Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life Goes On by scarlet phoenix feathers

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Old Friends, New Love




Harry and Ron sat in the corner of the living room playing an intense game of wizards chess. Harry had always enjoyed the unusual way the chess pieces moved about on command and smashed each other when pieces where taken. He had never been allowed to play chess before he started his school career at Hogwarts. His mother’s sister and her family had never allowed Harry to do much of anything. Ron was an excellent chess player and had gladly shown Harry the way to play. Harry still wasn’t as good as Ron, but then again, he never imagined he would be anyway.

“Checkmate!” Ron had won again.

“It’s hopeless.” Harry was disappointed, yet again.

“Come on mate, you nearly had me that time. How about another game?”

Harry got up and went to the sofa. Ginny was sitting there with her leg propped on several pillows. Ginny slid her leg over, removing the pillows and making room for Harry when he was tackled.

“I’ll give you quite!” Ron struggled to take Harry down.

“You’ve had it Ron.” Harry tried to throw Ron from him. “You’re crazy.”

“That’s right, I am. Just call me Raging Ron the Wild Weasley.”

The two of them wrestled around knocking over the end table next to Ginny.

Hermione sat in a corner chair, she looked up from her book, shook her head and continued to read.

Harry had managed to throw Ron to the floor and quickly got to his feet. He ran jumping over the sofa turning to face Ron. Ron worked his way to his feet taking a stance as if he were about to attack again. Ron was a bit more muscular and taller. Harry, on the other hand, was more wiry and agile.

“Okay, what are you going to do now?” Harry smirked.

Ron dashed in Harry’s direction trying to jump the sofa as well, but didn’t make it. The toe of his huge foot caught the throw on the back of the sofa and over he went head first.

Harry jumped to the side to avoid being crushed. “HA! Raging Ron is out for the count. That’ll teach you to be such a bully.”

Ron sat up slowly, holding his face. When he removed his hand it was covered in blood. “Urgh, you busted my nose!”

“Me? If you hadn’t been chasing me this would not have happened, you big oaf.” Harry retorted.

Hermione jumped up, grabbing a tissue, rushing over to Ron. “Honestly, when are you going to grow up?”

“Never!” He smiled while blood continued to drip into his head.

“Here” She placed the tissue on his nose and tilted his head back. She pinched the bridge of his nose to help stop the blood flow.

“Ow! Watch it. That hurts,” he whined.

“Serves you right!” She had not the least bit of sympathy for him. Ron looked up to see Ginny stretching her neck to see over the back of the sofa. Harry was now sitting next to her with her leg propped across his lap.

Knock!

Hermione walked towards the door while Ron eased himself up to find a chair.

“Angelina!” Hermione yelled as she opened the door wider to let her in.

“Hi” Angelina looked around the room. “Good to see you’re still off that leg.” She spoke to Ginny directly.

“Well, with my guard here, I can’t so much as walk to the kitchen.” She playfully punched Harry’s shoulder.

“What happened to you?” Angelina noticed Ron’s blood stained tissue plastered across his face.

“’Arry did I.” he said, sounding as though his hand were in a bucket.

“He did not!” Hermione had beat Ginny’s protest. “Our overgrown child here thought it would be fun to take a flying leap over the sofa after Harry…He missed.” She began snickering, but couldn’t hold back any longer. “He hit face first, and was he ever so graceful. Thought I was at the ballet.” The whole room erupted in laughter.

“S’op it. It wasunt thwat bad!” Ron’s nose bad let up, but was now beginning to swell.

“Oh, stop trying to talk and hold your head back.” Hermione walked over taking the tissue and forcing his head back and holding his nose again.

The front door flew open again and in filed Fred and George. “Angelina!” Fred noticed first. He had always had a thing for her. “How are you?” He gave a quick hug.

“Wonderful!” Her face lit up and then she noticed George. “Hi, George.” She was trying not to show obvious favoritism as she hugged George as well. “Ginny invited me to dinner when she was at St. Mungo’s”

George then noticed Ron. “What happened to you?” Ron rolled his eyes at being asked the same question that was just answered. “Hermione finally had enough, huh?”

Hermione then explained yet again what had happened.

“What a graceful lot this is. One falls from a broom, the other falls over his own feet. That takes pure talent.” George was having to much fun with this. Fred hadn’t been listening to George’s comments. He had taken to Angelina quite quickly. He thought he had let her go once, he wasn’t about to let it happen again.

Angelina didn’t mind the attention at all. Although Fred and George were twins she could tell the difference. Fred had a look in his eyes that made her melt. He always had. It was quite remarkable that she made it through all those matches in one piece. She was always distracted by him.

“Oh, Angelina, you’re here.” Mrs. Weasley came down the stairs followed by Fleur.

Bill and Charlie had come in during the introductions.

Mrs. Weasley looked at them and the twins, “You four best be getting cleaned up for dinner.” They had been working on the house next door for their younger siblings and future spouses.
*******

Ron had always been a bit of an aggressive eater; however tonight he was more of a disgusting eater. His technique had changed for the worse. He was unable to breathe through the swollen mass on his face, so he was trying to chew and breath at the same time. And he continued to overload his mouth so he looked like a pig that had been slopped.

“Hey, twinkle toes, can you eat without showing it off?” Bill was becoming extremely disgusted by the sight. “ take smaller bites or something. I’m about to lose what little I have managed to eat.”

“Please, let us eat peacefully and Ron, stop smacking.” Mrs. Weasley was even a bit disgusted as well.

“I canth helf it!” Ron again was whining.

“Maybe he’ll think twice before starting something ha can’t finish.” Ginny retorted.

“Can we discuss something else?” Mr. Weasley had heard enough. His attention then turned to Angelina. “How’s your job going?”

“Splendid! I’m thinking of trying to get a job with a Quidditch team as a team healer.”

“That would be exciting.” Fred was showing entirely to much interest.

“Absolutely!” Charlie tried to join the conversation, but both Fred and Angelina never acknowledged his remark.

“Forget it Charlie, we’ve lost them.” George rolled his eyes.

“Great dinner Mum, I think I’ll take Angelina out back to see the garden.” Fred stood up and walked to Angelina’s chair holding out his arm. “My lady.”

Angelina took his arm and the two of them strolled out as if no one else existed.

“Well, Charlie, it looks like its just me and you.” George said.

“What?” Charlie looked confused.

“You know, without strings to tie us down.”

“Sorry little brother, you’re on your own.” Charlie grinned.

“Not you too?” George looked disappointed.

“Yep, our baby sister here is quite the matchmaker. She introduced me to a young Quidditch player. Been together ever since. She’s been on a practice tour that’s why I haven’t brought her by”

“Don’t worry George, you’re next.” Ginny had a devilish grin across her face.

“You stay away from me.” He scooted his chair as though he was trying to get further away from her.

“Now George it wouldn’t hurt if you let your sister find you a nice girl.” Mrs. Weasley wanted desperately for all her children to be happy and she believed George needed a good girl.

“That’s okay George, I’ll be your girl.” Rose smiled.

“There you go, I have a girl.” He scooped her up from her chair and headed for the lounge.

Ginny turned to her mum, “Don’t worry Mum, I’ll get him someone.” Ginny looked quite sure of herself.



A/N This was for all you Fred and Angelina shippers. Hope you all liked it. Let's see who else we can work on. (We can't leave anyone out, now can we.) Hope you enjoyed it and come back for more. Thanks to all of you that have let me know what you think.