Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Forbidden Love by mrsfredweasley

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“So Hermione, what did Snape want anyway?” Ron questioned curiously, looking across the table at Hermione.

“Nothing really. He just went over that last essay we had to do. Apparently I missed all of the more important point,” Hermione lied.

“Oh,” Ron sounded surprised. “Since when does Snape go over homework with students?”

Just then, a large, black raven flew into the Great Hall and dropped a small envelope on the plate in front of Hermione. She took one look at the parchment and immediately recognized the perfect print that spelled out her name. She quickly scooped up the letter in her hand and tried to hide it from sight.

“What’s that?” Hermione wouldn’t look at Ron as she tried to think up a good enough lie. She couldn’t possibly tell him the truth.

“It’s nothing,” she said simply, hoping this would be a good enough explanation for him, although it didn’t seem to be an explanation at all.

“What do you mean nothing? It must be something.”

“Hey, Hermione, weren’t you waiting for a reply from the Daily Prophet about the letter you sent them? Is that it?” Harry was quick to think of a cover-up.

“Yes!” Hermione said, maybe a bit too enthusiastically. “That’s exactly what it is. Well, guys, I have to go and get something from my room. I’ll meet you in class.” She got up quickly and almost ran out of the hall. She desperately wanted to know what was in the note.

Hermione ducked into the first empty classroom she found and pulled the piece of parchment out of her pocket.

Dear Hermione,

Meet me tonight at 8:00 in the Potions classroom.

Love Severus


The note was short but to Hermione it meant the world. He wanted to meet her, tonight.

Should I go? What am I talking, about?! Of course I should go. I can’t believe this is happening to me. All my dreams are finally coming true, and it’s all because of one silly little note.

After a moment of silent thinking Hermione left her classroom and made her way to the History of Magic classroom.

*

Severus paced his room, thinking to himself.

I hope she shows up tonight, but I won’t blame her if she doesn’t. I mean, I know, just as she knows, that this is all wrong. But I can’t help it. I can’t help how I feel about her. I can’t get her off of my mind, and I don’t think I want to either. I love feeling this way.

He walked over to the counter and poured himself a drink. In one quick gulp it was gone. He grabbed his cloak and headed off to teach his last class for the day.

*

Hermione sat in the History of Magic classroom, not at all listening to what the teacher was saying. She was too preoccupied with being nervous about her meeting that night with Severus.

Time seemed to be moving slower than usual; each second ticking away ever so slowly. Hermione found herself looking at the clock almost every minute and with each glance she got increasingly frustrated that time wasn’t moving faster.

* * * * *

Severus sat, alone in the dark Potions classroom, awaiting the arrival of his student. His nerves were getting the better of him, despite all the drinks he had had in his room mere minutes ago. He was getting more and more nervous with every minute that passed.

He glanced at the clock. 8:00 exactly.

She should be here any minute he thought to himself.

He got up and began to walk nervously around the room, wringing his hands in front of him.

8:02. Where was she? Maybe she’s just late, don’t worry. She’ll come.

8:05. Why hasn’t she arrived yet?

8:08. Face it Severus. She’s not going to come. You were stupid to think she would show up tonight. You saw her this morning. She didn’t want to be near you. No, she was just scared. She was unsure. The note had to have been true. Why would anyone make that up? But then why isn’t she here? There’s no other explanation. She stood you up!

Severus walked over to the chair he had been sitting on only minutes ago and picked up his long black cloak. He took one last look at the clock. 8:16.

Walking out of the room, he closed the door behind him and headed for his quarters.

*

Hermione looked at the clock in her dormitory. 8:13.

Oh my gosh! I’m late. I can’t believe this. My one chance and I fuck it up.

Grabbing her sweater and taking one last look in the mirror she ran out of the room, down the stairs, and flew out of the portrait hole.

She ran, without stopping all the to the dungeons, only then did she stop to catch her breath.

I really hope he’s not mad. I can’t believe I lost track of time like that.

She reached the door, took a deep breath and pushed it open. She looked around, but the room was empty.

He must have changed his mind. I knew this was too good to be true.

She turned and walked back down the corridor, never pausing to look back.

*

Severus roamed his room.

Maybe she was just late. Maybe I should go back and check if she’s shown up.

He left again, heading back in the direction of the Potions’ classroom. He arrived and the room was just as it had been when he left.

He waited, but she never came.