Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Forbidden Love by mrsfredweasley

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Harry, I don’t know what to do anymore. I can’t even concentrate in Potion’s class. I can’t stop thinking about him and every time he comes near our table I end up messing up my potion. Do you think he suspects anything? Harry, what am I going to do? This crush on Snape is getting out of hand!

Harry read the note quickly while trying to hide the paper under the stone table. He was the only person who knew Hermione’s secret and she definitely wanted it to stay that way. It had actually been an accident that he had found out and since that day Hermione had made sure that he never let that information slip. From then on, Harry was the only person that Hermione was able to confide her feelings too. Although Harry found the object of her affection somewhat strange, he listened willingly, knowing that she had no one else to talk to.

He scribbled a quick response and thrust the note back into Hermione’s hand under the table.

She opened it and read it as quick as she could because she could see Snape walking in their direction.

Don’t worry about it right now Hermione. We’ll talk about it later. Concentrate on your potion right now.

Hermione refolded the paper as she finished reading the note and looked up to see Professor Snape peering over her cauldron, his shiny black hair almost covering his face. Her potion, which was supposed to be a light orange color, was now bubbling blue.

“Well, well, Miss. Granger. You seem to have lost your touch,” he sneered at her with cold, dark eyes, but she drank in every word that escaped his lips. Every time he spoke, Hermione seemed to be sucked into the deep drawling tone. It was one of the many reasons that she found him so attractive.

With a last glance at the trio, Severus stalked away.

Hermione breathed a sigh of relief. She was surprised that she had gotten away with nothing more than that snide remark.

The remainder of the class passed with little excitement and soon the bell rang to signal the end of class and the start of lunch.

In her hurry to gather up her belongings and leave the classroom, Hermione did not notice the note fall to the floor. Hermione ran to catch up with Harry and Ron, who were already at the dungeon door.

*

The class filed out quickly and Severus was left alone. He walked briskly around the classroom, following his usual post class routine, making sure that the room was ready for his next class full of idiots, as he liked to call them. He had reached the back of the classroom when something on the floor caught his attention. He bent down to pick it up.

It seemed to him to be nothing but a simple note. He seized the paper in his hand and straightened up. He knew he shouldn’t but his curiosity was overwhelming. He began to unfold the parchment and started to read the untidy scrawl. Severus could feel what little color there was leave his face as his eyes skimmed the words on the page.

This can’t be true. There’s no way.

The words on the parchment provoked quite a few thoughts in his head. Doubt being one of them. He just couldn’t make himself believe that it was true. But there was no other explanation.

Severus glanced at the clock and realized that he was late for lunch in the Great Hall. If he didn’t get down there soon people would start to wonder where he was, and he wasn’t in the mood to answer questions. With one last glance at the note he folded it, tucked it into his pocket and strutted out of the door, the black fabric of his robes billowing behind him.

*

Hermione sat at the Gryffindor table chatting happily to Ron and Harry, pretending that nothing was wrong.

Ron and Harry were both eating hungrily while Hermione was picking at her food with her fork. Harry noticed this but didn’t bother to ask what was wrong because he already knew. He reached into his pocket and searched around but couldn’t find what he was looking for. After a moment of searching he looked over at Hermione and mouthed the words, “Do you have the note?”

Hermione could see the concern in Harry’s eyes which obviously meant that the piece of parchment was not in his possession. Hermione ripped open her school bag and searched every corner but couldn’t find it. She looked up at Harry and shook her head.

Harry saw the look of horror on Hermione’s face when she couldn’t find the note.

“Hermione, umm, I think I forgot something back in Snape’s class, umm, will you come with me to get it?” As he spoke he glanced at Ron a few times but he seemed to be too preoccupied with his lunch to notice anything.

“Yes, Harry, I would love to go with you,” Hermione replied nervously while shooting a glace sideways at Ron.

The two friends hurriedly got up from their seats, grabbed their books and bags, and rushed out of the hall. The walked in silent quickness until they reached the dungeon door. Only then did they slow down and stop for a breath.

Hermione turned to Harry. “Do you think it’s still here?” She asked anxiously.

“I don’t know, but we’ll find out.”

They walked quietly into the classroom, trying not to make any noise at all just in case Snape was lurking around somewhere. Neither of the two seventh year Gryffindor students had noticed him at the staff table during lunch.

The two friends tip-toed to the table that they had been sitting at and started their search for the small piece of parchment. After about ten minutes of searching the room over and over, they gave up. The two students slumped into chairs beside one another.

“It’s not here Hermione. I’m sorry.” Harry knew how much Hermione was dreading not finding the piece of paper.

“Harry,” she turned to him desperately. “You don’t think Severus found it do you?” There were almost tears in her eyes at this thought. She had tried so hard over the past few years to conceal her secret from her teacher and all her hard work go to waste because of one silly little note.