Mr. Weasley questioned them.

“Oh it was great," Harry said knowing Ron wouldn’t be able to get a sentence out without food flying across the table. “We learned loads of useful stuff. The senior Aurors said Ron and I were so far advanced in the Dark Arts Department that most of it should be just like refresher courses.”

“Yeah,” Ron finally managed “But of course there’s always more to learn. He told us he still learns new things everyday.”

Hermione started to look worried. Would he have to go back?

Mrs. Weasley was obviously thinking along the same lines, “You won’t be going back, will you?”

“Oh no, Mrs. Weasley. We’ll be working here at the ministry. It’s just that they are always coming up with new ways to track and capture people. That’s all he meant.”

Hermione and Ginny both let out an obvious sigh of relief. Neither of them could have gone through the separation again.

Everyone started leaving the table and moving into the living room.

“Mum, this was great but Fleur and I must really go. Great to see you guys home.” Bill patted both of them on the back. “We’ll be back for the weekend.”

“Yeah, me too,” Charlie added. “We’ll get some work around here then.”

Fred and George also said their good-byes and disapparated.

“Well, we should be getting back to the flat,” Percy said standing up. “Penelope and I have a few things to go over before bed. Plans for Gringott’s you know.”

Percy was still a bit arrogant, but he wouldn’t be Percy if he wasn’t.

Harry and Ginny made there way to the overstuffed chair next to the fireplace. It was much like the ones that had been in the Gryffindor Common Room during their years at Hogwarts. Harry sat down and Ginny curled up on his lap lying her head on his shoulder. Ron and Hermione took the identical chair opposite them and did the same.

Mr. And Mrs. Weasley sat on the sofa and Rose took her seat between them.

Ron finally broke the silence.

“Mum, this place look great.”

Mrs. Weasley blushed at the compliment that her youngest son had just paid her.

“We’ve all been working hard”

He then looked puzzled.

“What were they all talking about being here this weekend for work? Everything looks spectacular”

Hermione raised her head from his shoulder.

“It’s our surprise for you and Harry. They are all building a house next door for us all. Well, you and me and Harry and Ginny. “

Mr. Weasley jumped in.

“We had the plans drawn up. Actually Fleur did most of the work. She’s amazing with dimensions. They haven’t even been allowed to see them.” He pointed to Ginny and Hermione. “She has done a wonderful job. Harry and Ginny will have a wing of the house, while Hermione and yourself will have another.”

Harry was filled with gratitude but he didn’t want them feeling that they had to do all of this for them. They were adults now. “Mrs. Weasley, that’s great but we can’t let you do all that. We’ll work and save to build ourselves.” Harry knew he really wouldn’t have to save. Thanks to his parents and the estate left to him by Sirius.

Lily and James Potter had made sure that their son would be well taken care of should anything happen to them. Harry remembered back to the first day that he met Hagrid. He remembered being told he was a wizard. But then, seeing the contents of the vault left to him by his parents really made it unbelievable. Piles upon piles of galleons, sickles, and knuts. And as if that wasn’t enough, his godfather had left him all his belongings as well. Sirius Black had been one of his dad’s best friends, who was thought to have been responsible for the death of Lily and James. In Harry’s third year he had found out the truth of Sirius’ innocence only to watch him lose his life two years later.

“Now, Harry,” Mr. Weasley began. “I am now in the position to do this if I wish. And I insist on doing this for my children. Call it a wedding gift. The girls here….” Mrs. Weasley had elbowed him in the gut and glared, “I’m sorry, the ladies here have been making plans you know. You just can’t let them down.”

Harry looked at Ginny. He would never let her down. He wanted nothing more than to give her the world.

Ginny had been his world. Yes, Ron and Hermione were always there for him, but Ginny made Harry realize what it was like to have someone truly love him. No matter what he did. She would understand and accept him anyway. Being raised by his mother’s wizard hating family, The Dursley’s, he had never known what unconditional love felt like. He was positive his mother loved him unconditionally, however he had been to young to remember.

“Yes,” Ginny jumped in. “The Burrow is fine for now, but when we are married, the new house will be great. From what I understand, it’s going to be fabulous.”

“Can I do something?” Rose now looked very interested.

“Why of course,” Ron said holding out his arms and lifting her into the pile.

She looked at Mr. And Mrs. Weasley.

“I like him,” she smiled.

“You haven’t lived with him very long. You just wait,” Ginny whispered under her breath.

Ron obviously heard, he pulled the pillow off the chair behind his back and tossed it at her.

She ducked laughing and catching the pillow and throwing it back much harder than he had. Rose joined in the fun and began tossing pillows about.

