Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Forbidden Love by mrsfredweasley

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
As Severus stood in the shower, letting the hot water cascade over his pale, naked body, a thought occurred to him. He realized that he would be teaching the seventh years this morning; that meant that he would have to see Hermione. After coming to accept his true feelings for the young woman only last night, he was not entirely sure that he was ready to see her face-to-face. Not only this, but the dream that he had been so abruptly woken from had sparked a few ideas for him. Ideas he did not want to bring into the classroom with him.

Coming to the conclusion that there was no other option but to arrive at the classroom and hope that he could keep him self in line, he stepped out of the shower and wrapped a black towel around his thin, but firm, body.

He dressed quickly as he realized he only had a few minutes to get to the classroom.

*

Hermione, although about to be late herself, was taking extra care with her appearance this morning. She had made up her mind to attempt to get Severus’ attention and see if this crush was something worth dwelling on.

When Hermione was satisfied with the image that was staring back at her, she grabbed her Potions’ books and rushed out of the room with only a few minutes to spare.

*

Severus entered the dark classroom only a minute before the bell. Most of the class was already there. When a few stragglers sauntered in as the bell was ringing, Severus snapped at them to hurry up. A few moments later Hermione rushed in, out of breath, muttering her apologies.

“That’s alright, Miss Granger. Have a seat please,” he responded calmly.

“…I’m sorry Professor. It’ll never happen again…” she continued.

“Miss Granger, I said it’s alright. Have a seat please.”

Hermione stopped her hurried mumbling and gazed at her teacher, obviously shocked that he hadn’t tried to punish her for her lateness.

Severus looked away quickly and walked back to his desk. He could feel all the eyes in the room on him.

Get a hold of yourself, Severus. Just because you have feelings for her does not mean you can treat her different from the others.

He turned back to the class and began explaining all fourteen uses of Vampire teeth. Hermione tried hard to concentrate on her note-taking but still found herself fixated on Severus every-so-often.

*

As the end of class neared, Severus called for the students to clear their tables and put away their belongings. Within moments the bell sounded to signal the end of class.

“Miss Granger, can I see you for a moment please?” Severus called over the loud footsteps of the exiting students.

Hermione turned to Ron and Harry, concern flashing in her eyes.

“Don’t worry, Hermione,” Harry whispered comfortingly. “I’m sure it’s nothing. We’ll wait outside.”

“No,” she replied. “It’s okay. I’ll see you down at lunch.” She turned and walked towards Severus as the two boys left through the open door.

Hermione and Severus were now the only ones left in the room and she could feel her heart beating faster and faster with every second that passed.

Silently, Severus swept past her, cloak flowing behind her, and shut the door. He turned to her, a slight grin occupying his thin lips, and motioned for her to come closer. She did, cautiously, not taking her eyes off of him.

Severus closed his pale fingers around her thin wrist and pulled her closer to him. She could feel the warmth coming from his body.

“Professor,” Hermione protested meekly. “What are you doing?”

“Please, Hermione, call me Severus,” he replied in a voice that did not sound like his own. His tone was not cold and harsh as usual; instead, his tone was warm and full of passion.

Hermione opened her mouth to speak again but before she could get any words out, Severus put a finger to his lips.

“Shh, darling. Don’t fight it.”

Hermione regained her voice. “Professor Snape, what are you doing? This isn’t right. I am your student and you are my teacher.”

Hermione couldn’t believe the words coming out of her own mouth. She was protesting against the one thing that she so desperately wanted.

She tried to pull away from him, but he would not release her.

“Hermione, dear, stop fighting. I know you want this as much as I do, I’ve seen the note. That’s what made me realize just how much a care for you too.”

Hermione stopped struggling.

He’s seen it! I knew it. But what was that he said? He cares for me too? This can’t be. I don’t believe it. I won’t believe it. But it must be true. He wouldn’t lie about something like this.

I might as well just give in. I know, just as he knows, that I want it. I can’t deny it any longer.

“Alright…Severus, I won’t fight it anymore. You obviously know the truth. I want you. I want you more than anything else in the world.”

“I want you too Hermione, it just took me a little longer to figure that out. But now I have and I can’t deny it any more.”

He pulled her in close and pressed his lips to hers. She tasted sweet, just as he thought she would. He didn’t want to let her go. His tongue begged for entrance and she accepted his plea and parted her lips. As his tongue moved against hers she felt shivers crawl up her spine. This is what she had always dreamed of, but it was better than any dream she had had before now. She wanted to be able to stand here forever with him; just the two of them.

Just as Severus was about to place his hand on her breast they heard a faint click and moved away from each other. They had barely parted when the large stone door swung open and Professor Dumbledore was seen standing in the doorway.

“Good afternoon Severus, Miss Granger,” he said rather calmly.

“Good afternoon, Professor Dumbledore,” Severus replied nervously. “I was, umm, just going over one of the latest assignments with Miss Granger here, but we’ve finished now. You may leave now Miss Granger,” he said, turning to look at her.

She nodded, grabbed her stuff and left silently.

Once Hermione was gone Dumbledore turned back to Severus.

“I’ve never known you to give extra help to students, Severus.”

“Well, she is such an exceptional student. I just wish to see her succeed with the highest grade possible.”

*

Hermione walked quickly down the cold, dark passageway, a smile inhabiting her lips.