Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life Goes On by scarlet phoenix feathers

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Off to St. Mungo’s We Go



Ginny was again in Harry’s arms as they traveled to St. Mungo’s. Traveling by Floo powder was not the best way to go when you had a bone broken in half. She held on tight to Harry as the series of fireplaces flew pass them.

They arrived in the fireplace of the St. Mungo’s reception area. Harry stepped out immediately and raced to the desk opposite the fireplace. “Excuse Me!” He said to the witch’s back behind the counter. When the person turned he recognized her immediately. “Angelina?”

“Harry! Ginny?” She looked at Ginny who looked to be in excruciating pain. She raced around the counter and led them to a room down the hall. She instructed Harry to lay her on the table. “What’s happened?”

“I’ve broken my leg.” Ginny managed through gritted teeth. All she could think was ‘would they just get on with it and fix it.’

Angelina turned to Harry to get a more thorough explanation when the door flew open and in piled Ron, Hermione, Mrs. Weasley, and Rose. “Okay, everyone will need to step back outside so I can get to work.”

Mrs. Weasley began to protest when Ginny spoke. “Not Harry”

Angelina looked at the two of them and smiled, “Okay, everyone else then if you would please step outside, it shouldn’t take long.”

Mrs. Weasley turned half-heartedly and walked back out the door behind the others.

Harry felt a bit guilty, but he wanted to help in any way that he could. He felt horrible for what happened to Ginny. He sat quietly watching as Angelina went straight to work wishing that it could be quicker. Ginny’s face looked as though every drop of blood had been drained out of her. Her eyes were now dry but puffy. He remembered back to second year when he had broken his arm. The pain was horrible and he hadn’t been bounced halfway across the country to get to the hospital wing. Although he did have to have his bones re-grown thanks to that babbling idiot Lockhart. Gilderoy Lockhart had been the poorest excuse for a professor ever at Hogwarts.

“Harry!” Angelina now said firmly. “I think I’ll need your help to remove this boot and her trousers. I’m afraid that if I try to remove them by magic it would only do more damage.”

Harry carefully unlaced the boot and held the leg so that Angelina could slide it off. He watched as she then cut the trousers leg. He saw there, the break. The bone was trying hard to protrude through the skin. It took all that he had not to be sick right there. He had done this to her. He listened carefully as Angelina spoke the healing charm over Ginny.

*******

“Mum.” Ron looked at his mother thinking she looked extremely upset. “Would you like some tea?” He didn’t wait for her to reply. “We’ll be back.” And he, Hermione and Rose went to get something to calm her.

Mrs. Weasley sat in the chair across from the doorway that lead to the examining room. Her little girl wasn’t a little girl anymore. She had wanted Harry. She had needed Harry. It was then that Mrs. Weasley made a decision. She would have more children, on purpose this time. She had always had a house full and Rose needed someone to play with. She had always had a house full. When Ginny and Ron moved out they would have more than enough room. Maybe seven more. Maybe not. But definitely a couple more.

As Ron turned the corner back to his mother he saw her smile. Only minutes ago she looked as though her world had ended. He stepped in front of her holding out the cup. “Tea?”

“Ron” She said firmly, “I’m going to have a baby.”

CRASH! The cup fell to the floor. “You’re what?”

“Oh Mrs. Weasley when?” Hermione grabbed her hugging her.

“Well, soon, with you lot moving out, we will have plenty of room to fill.” She looked at Ron who continued to stand in front of her, mouth gaping open. “Oh dear, shut your mouth, you’ll catch a fly.” And she continued chatting with Hermione as Rose skipped up and down the hall as if she were on a jolly holiday.

*******

“Okay,” Angelina said as she wrapped a brace around the freshly mended leg. “Just stay off of it for a couple of days, then you may remove the brace. It’s just to ensure the charm is properly in place to heal the bone.”

Ginny looked at Harry. He now looked as if he had no blood left. “Harry, we can go now.” The treatment had proven to be quite traumatic for Harry.

“Yeah, right then, let’s go.” He then began to lift her again.

“Harry, you can use your wand now.” She reminded him.

“No, it’s quite alright, I’ll carry you.” He thought it was the least he could do.

“Angelina, you should come to dinner on Saturday.,” Ginny quickly said. She thought it would be nice to reunite her and Fred.

“Yeah, sure thing.” She quickly replied as Harry bolted through the door.

Everyone jumped and raced to Harry and Ginny. “Are you okay dear?” Mrs. Weasley asked.

“Brilliant” Ginny assured her. “I just need to stay off of it a couple of days.”

Brilliant thought Harry. He nearly kills her and she thinks it’s brilliant. He would never forgive himself.

“Hey Harry!” Ron patted his back. “That’s one way to catch her.”

Harry didn’t say anything. He just turned and headed for the fireplace.

*******

As they all stepped out of the fireplace one by one, Ron and Hermione decided to talk a stroll around the pond. Mrs. Weasley headed to the kitchen, Rose went back to her wizard dolls and Harry placed Ginny carefully on the sofa and then turned going upstairs.

“What in the…” Was all Ginny managed before he was gone.

