Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Forbidden Love by mrsfredweasley

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The sounds of the noisy Hogwarts students in the Great Hall filled Hermione’s ears as she sat in her usual spot across from Ron and Harry at the Gryffindor table.

Ron and Harry, in between mouthfuls, were chatting merrily about the current Quidditch standings and the upcoming match against Slytherin. Hermione, however, was not interested in Quidditch. She hadn’t even paid much attention to the delicious food on the golden plate in front of her. Her mind was filled with thoughts of her dear Potions Master. A few times she even caught herself gazing up at the staff table at Severus. Only when his cold, dark eyes met hers did she realize what she was doing and divert her attention. Once, she had glanced over and found that her teacher was peering down at her, although, she could not quite decipher the expression that he wore. When he noticed her eyes on him he quickly turned back to Professor Flitwick and resumed conversation.

“You alright Hermione? You’re not eating anything.”

Hermione drifted out of her thoughts and back to reality at the sound of Ron’s voice.

“Yeah, I’m fine, bit of a stomach-ache, that’s all,” she replied. “I think I’ll go up to bed now.”

Ron and Harry both looked at her with concern.

“Alright. I hope you feel better in the morning,” Harry said sympathetically.

“Thanks Harry. Goodnight guys.” She got up, placed her napkin on the table and made her way out of the Great Hall. She paused at the doorway to take one last glance at her beloved teacher before leaving. Severus didn’t notice, though, because he was deeply engaged in conversation. Hermione savored her last look as she turned to walk out of the hall.

*

Severus chanced another glance at the Gryffindor table. He was Ron and Harry, but not Hermione. His eyes searched the room but she was no where to be found. When he realized what he was doing, Severus wondered why he was so keen on seeing the young Gryffindor beauty. He shook his head in a failed attempt to erase the thoughts of her from his mind.

Realizing that the only reason for his long presence in the Great Hall was no longer there, Severus excused himself and headed for the dungeons.

Walking briskly through the dark corridors to his quarters, Severus was finding it quite impossible to remove Hermione from his thoughts. No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn’t seem to get her out of his head.

He reached the cold, stone door in what seemed like forever, and it swung open with a simple spell. The interior was darkly decorated with black furniture and velvet and silk fabrics. The chambers seemed to suit Severus quite well; dark and mysterious.

As he walked through the door he wasted no time on removing his cape. It landed, haphazardly, on a plush, black armchair.

He made his way to the bedroom, but not before pouring himself a glass of brandy which he took down in one quick swig.

When he reached the bedroom he unbuttoned his black shirt, removed it, and threw it to the floor, before lying on his back on the high, canopy bed.

*

Hermione, lying, fully clothed on her bed was overcome with thought.

What am I going to do? He must know. Why else would he have been looking at me the way he did at dinner? He must think I’m crazy, but I just can’t help myself. I’m just so attracted to him. The dark eyes and cold draw; it makes me melt. And he’s so mysterious. It’s so sexy.

He is so secretive, it makes you wonder if he would even let anyone in, especially me.

Besides, he did all that dangerous work for the Order. He was loyal to them the whole time, even when he was almost caught. He’s so brave.

Stop it Hermione, he’s your teacher, you can’t think of him that way, and besides, he’d never have you.


Hermione rolled over on the bed and tried to block out her thoughts.

*

Severus, lying on his bed was also preoccupied with thought. He was still trying to wrap his head around the idea that a woman, especially a student, could have feelings other than hate for him.

I just don’t get it, why me? What is so special about me? Nothing! She’s young, she doesn’t know what she’s feeling. This is no big deal, it’ll pass and all will be forgotten.
But maybe I don’t want it to be forgotten. Maybe I want something to come of this.

Wait a minute Severus, this can’t be, you can’t be falling for her. She’s your student!

I know, but I’m finding it quite hard not to think about her like that. She’s a bright, beautiful, young woman now. She is not at all like the small, outspoken child she was when she started in her first year.


He turned over in an attempt to block out this internal battle that he was fighting with himself.

*

Hermione’s chest rose and fell as she breathed softly while she slept.

~

He took her hand in his as he gently pulled her close and kissed her softly on the neck.

“Oh, Severus,” she allowed a soft moan to escape her red lips.

“Shh,” he whispered and placed a finger to her lips to silence her.

When he removed his finger it was soon replaced by his soft, moist lips. He pressed them to hers in a passionate, but soft kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck and tangled her fingers in his soft black hair.

His hand was on her waist as he moved his body closer to hers. They were so close now that she could feel the heat from his body and the beat of his heart.

“Oh, my dear Hermione,” he whispered in her ear. “Hermione…”

~

Severus drifted off into a deep sleep as he lay, alone, on his bed.

~

Her lips were soft on his as she pressed them against him. She tasted sweet, just as she should. His arms were tight around her waist and he kissed her deeply, and she kissed him back, hands resting on his chest.

His hands were roaming her body, feeling every inch of it, slowly exploring this young vixen.

“Hermione,” he whispered to her. “I am so glad we are here together.”

His fingers found the buttons of her shirt and slowly, one-by-one, they were undone.

“Severus,” she moaned. “Severus…”

~

“Hermione, get up. You’re going to be late for Potions class.”

Hermione sat up in her bed and looked towards the door. Ginny Weasley was standing there looking quite annoyed.

“It’s about time you got up. I’ve only been standing here for the last ten minutes,” displeasure could be heard in her voice.

“Alright, alright. I’m sorry Ginny. I’m just so tired. I’m up now, don’t worry. Thanks a lot for coming to wake me up,” Hermione replied sleepily. She was quite disappointed to have been awakened from such a nice dream.

“Well, I didn’t want you to be late for Potions. I know how Snape is when you’re late.” With that she turned and walked out of the dormitory.

*

Severus awoke sweating. He looked around, he was alone.

It had been a dream, and a wonderful dream, too. In a moment he realized that it was morning and that he soon had to be in his classroom teaching, but would much rather stay here and retreat back into his dream world.