Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Not So Bad After All by prongsroxmysox11

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
James

I wanted to cry. Just to let the hot tears pour down my face would have settled my broken heart. It felt like the world was crashing in on me and every part of me ached. When they say love hurts, they don't kid you.

All the idiotic things I'd said, and the stupid act of beating up Snape happened because I wanted to get Lily Evans' attention. Ever since first year I thought she was wonderful, but everytime I saw her I just fell completely apart and besides, she hates me. Well I can't really blame her, who would love a sick prat like me? When Sae came up and decked me for beating up her precious Snape she probably started laughing.

Beside me my younger (adopted) sister Alanna is heavily making out with Sirius. It's making me sick with jealousy and longing to kiss sweet Lily. The thought of her causes a single hot tear to roll down my face.

"James?"

I hastily wipe off my face on my robe sleeve and look up at Alanna.
"Are you ok?" she asks gently.

I clamp my eyes shut to stop crying and sputter:
"I-I'm fine. Really."

She gazes at me sympathetically but I ignore her and start walking through the grass back to school.

Lily

I saw him walking faster and faster down the empty hallway, his gorgeous black hair falling in his face. James Potter. The one guy I honestly care about and love to death, and I think I broke his heart.

As he comes closer his beautiful hazel eyes meet mine and butterflies are off in my stomach.

He stares at the floor and mutters:
"Sorry."

I bite my lip and try to think of something to say.
"James, I r-really didn't mean all that horrible stuff I said about you earlier." I blurt out.

"Lily," he says softly.

His sweet voice flows through my ears and I'm just savoring the sound of it when-
"WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU ANYWAY?"

"What?" I say, confused and shocked.

His face is bright red and he's glaring at the floor with tears in his eyes.
I've never seen James cry before, and it's effect on me isn't helping the situation.

"James-" I begin.

"AREN'T YOU SMART ENOUGH TO FIGURE OUT THE ONLY REASON I ACT LIKE SUCH A COMPLETE GIT IS BECAUSE I WANT YOUR ATTENTION?"

I step back from him cause I have no clue what to do.
" GOD LILY, I LOVE YOU OK?"

My heart starts pounding like a percussion section in my chest.
"You what?"

"I love you."

His voice comes out calmer than before, but now tears are running in rivers down his face.

"James," I say softly, moving closer to him so I can look at him.

He lifts his head up and looks at me embarassedly.
"Don't look at me like that." he says.

"What? Why?" I ask.

"Cause it makes me want to do something crazy." he whispers.

He's so close to me I can feel heat radiating off his body.
I bet he's warm.

WHO EVEN HAS THOUGHTS LIKE THIS?
"What something crazy?" My voice cracks when I ask him cause emotions are overflowing every part of my mind. I feel insane and the only thing I know for sure is that I'm wholly in love with the boy in front of me.

He doesn't reply in words, but soon I know what he meant when I feel his soft lips press against mine...