*******

Harry walked into the room he was currently sharing with Ginny to his amazement. The Weasley’s had been quite lineate where they were concerned. He began to remove his Quidditch uniform not believing they still fit. He removed his boots and placed them neatly in the wardrobe. If he got one thing from Auror training it was to keep everything neatly at hand in case of an emergency. He took his sock s and tossed them into the laundry basket on top of the pile of Quidditch robes. He sat on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands.

CRACK!!

Harry jumped, nearly falling to the floor, standing there in nothing but his boxers, he saw Ginny lying on the bed.

“Just what I had hoped to see.” She now had regained her strength enough to apparate upstairs. “And just what do you think you were doing leaving me lying there on that sofa?”

“I just figured you wanted to rest.” He sat back down.

“Yeah, with you. Besides, I still have on these dirty robes. Can you help me?” she said coyly.

Harry cracked a half cocked smile at her. He wasn’t mad at her. He was mad at himself. There was absolutely no reason the treat her badly. How could he have hurt her? The one person that loved him more then any other. The person that HE loved.

“Harry? What’s wrong?” She was staring directly into his eyes noticing the sad expression.

He choked back the lump in his throat. “Nothing” He turned quickly, yet again, and ran towards the shower.

*******

Ron and Hermione walked around the pond hand in hand. Ron remembered the first time they had done this. The summer after sixth year. They would sneak out here to spend time alone from the watchful eyes of the rest of the family.

“They are unique, aren’t they?” Hermione shook her head at the image that she had managed to conjure in her head of Harry plowing into Ginny.

“We just thought we were strange.” Ron laughed.

“Yeah, but Harry didn’t look happy. I wonder what else happened?” Hermione always wanted to make sure everyone was okay.

“They’ll be okay, I want you to worry about us.” He pulled her close to him.

Hermione put her arms around his neck. “Your wish is my command.”

Ron lifted her, kissing her while her feet dangled beneath them.

*******

Ginny watched as Harry fled from the room. Oh no, he wasn’t going to do this to her again. He had spent years shutting himself up. It had taken her to long to get through. She pulled herself up and hopped to the bathroom door. “Harry James Potter!” she yelled as she flung the door open.

“Ginny! I’m in the shower.”

She could see clearly through the glass door, but at this point she didn’t care. “I have absolutely had it. You are not ignoring me, shutting me out, or whatever else you might come up with to leave me in the dark. Damn it, Harry. You’re going to say more than ‘nothing’ to me or I’m going to come into that shower, pull you out and commence to knock some sense into that thick skull of yours.” She felt the heat in her face now and her hands were trembling with anger wanting to hit something. Without thinking she reared back her recently healed leg and kicked the cupboard that held clean towels and bed linens. The instant she did she regretted it. She winced, holding back the scream that lay on her tongue. Harry stepped from the shower throwing a towel around him.

“Ginny, do you really think I want to talk about it? Do you think that I want to think about the fact that I could have killed you. You need to STOP! Don’t love me! Go ahead hate me! I want you to! At least then I’ll know nothing will happen to you. First, my mum and dad, then Sirius. I’ll be damned if I lose you as well. Everyone that has ever loved me has left me. At least if you leave now, you won’t die!”

Ginny took in a deep breath. “What kind of idiotic logic is that. Do you honestly believe that they were the only people that loved you.” She noticed the glimmer of tears forming in his eyes. She then lowered her voice. “Harry, it’s not your fault. That’s not the first time I’ve fallen from a broomstick, hell, it probably won’t be the last.”

She hopped over taking him into her arms. His bare chest was still wet and soapy. She smoothed his wet hair and kissed him. “Harry, you could never make me hate you.”

He closed his eyes and thought how lucky could one person be to have someone like Ginny. They were perfect together. She fit him. She had to be perfect to put up with his emotional episodes. Then he remembered her leg. “You need to get off that thing now.” He bent to lift her.

“No,” she stopped him. “I need a bath. I’m still in these robes I ate the dirt in.” She laughed.

“That’s not funny.” And then he began to help her disrobe.

Ginny was still a bit uncomfortable. It now suddenly hit her. Her adrenalin had not allowed her to care that Harry had been in the shower. She sat in a chair as Harry turned on the faucets to fill the tub. She now had nothing on but one of Harry’s old t-shirts she had borrowed earlier.

Harry walked to the chair looking down into her big beautiful eyes. Her flame red hair mangled from the days events. He helped her remove the brace from her leg and removed the old shirt. He lifted her nude body and gently sat her into the tub. He then stood dropped his own towel and stepped into the warm bath sitting behind her.

Ginny leaned back against Harry as he took the sponge and ran it across her body. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the moment that just minutes ago didn’t seem possible.

“I love you for loving me,” he whispered into her ear. “Just don’t ever stop.”

“Never, Harry, never,” was all she said.



A/N I know, Mrs. Weasley has lost her mind. Just hold on to your keyboards, things are about to change. Thanks to those of you that have taken it upon yourself to contact me personally, and you know who you are, I hope you enjoy this one. Long live the Weasley's.