Ron remembered sitting in the tight quarters with Harry during their training and thinking of things back home. He wanted desperately to see his family again. Since his first year at Hogwarts when he thought of his family, in general, Harry and Hermione had always been included in his thoughts. It was as if they had always been there. And now they would be officially. They fit so well together.

“Well, I think that it is time for one little girl to get to bed. “Mrs. Weasley waved Rose to her.

“No! Please,” She cried “Just a little longer”

“Sorry, little ladies need their beauty rest.” She scooped up the little girl and headed for the stairs.

Mr. Weasley followed suit and walked past the two couples. “Don’t have too much fun,” he said winking at them.

“Arthur, don’t tease,” Mrs. Weasley said handing off Rose to him as they ascended the stairs.

A soon as they were out of sight Ron leaned over whispering in Hermione’s ear, “I want to be alone with you!”

They had been apart for so long Ron felt the heat rise in his face. It was as though he was going through the embarrassment stage again, kissing someone for the first time and not knowing how to act the next day.

Hermione smiled bowing her head to him.

“Me too”

She had every intention of making the most of the time they had together. She had waited five long years for his return. She remembered lying in bed at night crying for him. Wanting to feel his hand on her face softly pushing back the wild hair from her forehead. She was going to remind him why he loved her so much.

Ginny and Harry were acting as though no one else was in the room. They were wrapped in each other’s arms having a good snog.

“They wouldn’t even notice us leave,” Hermione whispered standing up. She took Ron’s hands and pulled him to his feet. “Follow me.” She took his fingers leading him up to her room.

As they reached the door Ron worried about what his parents would say. Yes they were adults, but they weren’t married and they were in their home.

“Hermione, are you sure?”

She didn’t say anything. She turned the knob and lead him through the door.

Hermione turned shutting the door behind Ron. “We are engaged to be married and you will stay in my room tonight.”

“Yes, ma’am,” Ron growled leaning to her and taking her into his arms.

“Ron, I love you,” She choked, “I have waited so long to see you, to hold you.” Ron continued to kiss her neck and feeling every curve of her body with his hands. “Ron, make love to me,” she whispered.

“I have every intention of that. I love you. Five years is a long time.”

“Yes, it is,” she gasped.


**********



“Harry, I have missed you so much,” Ginny took a deep breath. “I’ve tried keeping myself busy."

“I don’t think I could have lasted another week without you.” He spoke softly into her ear. She had been just a school girl when he left her. She had grown up. He wanted her. He wanted all of her. He had dreamed of the day that he truly made her his.

“Harry?” Ginny waited for a reply.

“Yes, love?” He looked at her.

“Will you stay with me tonight?” She didn’t mean like before. Not when they were younger and slept on the sofa in each others arms.

“Yes, I'll hold you all night,” he said really wanting to go further be he had no intentions of rushing her.

“I don’t want you to just hold me.”

She looked into his eyes, waiting for a reaction.

“Ginny, I’m here for you. I love you. I want to make you happy.” He felt his stomach knotting. She wanted him.

“I love you, too. I want to commit myself to you. Tonight.”

She tried hard not to let her voice waver.

He stood up holding her in his arms. She was so petite. It really wasn’t much effort. She wrapped her arms around his neck and nuzzling into him. Harry carried her to the top of the stairs where he stopped long enough for her to point in the direction of her new room. He carried her into the room that smelled sweet. Much like her.

Ginny now stood in her own, walking to the bed and turned to Harry dropping her robes of green to the floor.

Harry couldn’t move. She definitely wasn’t a schoolgirl anymore. His heart was nearly pounding through his chest. He looked and tried to memorize every curve.

“Harry?” Ginny whispered

He jumped.

“Yes?”

“Come to me,” she said calmly.

He regained his composure and walked the her. She then began removing his robes. She ran her soft fingers over his chest and his shoulders. She continued to kiss his skin. He thought this was great. This would have been great for relaxation during his training. Where did she learn this? His body tingled with every touch.

Ginny stood in front of Harry putting her fingers through his hair. She pulled his head to hers and kissed him like she never had before.

Harry thought, what a kiss. He was able to regain his strength and lifted her into is arms once more and gently laid her onto the bed.

“Harry,” Ginny whispered.

“Ginny,” he replied. “I love you.”

“You are and always will be the one for me. I will never be happier than I am now.” She felt Harry put his weight on her gently. She didn’t want this night to end.




A/N I know this title sounds like it should be first, but it fit the contents of this chapter much better. I thank those of you who have taken the time to reivew and hope that you all enjoy this chapter.